Limerick Forum

Official Limerick Senior Hurling 2019

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Seeking_silver:  "Dublin are 4/1 outsiders to beat Tipp next week. So I couldn't resist a score on that one. I expect Dublin to beat tipp anyway. Especially if Eoghan O'Donnell is fit. Also there is some very interesting odds on today's games - dublin v Laois and Cork v W Meath.

Assuming Dublin & Cork get through today we will he I store for two great games next weekend. I think the old rivals Cork & Kilkenny in a winner takes all will be a cracker.

Personally, I would prefer to get Cork....... Couldn't listen to them all year if we won the All Ireland yet couldn't beat Cork in the League or Championship. So I'm predicting Semifinals will be
Limerick v Cork
Wexford V Dublin"
In that case though, would it not be Limerick vs Dublin and Wexford vs Cork as said before..

Mads (Limerick) - Posts: 103 - 07/07/2019 14:20:07    2206994

Link

Anyone know where in Croker we'll be for semis (and if we get to final) with season tickets. I know it's Cusack lower but what section?

EdgeOfTheSquare32 (Limerick) - Posts: 31 - 07/07/2019 17:03:39    2207112

Link

Replying To Dec82:  "The chant they stole from Leeds United is fairly embarrassing but its only a small section from the town end.
Suck it up though, its not like Tipp never laughed at there opposition. Wouldn't it be worse, if they were laughing behind a keyboard."
Which chant did We lift from Leeds?

Breezy (Limerick) - Posts: 258 - 07/07/2019 17:48:05    2207146

Link

Some draw for tipp. Laois and wexford between them and all ireland final.

Goldenoldie (Limerick) - Posts: 73 - 07/07/2019 18:07:45    2207183

Link

Replying To Mads:  "In that case though, would it not be Limerick vs Dublin and Wexford vs Cork as said before.."
Well Laois have just gone and beaten Dublin. Wow Laois well done!! That's what you call a scalp

So now it's winners of Tipp v Laois play Wexford

Seeking_silver (Limerick) - Posts: 179 - 07/07/2019 18:11:47    2207187

Link

Getting a little indication of the standard of Leinster hurling with Laois beating Dublin tonight. Perhaps Dublin started to get carried away with themselves after beating Galway but you'd still think they would dig it out. On this result you definitely would only expect Cork and Tipp to join Wexford and Limerick in the semis

Mads (Limerick) - Posts: 103 - 07/07/2019 18:12:36    2207188

Link

I could be wrong but I'd imagine sheedy would have liked a bigger test before wexford to build up the confidence in the camp. They'll effectively be going in against wexford with no real match after being well beatenin Munster final. Laois on their 3rd week in a row is hardly good prep v wexford and their running game.

I imagine davy fitz will be quietly happy with todays result. It also now makes the main match next Sunday as a bit of a mismatch with cork v kk as the curtain raiser.

That will knock Dublin back a year or two imo. Just when you felt they were progressing. Mattie Kenny will have a lot to answer for tonight.

daveboy (Limerick) - Posts: 424 - 07/07/2019 18:51:41    2207243

Link

Replying To Breezy:  "Which chant did We lift from Leeds?"
When a keeper is taking a puck out or opposition taking a free, it goes " you shit ba***rd aaahhhh "

Doesn't sound right at a hurling game.

Dec82 (Clare) - Posts: 178 - 07/07/2019 19:37:10    2207296

Link

Replying To daveboy:  "I could be wrong but I'd imagine sheedy would have liked a bigger test before wexford to build up the confidence in the camp. They'll effectively be going in against wexford with no real match after being well beatenin Munster final. Laois on their 3rd week in a row is hardly good prep v wexford and their running game.

I imagine davy fitz will be quietly happy with todays result. It also now makes the main match next Sunday as a bit of a mismatch with cork v kk as the curtain raiser.

That will knock Dublin back a year or two imo. Just when you felt they were progressing. Mattie Kenny will have a lot to answer for tonight."
Agree with that and I honestly don't mean to be putting down Laois at all especially because they deserve huge credit and hopefully they'll keep it going the next few years. It's just Cork demolished Westmeath and although Laois were on a high after winning the Joe McDonagh, Dublin should have put them away if they are a serious team.
Davy fitz will be waiting in the wings regardless, Tipp will get the chance to freshen up nicely ahead of that Wexford game, they looked a bit leggy against us. The schedule isn't as demanding any more. Based on that result I can only see 2 handy wins for Munster teams. Even Cork vs Kilkenny. Pity because there had been a lot of one sided wins this year.
In one way if Cork come through that way, they will be their usual beyond cocky selves going into our game. Our lads will be focused big time. The way Kiely spoke after that Munster final I Wrekon if we lose it will be to a better team and nothing to do with the 4 week lay off

Mads (Limerick) - Posts: 103 - 07/07/2019 19:48:38    2207313

Link

Replying To Mads:  "Getting a little indication of the standard of Leinster hurling with Laois beating Dublin tonight. Perhaps Dublin started to get carried away with themselves after beating Galway but you'd still think they would dig it out. On this result you definitely would only expect Cork and Tipp to join Wexford and Limerick in the semis"
If there's 1 lesson from the Laois result today it's that you have to show respect to your opponent and expect their very best effort and get prepared for their best effort. Some Limerick fans already talking about AI final and the like-we have a huge semi-final against a Cork team that has beaten us already this year or Kilkenny with the greatest manager in the history of the GAA with a track record of always producing a performance in championship matches. It's a time for fans to get organised for Croker and give the players a bit of space to prepare. Let us fans enjoy these days but be humble and mot overblowing our team.

updwell (Limerick) - Posts: 350 - 07/07/2019 19:50:24    2207315

Link

Replying To daveboy:  "I could be wrong but I'd imagine sheedy would have liked a bigger test before wexford to build up the confidence in the camp. They'll effectively be going in against wexford with no real match after being well beatenin Munster final. Laois on their 3rd week in a row is hardly good prep v wexford and their running game.

That will knock Dublin back a year or two imo. Just when you felt they were progressing. Mattie Kenny will have a lot to answer for tonight."
Good point about Davy & Wexford. They will be quietly grinning that Tipp will be playing Laois.

With respect to Laois it's a huge slip up by Dublin. Deffo a big set back for Mattie Kenny & Co. I see he has made the fatal mistake of blaming the players.

Seeking_silver (Limerick) - Posts: 179 - 07/07/2019 20:35:48    2207365

Link

Replying To Dec82:  "When a keeper is taking a puck out or opposition taking a free, it goes " you shit ba***rd aaahhhh "

Doesn't sound right at a hurling game."
I only make 1 game a year since I emigrated so You probably know better than me but I havnt heard this and I was down the city end for the Clare game this year near where all the more boisterous young lads congregate

Breezy (Limerick) - Posts: 258 - 07/07/2019 21:07:10    2207387

Link

Replying To Breezy:  "I only make 1 game a year since I emigrated so You probably know better than me but I havnt heard this and I was down the city end for the Clare game this year near where all the more boisterous young lads congregate"
Haha that's the only game im basing this on. Maybe I'm wrong but the reason i remember is because i follow Leeds and it just stuck in my head.

Dec82 (Clare) - Posts: 178 - 07/07/2019 21:55:18    2207453

Link

Replying To Seeking_silver:  "Well Laois have just gone and beaten Dublin. Wow Laois well done!! That's what you call a scalp

So now it's winners of Tipp v Laois play Wexford"
If Cork beat Killkenny and Laois beat Tipp then Limerick will play Laois

LK4Liam (Limerick) - Posts: 19 - 08/07/2019 08:53:57    2207573

Link

When are semi-final tickets going up on tickets.ie ? ........ after quarter finals ? to avoid Limerick and Wex snapping up tickets before other counties have a chance to ? (all or majority or best tickets available)

Thanks

LimkABU (Limerick) - Posts: 42 - 08/07/2019 09:50:29    2207618

Link

I could be wrong but I'd imagine sheedy would have liked a bigger test before wexford to build up the confidence in the camp. They'll effectively be going in against wexford with no real match after being well beatenin Munster final. Laois on their 3rd week in a row is hardly good prep v wexford and their running game.

That will knock Dublin back a year or two imo. Just when you felt they were progressing. Mattie Kenny will have a lot to answer for tonight.

daveboy (Limerick) - Posts: 394 - 07/07/2019 18:51:41 2207243

Id say Liam Shedy will give Laois all the respect they deserve they have an excellent manager in Eddie Brennan there are some serious teams left in Qualifers and Wexford are the only unbeaten team left in Championship so dont get too far ahead off yourself

clooney (Clare) - Posts: 445 - 08/07/2019 11:46:22    2207709

Link

tipp will beat laois welll....these tipp players will be chomping at the bit to get bk out after munster final....i'd agree it suits wexford for tipp to win 10 points plus next sunday as they will have no serious test going into the semi final. especially after the question marks hanging over some of there defenders after the limk game.

munsterchamps (Limerick) - Posts: 804 - 08/07/2019 12:04:06    2207729

Link

Replying To clooney:  "I could be wrong but I'd imagine sheedy would have liked a bigger test before wexford to build up the confidence in the camp. They'll effectively be going in against wexford with no real match after being well beatenin Munster final. Laois on their 3rd week in a row is hardly good prep v wexford and their running game.

daveboy (Limerick) - Posts: 394 - 07/07/2019 18:51:41 2207243

Id say Liam Shedy will give Laois all the respect they deserve they have an excellent manager in Eddie Brennan there are some serious teams left in Qualifers and Wexford are the only unbeaten team left in Championship so dont get too far ahead off yourself"
How was I getting ahead of myself out of interest? In what respect? I'm assuming tipp will beat Laois and I think that will suit wexford rather than a real battle in which tipp could have gotten a nice bit of momentum. There are serious teams left in the qualifiers I totally agree with you.

daveboy (Limerick) - Posts: 424 - 08/07/2019 14:50:17    2207895

Link

Replying To LimkABU:  "When are semi-final tickets going up on tickets.ie ? ........ after quarter finals ? to avoid Limerick and Wex snapping up tickets before other counties have a chance to ? (all or majority or best tickets available)

Thanks"
Yes tickets out next Monday for that reason

50 for adult stand
5 for juvenile stand

35 for terrace (adult/juvenile)

Don't know why there's no under 16 tickets for the hill

EdgeOfTheSquare32 (Limerick) - Posts: 31 - 08/07/2019 15:01:35    2207903

Link

Replying To EdgeOfTheSquare32:  "Yes tickets out next Monday for that reason

50 for adult stand
5 for juvenile stand

35 for terrace (adult/juvenile)

Don't know why there's no under 16 tickets for the hill"
Are juveniles not under 16s ?
50 euro is steep for stand ticket as well !

OpenStand (Limerick) - Posts: 179 - 08/07/2019 16:37:40    2207977

Link