Limerick Forum

Official Limerick Senior Hurling 2019

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To higgins:  "thanks pj, was thinking as much. on the announcement today you'd think the only possible teams we could meet are Kilkenny or Cork"
That is correct. we play the runnersup in Leinster or whatever team beats them.

Oldtourman (Limerick) - Posts: 2275 - 05/07/2019 17:35:48    2205981

Link

A huge congratulations to panel and management on Sunday. Fantastic performance all round & there was a lot left behind.

As most of the pundits were reporting during the week there was. No weak link for me on Sunday. I might add both Tipps goals were against the run of play.

For me the outstanding performance, as in Pairc Ui Caoimhe last year, was Mul. He set the precedent with us savage work rate.

It's hard to imagine a lot of us wouldn't have had him on the team 18 months ago. Well done Graham.

Seeking_silver (Limerick) - Posts: 179 - 05/07/2019 18:50:11    2205995

Link

Replying To PatOLogical:  "Agreed, booing much more dangerous to life and limb than wildly swinging across a player's chest. Loose cannons still on the loose?"
Or boxing the heads off each other in the terraces

WEXILE (Wexford) - Posts: 73 - 05/07/2019 20:27:35    2206018

Link

Replying To PremierGold:  "Congratulations to Limerick, I think the home advantage and smaller pitch(did ye narrow it again after clare game?) really suited ye.
One thing though, I was very surprised with the Limerick supporters on Sunday, booing free-takers, cheering Tipp wides, abusing fellow GAA patrons, I thought I was a soccer match!!Ye could do worse than go to a game in Thomond park to learn some etiquette. Ye are hot favs now but maybe karma will get ye yet!!"
You're clutching at straws now premier. The attempt from the common begrudger now is to insult the fans. We are getting ahead of ourselves, we're too cocky, we're this and we're that. Find a handful of clowns and relate it to the support of an entire county, is that the way to go??

Just to educate you most Limerick fans cherish these moments more than you can ever understand as a Tipp fan as we waited so long for them and we dare to dream there may be more ahead. We came in our thousands through the years of bad times and we'll continue to do so come what may.

If only we could show the class and decorum you are presenting on this forum we'd be ok.

Fitzy01 (Limerick) - Posts: 165 - 05/07/2019 22:17:35    2206046

Link

Replying To PremierGold:  "Congratulations to Limerick, I think the home advantage and smaller pitch(did ye narrow it again after clare game?) really suited ye.
One thing though, I was very surprised with the Limerick supporters on Sunday, booing free-takers, cheering Tipp wides, abusing fellow GAA patrons, I thought I was a soccer match!!Ye could do worse than go to a game in Thomond park to learn some etiquette. Ye are hot favs now but maybe karma will get ye yet!!"
Is there no depth to which you wont stoop Premier. I was there on Sunday as I have been at all the other games. I heard no booing or clapping wides. Every county has a few fans that let their County Down your own county has more than most. My advice is to t ake your beating don't let yourself and your County Down with this kind of nonsense. Tipp simply overrated themselves. Sunday was a wake up call for Tipp try to accept it with some dignity

welpastit (Limerick) - Posts: 689 - 05/07/2019 23:08:44    2206064

Link

Replying To Fitzy01:  "You're clutching at straws now premier. The attempt from the common begrudger now is to insult the fans. We are getting ahead of ourselves, we're too cocky, we're this and we're that. Find a handful of clowns and relate it to the support of an entire county, is that the way to go??

Just to educate you most Limerick fans cherish these moments more than you can ever understand as a Tipp fan as we waited so long for them and we dare to dream there may be more ahead. We came in our thousands through the years of bad times and we'll continue to do so come what may.

If only we could show the class and decorum you are presenting on this forum we'd be ok."
Does anyone know the run in for the AI minor hurling championship...will Limerick minors be playing before seniors on Sat 27th?....I think they will but need it confirmed.

ONdeDITCH (Limerick) - Posts: 337 - 05/07/2019 23:19:30    2206071

Link

The chant they stole from Leeds United is fairly embarrassing but its only a small section from the town end.
Suck it up though, its not like Tipp never laughed at there opposition. Wouldn't it be worse, if they were laughing behind a keyboard.

Dec82 (Clare) - Posts: 178 - 05/07/2019 23:36:49    2206078

Link

Replying To pj_mcmanus:  "Yes Higgins, we would then be playing Dublin"
Is that true? I thought we are playing the winners of cork and kilkenny? (yes I am writing off westmeath)

blackspot91 (Limerick) - Posts: 950 - 06/07/2019 06:37:05    2206102

Link

Replying To Sean Wall:  "Match set for Saturday 27th at 6pm, we will have an unusual routine that day for sure. The countdown is on now. the next 3 weeks will fly. Temple Bar will get a lash and hopefully we will have to worry about the scramble for FInal tickets after it. Luimneach Abu"
I'll be going no where near temple bar!:D leave there to the yanks..

blackspot91 (Limerick) - Posts: 950 - 06/07/2019 06:40:29    2206104

Link

Replying To daveboy:  "Really poor post but perhaps just trolling which I'm sure you are doing . Tipp fans were assaulting each other in the terrace for the Waterford match so not sure where you're going with etiquette or is that how they celebrate a win in thurles.. I've been to plenty of hurling matches where fans are less than perfect on both sides. It's just the fact of life. I'm not biting here on your provocative post but just needed to say thanks for your congratulations and wish tipp the best in the quarter final against a very under the radar and dangerous Dublin team one I'm delighted to be avoiding after such a gut wreching defeat"
Ciaran Carey us adamant that Dublin will take a big scalp this year. Now they've already beaten Galway so that may be it but at the same time he feels there's another huge performance in them. You'd imagine there'll be a backlash from Tipp especially with Sheedy. But if Dublin get on top early maybe tipp will start second guessing themselves. Everyone's talking about Cork vs Kilkenny but definitely don't think tipp will have their own way either.
I can't wait to watch those quarters. Does anyone feel 3 Leinster teams could make the semis?

Mads (Limerick) - Posts: 103 - 06/07/2019 11:28:28    2206188

Link

Replying To blackspot91:  "Is that true? I thought we are playing the winners of cork and kilkenny? (yes I am writing off westmeath)"
I was looking at this also from Wexfords perspective. I think where possible they want to avoid the provincial finalists meeting again.

After that they want to avoid repeat fixtures where possible. So if Tipp and Cork win it should be:

Limerick v Cork
Wexford v Tipp

If Dublin beat tipp and Cork win:
Limerick v Dublin
Wexford v Cork

If kk and Dublin win:
Limerick v kk
Wexford v Dublin

Etc etc.

WEXILE (Wexford) - Posts: 73 - 06/07/2019 11:47:16    2206200

Link

Replying To WEXILE:  "I was looking at this also from Wexfords perspective. I think where possible they want to avoid the provincial finalists meeting again.

After that they want to avoid repeat fixtures where possible. So if Tipp and Cork win it should be:

Limerick v Cork
Wexford v Tipp

If Dublin beat tipp and Cork win:
Limerick v Dublin
Wexford v Cork

If kk and Dublin win:
Limerick v kk
Wexford v Dublin

Etc etc."
Wexile
I dont think Limerick can play Dublin, at least at the stage you say here. Simply we (Limerick) play the Leinster runnerups or whoever beats them (Cork or Westmeath). Conversely Wexford play Tipperary (Munster runnersup) or whoever beats them (Laois or Dublin))

Oldtourman (Limerick) - Posts: 2275 - 06/07/2019 12:40:37    2206220

Link

Replying To Oldtourman:  "Wexile
I dont think Limerick can play Dublin, at least at the stage you say here. Simply we (Limerick) play the Leinster runnerups or whoever beats them (Cork or Westmeath). Conversely Wexford play Tipperary (Munster runnersup) or whoever beats them (Laois or Dublin))"
I'm not sure Oldtourman, it's a bit vague. The wording they used when they announced the fixtures was something like they'd avoid repeat provincial finalists and after that they said where possible they'd try avoid repeat fixtures by that I think they mean repeat provincial round robin fixtures.

In that instance :
Limerick v Cork......... Wexford v Dublin

Would revert to:
Limerick v Dublin
Wexford v Cork.

I'd be fairly sure on that but then again it is the gaa we are talking about.

WEXILE (Wexford) - Posts: 73 - 06/07/2019 13:12:24    2206226

Link

Replying To WEXILE:  "I'm not sure Oldtourman, it's a bit vague. The wording they used when they announced the fixtures was something like they'd avoid repeat provincial finalists and after that they said where possible they'd try avoid repeat fixtures by that I think they mean repeat provincial round robin fixtures.

In that instance :

Would revert to:
Limerick v Dublin
Wexford v Cork.

I'd be fairly sure on that but then again it is the gaa we are talking about."
you are right the gaa have said this year that they will avoid repeat games as far as possible...

munsterchamps (Limerick) - Posts: 805 - 06/07/2019 14:27:16    2206251

Link

Replying To munsterchamps:  "you are right the gaa have said this year that they will avoid repeat games as far as possible..."
I'd give that semi final outcome a fair chance. Dublin and Limerick have great respect for each other going right back to the 30's. Wexford and Cork have a history too .

bloodyban (Limerick) - Posts: 1156 - 06/07/2019 15:26:15    2206264

Link

Replying To WEXILE:  "I'm not sure Oldtourman, it's a bit vague. The wording they used when they announced the fixtures was something like they'd avoid repeat provincial finalists and after that they said where possible they'd try avoid repeat fixtures by that I think they mean repeat provincial round robin fixtures.

In that instance :

Would revert to:
Limerick v Dublin
Wexford v Cork.

I'd be fairly sure on that but then again it is the gaa we are talking about."
Come on Dublin in that case! I'd be much more comfortable with Tipp gone anyway.

blackspot91 (Limerick) - Posts: 950 - 06/07/2019 20:53:12    2206469

Link

Replying To blackspot91:  "Come on Dublin in that case! I'd be much more comfortable with Tipp gone anyway."
Tipp are a beaten docket, Limerick have zero fear of them and should beat them comfortably enough if they met again

pj_mcmanus (Limerick) - Posts: 425 - 06/07/2019 21:34:30    2206522

Link

Replying To ONdeDITCH:  "Does anyone know the run in for the AI minor hurling championship...will Limerick minors be playing before seniors on Sat 27th?....I think they will but need it confirmed."
The minors are definitely playing before the minors but don't know who, we do know it's on at 4pm. Kk beat clare by 7 today and wexford beat kk so the standard in leinster is v good I've no idea about Galway and have no idea about what happens from here

someday (Limerick) - Posts: 1073 - 06/07/2019 21:44:24    2206537

Link

The minors are definitely playing before the seniors that should be

someday (Limerick) - Posts: 1073 - 06/07/2019 22:10:53    2206571

Link

Replying To blackspot91:  "Come on Dublin in that case! I'd be much more comfortable with Tipp gone anyway."
Dublin are 4/1 outsiders to beat Tipp next week. So I couldn't resist a score on that one. I expect Dublin to beat tipp anyway. Especially if Eoghan O'Donnell is fit. Also there is some very interesting odds on today's games - dublin v Laois and Cork v W Meath.

Assuming Dublin & Cork get through today we will he I store for two great games next weekend. I think the old rivals Cork & Kilkenny in a winner takes all will be a cracker.

Personally, I would prefer to get Cork....... Couldn't listen to them all year if we won the All Ireland yet couldn't beat Cork in the League or Championship. So I'm predicting Semifinals will be
Limerick v Cork
Wexford V Dublin

Seeking_silver (Limerick) - Posts: 179 - 07/07/2019 12:47:37    2206934

Link