Limerick Forum

Official Limerick Senior Hurling 2019

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Clareman:  "When I said that Limerick fans shouldnt dislike Clare, it was Tipp who are full of it, its this type of arrogance from Premier Gold that I was thinking off.

Limerick in my opinion would have beaten Tipp, the first 15 mins with KK will haunt them."
Llmerik played poor against Kilkenny and only lost by a point.
Hannon got injured armfter 8 mins. ,so we played with 14 men for 27 mins

Kiely has done wonders for Limerick but he made bad decisions on the day. I am still disgusted about the game and why Hannon was not taking off baffles me.
As for tipp we would have giving them some battle and I fully believe
we would have beat them
I am sick Tipp won the All Ireland and been honest I blame John Kiely for the Kilkenny defeat

He is still a great manager and everyone is entitled to a bad day and I believe he will lead us to another. All Ireland next year

[email protected] (Limerick) - Posts: 23 - 24/08/2019 23:59:16    2229084

Link

Replying To [email protected]:  "Llmerik played poor against Kilkenny and only lost by a point.
Hannon got injured armfter 8 mins. ,so we played with 14 men for 27 mins

Kiely has done wonders for Limerick but he made bad decisions on the day. I am still disgusted about the game and why Hannon was not taking off baffles me.
As for tipp we would have giving them some battle and I fully believe
we would have beat them
I am sick Tipp won the All Ireland and been honest I blame John Kiely for the Kilkenny defeat

He is still a great manager and everyone is entitled to a bad day and I believe he will lead us to another. All Ireland next year"
I hope you are right. There's a short window before other teams regroup. Cork and Galway spring to mind with recent underage successes. I've a feeling those calls will haunt John Kiely himself more than anyone. I do hope though he will stay on along with kinnerk. O'Connor is enough of a loss now especially after Quilty and Currid departing already.
I imagine Tipp will be strong favorites next year especially with their big under 20 win last night. They'll only bolster that squad. That's where we could be very dangerous opponents though.
This time the league won't be seen as a major priority by the Limerick camp. I'd look forward to seeing more fringe players get a right go. Also would love to see decent back up for that full backline. We were lucky this year that none of the trio got injured.
The Munster championship as always will be about getting through it. Clare in Ennis and Cork in pairc uí caoimh. That will always be a tough proposition but our lads should be way fresher for it too. We've probably all forgotten that those lads and management went a full 18 months without stop. That would drain Hercules.
I think I read somewhere that we're playing the first weekend and we won't have to play 3 weeks in a row which is great. Anyway roll on 2020

Mads (Limerick) - Posts: 103 - 25/08/2019 11:30:45    2229123

Link

Replying To Mads:  "I hope you are right. There's a short window before other teams regroup. Cork and Galway spring to mind with recent underage successes. I've a feeling those calls will haunt John Kiely himself more than anyone. I do hope though he will stay on along with kinnerk. O'Connor is enough of a loss now especially after Quilty and Currid departing already.
I imagine Tipp will be strong favorites next year especially with their big under 20 win last night. They'll only bolster that squad. That's where we could be very dangerous opponents though.
This time the league won't be seen as a major priority by the Limerick camp. I'd look forward to seeing more fringe players get a right go. Also would love to see decent back up for that full backline. We were lucky this year that none of the trio got injured.
The Munster championship as always will be about getting through it. Clare in Ennis and Cork in pairc uí caoimh. That will always be a tough proposition but our lads should be way fresher for it too. We've probably all forgotten that those lads and management went a full 18 months without stop. That would drain Hercules.
I think I read somewhere that we're playing the first weekend and we won't have to play 3 weeks in a row which is great. Anyway roll on 2020"
What recent underage success have Cork had?

pj_mcmanus (Limerick) - Posts: 425 - 25/08/2019 16:17:55    2229184

Link

Replying To pj_mcmanus:  "What recent underage success have Cork had?"
They won the under 17s all Ireland title a couple of years ago. Have won the Munster under 20 title last year and have competed with Tipp in the All Ireland final in that grade the last 2 years running. While they eventually didn't win the title they have definitely become a lot more prominent in recent years at under age. They will definitely be able to pick more players to add to the senior ranks

Mads (Limerick) - Posts: 103 - 25/08/2019 22:09:48    2229250

Link

Replying To Mads:  "They won the under 17s all Ireland title a couple of years ago. Have won the Munster under 20 title last year and have competed with Tipp in the All Ireland final in that grade the last 2 years running. While they eventually didn't win the title they have definitely become a lot more prominent in recent years at under age. They will definitely be able to pick more players to add to the senior ranks"
Cork have also been very strong in the 14-16 age grades for the last few years, big things expected from their minor team this year but didn't materialise. Given their numbers alone you'd expect them to come good in the near future. Limerick minor teams have have had good returns this decade but counties outside of the top three find it very hard to maintain success for more than a few years at a time.

McFan88 (Limerick) - Posts: 357 - 26/08/2019 08:19:05    2229287

Link

Lads I was in the Gaelic Grounds on Saturday to witness the glorious if common sight of a Tipperary team winning yet another AI playing the type of expressive,attacking,goal-centered, joy-to-watch brand of hurling that we are used to in Tipp but which few can match.
And a thought struck me, the Gaelic Grounds is fine pitch to play such hurling and it would be a shame to narrow it for a big game!!

PremierGold (Tipperary) - Posts: 108 - 26/08/2019 16:39:18    2229477

Link

Replying To PremierGold:  "Lads I was in the Gaelic Grounds on Saturday to witness the glorious if common sight of a Tipperary team winning yet another AI playing the type of expressive,attacking,goal-centered, joy-to-watch brand of hurling that we are used to in Tipp but which few can match.
And a thought struck me, the Gaelic Grounds is fine pitch to play such hurling and it would be a shame to narrow it for a big game!!"
I think they have a shortage of white stuff down there so they have to shorten the pitch ;)

Killarney.87 (Tipperary) - Posts: 2496 - 27/08/2019 18:50:17    2229894

Link

Apologies guys. Embarrassing stuff here. Wonders of the internet.
Like everyone, (honest) glad to avoid Limerick in croke park
Could it be a case of flatter to deceive yet again?

jonnyhogan (Tipperary) - Posts: 44 - 27/08/2019 19:49:33    2229911

Link

Replying To Killarney.87:  "I think they have a shortage of white stuff down there so they have to shorten the pitch ;)"
Pure Tipperary class there for us lads

updwell (Limerick) - Posts: 350 - 28/08/2019 09:57:38    2230017

Link

It might not mean much, but I want to let Peter Casey know he has my 100% support at a difficult time for him.

DUALSUPPORT (Limerick) - Posts: 520 - 28/08/2019 12:30:17    2230081

Link

Replying To DUALSUPPORT:  "It might not mean much, but I want to let Peter Casey know he has my 100% support at a difficult time for him."
Agree with DUALSUPPORT. Well done to him on the course of action he took and hope he ploughs on from here to great hurling days ahead.

slayer (Limerick) - Posts: 6182 - 28/08/2019 13:11:50    2230115

Link

Replying To slayer:  "Agree with DUALSUPPORT. Well done to him on the course of action he took and hope he ploughs on from here to great hurling days ahead."
its a mountain out of a molehill and he has nailed it now but just shows how careful lads people who are in the pubic domain have to be he will be wiser & stronger for it.

clooney (Clare) - Posts: 452 - 28/08/2019 14:55:11    2230160

Link

Replying To updwell:  "Pure Tipperary class there for us lads"
Fair enough, I was trying to be funny. Sorry if I caused offence, none intended.

Scary nowadays how stuff can spiral out of control via social media. We've had more than our fair share of it about our players.

Locking forward to locking horns with your wonderful team again next year.

Killarney.87 (Tipperary) - Posts: 2496 - 28/08/2019 15:09:22    2230164

Link

Replying To clooney:  "its a mountain out of a molehill and he has nailed it now but just shows how careful lads people who are in the pubic domain have to be he will be wiser & stronger for it."
It sure was but I don't see what exactly lads are supposed to do any differently to prevent these sort of ridiculous rumours from starting. Don't ever accept change from your mate in the pub? Don't ever set foot in a pub? Don't ever go out in public? It is complete BS and I think he should just have ignored the rumours completely and never responded. I understand why he felt the need to publish the drug test results to clear his name but that will still make no difference to the idiots who spread this crap. They are just like Trump supporters - facts don't matter and the more you argue with them, the more they are convinced they are right. He should just do his talking on the pitch.

Gaillimh_Abu (Galway) - Posts: 791 - 28/08/2019 17:02:11    2230211

Link

Replying To Gaillimh_Abu:  "It sure was but I don't see what exactly lads are supposed to do any differently to prevent these sort of ridiculous rumours from starting. Don't ever accept change from your mate in the pub? Don't ever set foot in a pub? Don't ever go out in public? It is complete BS and I think he should just have ignored the rumours completely and never responded. I understand why he felt the need to publish the drug test results to clear his name but that will still make no difference to the idiots who spread this crap. They are just like Trump supporters - facts don't matter and the more you argue with them, the more they are convinced they are right. He should just do his talking on the pitch."
Couldn't agree more with you

daveboy (Limerick) - Posts: 424 - 28/08/2019 17:11:36    2230212

Link

Replying To daveboy:  "Couldn't agree more with you"
I couldn't care less what the young fella done or didn't do,his a young fella,the person who sent the video should of had more sense but I think he has made himself look worse now,these things always blow over but now it's going to drag out more and more questions asked, whoever is advising him,has done more bad then good, would like to wish him the best, fabulous player for his club and county.

cityman73 (Limerick) - Posts: 451 - 28/08/2019 21:33:14    2230273

Link

Replying To cityman73:  "I couldn't care less what the young fella done or didn't do,his a young fella,the person who sent the video should of had more sense but I think he has made himself look worse now,these things always blow over but now it's going to drag out more and more questions asked, whoever is advising him,has done more bad then good, would like to wish him the best, fabulous player for his club and county."
That's grand cityman that you aren't bothered what he did but Casey himself, I'm sure , would like to set the record straight if he wasn't taking drugs-It's not something to be associated with if you aren't taking them.
As for people putting up this video and sharing it around they'd want to be 100% sure what's on it before blackening someone's reputation. A 'Limerick fan's showed me the video and how can you say what's going on in it when it's not clear. These Limerick fans are shouting on the team 1 day and at the same time looking for their faults and spreading rumours and stories- where's a bit of loyalty to these ordinary men and supporting them-there's enough anti-GAA and anti-Limerick bias out here.

updwell (Limerick) - Posts: 350 - 29/08/2019 10:20:37    2230353

Link

Replying To updwell:  "That's grand cityman that you aren't bothered what he did but Casey himself, I'm sure , would like to set the record straight if he wasn't taking drugs-It's not something to be associated with if you aren't taking them.
As for people putting up this video and sharing it around they'd want to be 100% sure what's on it before blackening someone's reputation. A 'Limerick fan's showed me the video and how can you say what's going on in it when it's not clear. These Limerick fans are shouting on the team 1 day and at the same time looking for their faults and spreading rumours and stories- where's a bit of loyalty to these ordinary men and supporting them-there's enough anti-GAA and anti-Limerick bias out here."
Think you missed my point,I have heard more people talking about it now,he has left himself more wide open now,I'm not having a go at the poor lad,he has been badly advised,I fully support him,as does most gaa people.

cityman73 (Limerick) - Posts: 451 - 29/08/2019 21:18:50    2230528

Link

Replying To cityman73:  "Think you missed my point,I have heard more people talking about it now,he has left himself more wide open now,I'm not having a go at the poor lad,he has been badly advised,I fully support him,as does most gaa people."
Yes, more people talking now but when the dust settles he has left no one in doubt as to what the truth is and it is a closed book I'm sure he won't give a fiddlers what happens from now. He is his own man and tackled the issue head-on. Big respect for Peter Casey all round and hopefully, he has educated a few people on the dangers of rumours, assumptions and false allegations along the way.

Fitzy01 (Limerick) - Posts: 165 - 30/08/2019 08:45:48    2230591

Link

Replying To Fitzy01:  "Yes, more people talking now but when the dust settles he has left no one in doubt as to what the truth is and it is a closed book I'm sure he won't give a fiddlers what happens from now. He is his own man and tackled the issue head-on. Big respect for Peter Casey all round and hopefully, he has educated a few people on the dangers of rumours, assumptions and false allegations along the way."
Exactly. Let it be now and get on with the club championship. Nothing to see here!!

daveboy (Limerick) - Posts: 424 - 30/08/2019 11:21:50    2230640

Link