Limerick Forum

Official Limerick Senior Hurling 2019

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Dealer:  "I'd like to wish the minors all the best for tomorrow. It would be very tough on them to lose to a team that they've already beaten. This is a very good group and they seem to have improved as the championship has progressed unlike last year when they seemed to go the other way. It's a big concern that Mike Keane is ruled out of the game at full back. He's performed very effectively in the earlier rounds and there's definitely a leadership aura about him.

The shining prospect on the team of course is Cian O'Neill. I was most impressed with him in the final moments of the Waterford match when Limerick were a point down in the final seconds of the game. The entire stadium knew that the puckout was going to go to him but he still won it and forced the foul. He then had to get up and score the free in windy conditions. He's a tremendous prospect. It's fantastic to see a guy from a small club make the break through like he has. I'm aware of other players from the area that have hurled at minor for Limerick but not while representing Crecora Manister.

The other player that's caught my eye is Adam English at full forward from Doon. There are others as well with potential to have intercounty careers at senior level but these are the three that grab me at the moment."
Well said Dealer. A really good minor team and , as you say, improving all the time. The defense has been particularly impressive and any team with 2 forwards as good as O Neill and English has potential to achieve success

Westfester (Limerick) - Posts: 844 - 30/06/2019 08:41:33    2202693

Link

Replying To bloodyban:  "Give us a break. The corner forward needs to score or be a magnate for possession. Casey is a nice kid and did trojan work in last years All Ireland as an impact sub. Hesnot scoring or effective right now so hes not worth his place. He works hard. So what. Hes just ineffective ,his scoring rate is lower than his wides rate. Iv checked.
I'd start Pat Pat Ryan if Flanagan isnt fit. Hes lightweight but at least he can burn his marker. Tomorrow Peter Casey will fail to get his shot off or else pass just that nano second too late . Going on form he'll be taken off ,again."
Willie Mullins and Vincent O'Brien could be considered "racing MAGNATES. My wish would be for Peter Casey and indeed all 15 men on the field to be MAGNETS for every loose ball. ( Sounding more like a troll are a least someone with a huge chip...)

"I hates bad grammar and spelling"

Best of luck to our minors and seniors today.
Come On Ye boys In Green.

PatOLogical (Limerick) - Posts: 1055 - 30/06/2019 12:02:19    2202793

Link

Casey answering his critics big time so far

blackspot91 (Limerick) - Posts: 950 - 30/06/2019 14:28:55    2202885

Link

MAGIC PETER CASEY.

fainleog (Limerick) - Posts: 512 - 30/06/2019 15:25:18    2202912

Link

Replying To PatOLogical:  "Willie Mullins and Vincent O'Brien could be considered "racing MAGNATES. My wish would be for Peter Casey and indeed all 15 men on the field to be MAGNETS for every loose ball. ( Sounding more like a troll are a least someone with a huge chip...)

"I hates bad grammar and spelling"

Best of luck to our minors and seniors today.
Come On Ye boys In Green."
Great game by Peter Casey. I'm happy to hold my hand up and say I didn't have faith in him . What a performance by the whole team.

bloodyban (Limerick) - Posts: 1156 - 30/06/2019 15:50:55    2202929

Link

Replying To fainleog:  "MAGIC PETER CASEY."
Magical performance.

bloodyban (Limerick) - Posts: 1156 - 30/06/2019 15:52:01    2202931

Link

Replying To bloodyban:  "Great game by Peter Casey. I'm happy to hold my hand up and say I didn't have faith in him . What a performance by the whole team."
Interesting Duignan mentioned TJ Ryan told him Casey starts because hes constantly outstanding in training. Cant argue with that

blackspot91 (Limerick) - Posts: 950 - 30/06/2019 15:54:12    2202932

Link

Replying To bloodyban:  "Give us a break. The corner forward needs to score or be a magnate for possession. Casey is a nice kid and did trojan work in last years All Ireland as an impact sub. Hesnot scoring or effective right now so hes not worth his place. He works hard. So what. Hes just ineffective ,his scoring rate is lower than his wides rate. Iv checked.
I'd start Pat Pat Ryan if Flanagan isnt fit. Hes lightweight but at least he can burn his marker. Tomorrow Peter Casey will fail to get his shot off or else pass just that nano second too late . Going on form he'll be taken off ,again."
Peter 1-2 in 1st half.. are you watching? Start eating that shirt.

PatOLogical (Limerick) - Posts: 1055 - 30/06/2019 15:58:20    2202935

Link

Man enough to put my hands up and say Peter Casey was really good today as we're all the players.
One of the best Limerick performances I've seen , the work rate was savage. So many great performances , Mike Casey's fielding was immense as was Graham muls work rate tracking back blocking winning back ball.
So proud of both the minor and senior players today congratulations to all concerned .

jimbob50 (Limerick) - Posts: 64 - 30/06/2019 16:52:57    2202977

Link

Great performance. The thing that's exciting is there's still plenty to work on ahead of croke park. Young Casey proving again he's a class act. On the big day he produces. His assist for Hayes goal typifies him for me. Dan Morrissey was excellent along with Finn and lynch. They're a team now that are picking their moments to peak. Along with great teams of the past. I'm hoping they can be one in the future. The signs are good.

daveboy (Limerick) - Posts: 424 - 30/06/2019 17:07:12    2202983

Link

Should Peter Casey be dropped for the semi final now after that performance? As I said he is a quality corner forward and when he is on form he is unstoppable. What a performance today. It will take some team to match our intensity. Bring on Croke park on the 28th of July.

Limerick__73 (Limerick) - Posts: 72 - 30/06/2019 17:13:43    2202985

Link

Replying To Limerick__73:  "Should Peter Casey be dropped for the semi final now after that performance? As I said he is a quality corner forward and when he is on form he is unstoppable. What a performance today. It will take some team to match our intensity. Bring on Croke park on the 28th of July."
Going on form he should be on the team. I'm not sure the point your trying to make. Before today going on form, he shouldn't have been starting. I'm delighted he delivered in spades,thrilled for him.

bloodyban (Limerick) - Posts: 1156 - 30/06/2019 17:37:32    2202996

Link

All 3 of the big ones in 12 months. Well done guys better than any of us ever dreamed of.
Said we went to hard in the league and didnt rotate enough then said we were not good enough in Munster and rotated too much.
Whatever happens next they are amazing and no sad begrudgers can change that

Breezy (Limerick) - Posts: 263 - 30/06/2019 18:12:12    2203029

Link

Replying To jimbob50:  "Best team apart from starting Peter Casey yet again , Kiely must be seeing something amazing in training that he keeps starting Peter ? I just don't see it .
Especially now that Tipp have declared Barret fit and will be starting him we have to assume he will be stuck to Gillane like glue which leaves us badly lacking another big strong target man to take some pressure off Gillane. I will be delighted if I am wrong and look a fool after Sunday.
Fascinating battles the other end , no better team in the country for creating and taking goal chances than tipp and I expect to see them running at our backs every chance they get especially callinan he will take on the role of the injured Maher and barge his way through to create an overlap , Hannon will need to be at his brilliant best .
Early goals are my biggest worry , playing catch up very difficult with a Tipp team who have their tails up.
I fancy Limerick to shade this one with home pitch , home crowd support and the quality of subs.
Expect 70 plus minutes of sheer passion no quarter given or taken.
Luimneach Abu."
"Best team apart from starting Peter Casey again, Kiely must must be seeing something amazing in training that he keeps starting Peter ? I just don't see it . "

By God you are right again, Kiely saw something in Peter Casey that did not, looks like Kiely sees a lot more of Peter Casey than you do.
Come on Ye Boys in Green.

PatOLogical (Limerick) - Posts: 1055 - 30/06/2019 19:11:13    2203061

Link

I hope ye all took my advice on the betting front If ye have been from the start of the championship fair play, we are well in front

[email protected] (Limerick) - Posts: 23 - 30/06/2019 19:21:11    2203072

Link

Absolutely outstanding performance today. Peter Casey today showed how vital he is to us.Congrats to minors also. O Neill outstanding . He's marker supposedly had a senior marking him at training during the week yet still couldn't stop him.

upthetreatyboys (Limerick) - Posts: 77 - 30/06/2019 19:33:59    2203078

Link

Absolutely delighted for both minor and senior teams today. They did their families, supporters and most importantly themselves proud.
We definitely have the best full back line in the country. Even in the 2 losses the mighty trio never let themselves down. Particularly delighted for Mike Casey this year. He had a bad injury in the league this year and was injured a bit at the start of the championship last year. We are getting to see what a superb player he is especially when injury free.
Although Gillane was well marked, the lad never stopped trying. Brilliant creativity for the goal and kept hastling the backs like Mulcahy when he didn't have the ball.
Great to see the other forwards take on more of the scoring.
The biggest negative note from today I'd give is against the ref. Tipp should have at least one player sent off. That tackle on Casey which didn't result in even a yellow was a pure joke.

Mads (Limerick) - Posts: 103 - 30/06/2019 20:32:50    2203111

Link

Thank God I'm on nights tomorrow.

DUALSUPPORT (Limerick) - Posts: 520 - 30/06/2019 21:52:44    2203149

Link

What a performance by Limerick today and what a performance by Peter Casey. Those who doubted him must not follow Limerick hurling too closely over past few years: Class is Permanent. In JK we trust.

limerickforever (Limerick) - Posts: 2 - 30/06/2019 23:25:42    2203185

Link

Replying To Limerick__73:  "Should Peter Casey be dropped for the semi final now after that performance? As I said he is a quality corner forward and when he is on form he is unstoppable. What a performance today. It will take some team to match our intensity. Bring on Croke park on the 28th of July."
Stupid post. Of course he shouldn't be dropped. Today was the day Peter Casey came to life. Just enjoy today for what Peter has done, fair play to him he answered his critics. Luinmeach Abu

rualach (Limerick) - Posts: 21 - 30/06/2019 23:32:00    2203187

Link