Limerick Forum

Official Limerick Senior Hurling 2019

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

best of luck to all involved with this group..they have given us a fantastic 12 months and all going well i hope one more great day out.not surprised that there is no change to starting 15.these boys dont fear anything from killkenny and if they are ready from the very start they will win.in one or two games they have been slow to get going and killkenny could take advantage of this.i think our full forward line can get at their back line.i the leinster final murphy,deegan and walsh gave away a world of frees.our boys can expect there most physical battle all year and the first 20 wont be for anyone whoisnt able for toughnesss..im hoping the ref wont have a bearing on the game but i really dont like alan kelly as a ref.hopefully we will do it.also best of luck to all involved in minor set up,lets get in earl;y and give them huge support to.

CTGAA10 (Limerick) - Posts: 966 - 26/07/2019 11:13:07    2216696

Link

The training is done. The team is picked. The subs are primed. Now it is over to us. Let's be the 16th man.
Good luck to both minors and seniors. 0ff now to check the car. Don't want any complications tomorrow morning.
looking forward to the second semi-final on Sunday to see who our opponents will be on August 16

paddyG (Galway) - Posts: 90 - 26/07/2019 12:33:37    2216730

Link

A Limerick V Wexford final will be neutrals choice but i think history will repeat itself like 96.

i hope Limerick are not over confident as the Cats will seize any opportunity looking forward to two great games of hurling.

clooney (Clare) - Posts: 445 - 26/07/2019 16:39:44    2216835

Link

Replying To clooney:  "A Limerick V Wexford final will be neutrals choice but i think history will repeat itself like 96.

i hope Limerick are not over confident as the Cats will seize any opportunity looking forward to two great games of hurling."
If Limerick lose it will absolutely not be down to complacency i can assure you of that. They know exactly what faces them tomorrow. They are so well coached and know precisely what's expected of them. This will not guarantee victory buy every one of that 26 will solely have kk on their minds.

daveboy (Limerick) - Posts: 424 - 26/07/2019 17:49:04    2216857

Link

Replying To Ej:  "Apologies for jumping onto your forum, but just wanted to say good luck on Saturday.
Was reading with interest some of the posts regarding match ups. I know he is not the player he was but don't be surprised if Hogan plays cf or more likely as a 3rd midfielder."
EJ. Very best of luck to you boys too. I think you will beat Tipp. Possibly AET!!

Would be magical to set up a replay of 1996? Arguably the best two sets of supporters in the country (along with Mayo of course)

Seeking_silver (Limerick) - Posts: 179 - 26/07/2019 17:49:33    2216858

Link

Replying To Seeking_silver:  "EJ. Very best of luck to you boys too. I think you will beat Tipp. Possibly AET!!

Would be magical to set up a replay of 1996? Arguably the best two sets of supporters in the country (along with Mayo of course)"
Thanks. I think Limerick will go for the throat right from the off and will keep their foot on it throughout. I know it's Kilkenny and it's hard to write them off, but I just can't see a way for them to even keeping it close.
You can more than match them physically. Your intensity levels are only matched by Wexford. But pure and simple you have better players.
As for ourselves, I fear Paudie Foley and Matt O'Hanlon will be dragged all over the pitch exposing their yard of pace. If it's within 6 at ht I would give us a right chance

Ej (Wexford) - Posts: 280 - 26/07/2019 18:26:49    2216876

Link

Replying To paddyG:  "The training is done. The team is picked. The subs are primed. Now it is over to us. Let's be the 16th man.
Good luck to both minors and seniors. 0ff now to check the car. Don't want any complications tomorrow morning.
looking forward to the second semi-final on Sunday to see who our opponents will be on August 16"
God luck to both our two fine teams tomorrow.

Oldtourman (Limerick) - Posts: 2269 - 26/07/2019 23:03:38    2216959

Link

Replying To Ej:  "Thanks. I think Limerick will go for the throat right from the off and will keep their foot on it throughout. I know it's Kilkenny and it's hard to write them off, but I just can't see a way for them to even keeping it close.
You can more than match them physically. Your intensity levels are only matched by Wexford. But pure and simple you have better players.
As for ourselves, I fear Paudie Foley and Matt O'Hanlon will be dragged all over the pitch exposing their yard of pace. If it's within 6 at ht I would give us a right chance"
I definitely agree that if Wexford are in it in the last 15minutes you will come out on top.
I expect Tipp to have a big Start but hopefully won't be out of sight at the latter stages.

Mads (Limerick) - Posts: 103 - 27/07/2019 00:09:45    2216973

Link

Replying To Ej:  "Thanks. I think Limerick will go for the throat right from the off and will keep their foot on it throughout. I know it's Kilkenny and it's hard to write them off, but I just can't see a way for them to even keeping it close.
As for ourselves, I fear Paudie Foley and Matt O'Hanlon will be dragged all over the pitch exposing their yard of pace. If it's within 6 at ht I would give us a right chance"
As I said in an earlier post I would not begrudge wex an all ireland this yr if we dont do it . Yee were very hospitable to us last jan when we went down to innovate park for the league game and I met a crowd of wex fans in mallorca lately and we had a great night . No boasting or bragging out of them like some counties even though they were youngfellows but they knew their hurling and we had a mighty night celebrating muns and leinster final victories and chatting about the greatest game in the world i.e hurling

. We played yee in the first game of the league and it would be nice to play yee again in the last game of the year . Hope to see yee on aug 18th and I might get to hear THE PURPLE AND GOLD again .

WhipOnTheBall (Limerick) - Posts: 138 - 27/07/2019 00:17:55    2216977

Link

Shur didn't Donal Cusack say 'Tipp have better players' than Limerick before the Munster final. I wouldn't put much truck in having better players than Kilkenny . They will bring a standard and stay in a game they should be getting ranked in. I would love for Limerick to get a lead and keep it but that's wishful thinking. I'd say it ll be 2 points either way

bloodyban (Limerick) - Posts: 1154 - 27/07/2019 09:43:29    2217011

Link

Replying To PatOLogical:  "Last sentence by Seeking_Silver is "loaded" with meaning and worth noting , whether Hegarty or any other Limerick player, when one considers Kilkenny's tendency to play "over them edge". HOPE THE REF STAYS ON TOP OF THE PLAY.

"So if KK took Hegarty out of it in the first 5 min we could be in bother.""
Pat. I've no idea what you are trying to say here. Can you explain pls

Seeking_silver (Limerick) - Posts: 179 - 27/07/2019 11:02:09    2217028

Link

Replying To Seeking_silver:  "Pat. I've no idea what you are trying to say here. Can you explain pls"
Seeking Silver : I am responding to and completely agreeing with this comment you made in an earlier lost.
"So if KK took Hegarty out of it in the first 5 min we could be in bother.
Seeking_silver (Limerick) - Posts: 176 - 23/07/2019"

I am saying that because of Kilkenny's well documented tendency to to push the limits of physicality over and beyond the "edge" , I hope the ref will be aware of this and prevent KK from "taking anyone out of it", by enforcing discipline and being in control of the game.
I like and agree with most or all of your posts.

Here's hoping for a thrilling game with no red cards or bad calls by ref and may the best team win as long as it's Limerick. Best of luck to our minors also!!

As someone who remembers them the the last 4 "lean" decades ,I am proud and grateful for where this group of players and management have brought us in the past 2 years, regardless of what today or tomorrow brings.
Hurling can be like the heartbreaking, "frolicsome damsel" of song and story, ( or Storey..maybe more on that later)

Come On Ye Boys In Green

PatOLogical (Limerick) - Posts: 1055 - 27/07/2019 12:10:40    2217048

Link

Replying To PatOLogical:  "Seeking Silver : I am responding to and completely agreeing with this comment you made in an earlier lost.
"So if KK took Hegarty out of it in the first 5 min we could be in bother.
Seeking_silver (Limerick) - Posts: 176 - 23/07/2019"

I am saying that because of Kilkenny's well documented tendency to to push the limits of physicality over and beyond the "edge" , I hope the ref will be aware of this and prevent KK from "taking anyone out of it", by enforcing discipline and being in control of the game.
I like and agree with most or all of your posts.

Here's hoping for a thrilling game with no red cards or bad calls by ref and may the best team win as long as it's Limerick. Best of luck to our minors also!!

As someone who remembers them the the last 4 "lean" decades ,I am proud and grateful for where this group of players and management have brought us in the past 2 years, regardless of what today or tomorrow brings.
Hurling can be like the heartbreaking, "frolicsome damsel" of song and story, ( or Storey..maybe more on that later)

Come On Ye Boys In Green"
Lol. I thought you meant something else. Enjoy match !!

Seeking_silver (Limerick) - Posts: 179 - 27/07/2019 15:31:14    2217111

Link

Minors are playing well..some of the puck outs are way too near the sideline.. and some greediness in the forwards has resulted in wides when there was another pass on

bloodyban (Limerick) - Posts: 1154 - 27/07/2019 16:41:42    2217139

Link

Replying To Seeking_silver:  "Lol. I thought you meant something else. Enjoy match !!"
Staying positive ... I would not be surprised by a six point plus Limerick win, We have the physical strength Inside the white lines and the mental fortitude and brain power outside.
Controlled aggression is the word of the day!
Come on Ye Boys In Green!

PatOLogical (Limerick) - Posts: 1055 - 27/07/2019 16:50:30    2217140

Link

Unfortunately the minors are too profligate with the chances they get. Their greedy aswell. Kilkenny showing them how to 'do the right thing'.

bloodyban (Limerick) - Posts: 1154 - 27/07/2019 17:00:13    2217141

Link

Shambles. Game over after 17 mins. Wides kill teams and they are just shocking

bloodyban (Limerick) - Posts: 1154 - 27/07/2019 18:18:23    2217164

Link

Great Limerick heart but you cant expect to win with wides like that. Kinnerks coaching method is wrong. You dont just shoot on sight. It's a technical game not a hit and hope. Kilkenny are way more economical

bloodyban (Limerick) - Posts: 1154 - 27/07/2019 19:22:25    2217175

Link

Tut tut tut, terrible attempt at defending the All Ireland....should have been hammered and good ridones!!!

katser (Galway) - Posts: 704 - 27/07/2019 20:13:57    2217213

Link

Replying To bloodyban:  "Great Limerick heart but you cant expect to win with wides like that. Kinnerks coaching method is wrong. You dont just shoot on sight. It's a technical game not a hit and hope. Kilkenny are way more economical"
We were outplayed. None of those wides were tactical problems they would have went over other days. We just were not at our best and KK were

Breezy (Limerick) - Posts: 258 - 27/07/2019 20:21:41    2217216

Link