Gusserane Mark Rossiter Graeme Cullen Sean Ryan Paraic Conway
Kilanerin Paraic Hughes
St James Robbie Barron Brian Molloy
St Marys Maudlintown Donal O Leary
St Fintans Donal Shanley Joey Wadding
Starlights Pa Doyle Mel Doyle Nick Doyle Jack Kelly
Taghmon Ian Carty

Players worth a trial at least"
Ian Carthy great potential for the hurlers too.......

Viking66 (Wexford) - Posts: 776 - 19/09/2019 23:34:22    2237722

Link

Unreal people mentioning lads who have retired, Masterson and banville,

Lockerroomboy (Wexford) - Posts: 84 - 20/09/2019 10:45:01    2237781

Link

Replying To Lockerroomboy:  "Unreal people mentioning lads who have retired, Masterson and banville,"
Yup - bit of a "back to the future" vibe going on all right.

Also see a few names there of lads who've already had a chance or two around O'Byrne Cup time & National League time. Not sure they've improved enough in the meantime to claim a place next year either.

Pikeman96 (Wexford) - Posts: 73 - 20/09/2019 11:56:10    2237803

Link

Apparently there are trials taking place very soon, so im sure they inviting lads in that weren't part of squad last year

lefty (Wexford) - Posts: 63 - 20/09/2019 12:49:17    2237816

Link

We're descent enough from 1 to 9, but seriously need at least 3 forwards not so sure if we have them , and forwards who can score,

Lockerroomboy (Wexford) - Posts: 84 - 20/09/2019 13:15:44    2237820

Link

To be fair a few of the lads who retired were given no option but to retire under the previous regime. McLoughlin's plan was to clear out and start again. A very unwise decision looking back with the benefit of hindsight as the team was clearly lacking leaders over the past two years.
Can some of those still offer something to the county team, I'd argue a few of them do? And if they are interested in putting on the Wexford jersey once again then I'd certainly welcome them back to the panel for their experience alone.
Getting out of Division Four sounds easy to everyone, but if your drawn away to Carlow, Antrim and Sligo then promotion is no where near as clear cut people think, and when going to places like Dr Cullen Park or some bog hole club pitch in Antrim you need as much experience as possible.
I'd be hoping to see around 80-90 players in for the trials whenever they start.

hurlorhurley (Wexford) - Posts: 1182 - 20/09/2019 14:20:19    2237831

Link

Replying To Lockerroomboy:  "Unreal people mentioning lads who have retired, Masterson and banville,"
Ya they have retired but they still have a lot to offer pj is in the shape and form of his life and guarantee he will wouldn't have retired had their been better set ups over the last few years Masterson best goalkeeper in the county surely have a few years in him.

oneills09 (Wexford) - Posts: 123 - 21/09/2019 02:17:16    2237981

Link

Replying To oneills09:  "Ya they have retired but they still have a lot to offer pj is in the shape and form of his life and guarantee he will wouldn't have retired had their been better set ups over the last few years Masterson best goalkeeper in the county surely have a few years in him."
The panel could use some more experienced lads for sure. Whether they would want to come out of retirement remains to be seen though....

Viking66 (Wexford) - Posts: 776 - 21/09/2019 12:53:00    2238043

Link

I doubt very much bringing lads out of retirement is the way forward, anyway I thought the goalkeeper from barntown was very good last year

Lockerroomboy (Wexford) - Posts: 84 - 21/09/2019 18:36:37    2238102

Link