National Forum

Club Championships

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

I'd be interested to hear from other counties this last two weekends and how the finals went
i was at the cavan final yesterday and i have to say i really enjoyed it. its a new pitch and it as well as looking fantastic it paved the way for a fast game. both teams have to be given credit, crosserlough with an average age of 22 played without fear and put together one good attack after the next with great movement and great score taking. it was a clean game but there was nothing soft about it. there was some big hits and credit to the lads they got up and kept going. well done to castlerahan i was delighted for them to finally get their hands on the senior championship and they done it by coming back from 6 points down!!! commiserations to crosserlough but theres a team there that will win championships in the coming years.

theweanling (Cavan) - Posts: 279 - 22/10/2018 10:11:39    2147605

Link

Highlights of the Armagh football final for anyone who hasn't seen it yet [url=]https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/northern-ireland/45934807 Some great scores and proper traditional football in front of a big crowd.

Soma (UK) - Posts: 2214 - 22/10/2018 10:52:31    2147622

Link

Armagh County final
Crossmaglen 0-24 Ballymacnab 1-15

Cross finally win the title after a 2 year famine.
20 of Cross's 24 points were from play.
Aaron Kernan and Johnny Hanratty are playing great football. Oisin's nephews are all stars in the making.
You can sense there's something special happening with this Cross team.

A brilliant county final with great scoring and great fielding. Credit to Ballymacnab who really went for it and played some great stuff. To play so well in the county final, lead for around 45 minutes and not to win must be hard on them.

Dessie_Cross (Armagh) - Posts: 116 - 22/10/2018 12:55:01    2147659

Link

Replying To clondalkindub:  "Both teams were at it in fairness , couldn't understand why Leo kept getting involved , you're the best player on the other team concentrate on the game. These pushing and shoving matches everyone in that happen in every game up and down the country are so boring now and ruin great games , can players just get on with playing the game and stop with all this macho bs were all sick of it."
Indeed they were but no need and ultimately it was Naomh Conniall who suffered. They had a free moved against them given Gweedore an easy tap over to go 3 points up before conceding another silly one there after. The incident for the red card was just dumb.

panamasam (Australia) - Posts: 1497 - 22/10/2018 13:32:22    2147674

Link

Replying To panamasam:  "Indeed they were but no need and ultimately it was Naomh Conniall who suffered. They had a free moved against them given Gweedore an easy tap over to go 3 points up before conceding another silly one there after. The incident for the red card was just dumb."
I wouldn't mind his first yellow was a brilliant hand in tackle where he got the ball

clondalkindub (Dublin) - Posts: 9255 - 22/10/2018 14:23:07    2147694

Link

Replying To Dessie_Cross:  "Armagh County final
Crossmaglen 0-24 Ballymacnab 1-15

Cross finally win the title after a 2 year famine.
20 of Cross's 24 points were from play.
Aaron Kernan and Johnny Hanratty are playing great football. Oisin's nephews are all stars in the making.
You can sense there's something special happening with this Cross team.

A brilliant county final with great scoring and great fielding. Credit to Ballymacnab who really went for it and played some great stuff. To play so well in the county final, lead for around 45 minutes and not to win must be hard on them."
Probably another 20 titles in a row for Cross. young talent coming though and the rest of the teams in Armagh seem incapable for producing teams to compete.

The_Fridge (Tyrone) - Posts: 1367 - 23/10/2018 10:56:17    2147856

Link