Galway Forum

Junior A Hurling 2018

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

That seems to be the layout, very unfair on MB as a club, they didnt turn off the lights! But the real problem is Connacht Council, they are seemingly un-willing to postpone the Connacht Hurling final a week , even though as far as im aware the All Ireland Semis arent until the New Year.
This is a time when Galway County Board should really fight for clubs,give the other team home county advantage if needs be, these are clubs who are trying to promote hurling, treatment like this only kills them.

puckemhard (Galway) - Posts: 172 - 26/10/2018 15:59:49    2148380

Link

Replying To puckemhard:  "That seems to be the layout, very unfair on MB as a club, they didnt turn off the lights! But the real problem is Connacht Council, they are seemingly un-willing to postpone the Connacht Hurling final a week , even though as far as im aware the All Ireland Semis arent until the New Year.
This is a time when Galway County Board should really fight for clubs,give the other team home county advantage if needs be, these are clubs who are trying to promote hurling, treatment like this only kills them."
It has nothing to do with the Connacht Council.

They fix games at the beginning of the year and are 100% correct not to move them.

There was loads of time for these games to be played all year and now we have a situation where there's 3 games to be played in a week. It's not acceptable.

cowboysted (UK) - Posts: 68 - 26/10/2018 17:15:42    2148390

Link

Neither did ballinasloe turn them off ! This happens because junior clubs let it happen by not complaining about the shabby manner they are treated. They shouldn't give the county board a minutes peace. Anyway looking forward to tomorrow s final in daylight!

padthepostman (Galway) - Posts: 107 - 26/10/2018 19:38:44    2148397

Link

Drawn match 11 each, poor match in poor conditions. Hopefully we will get a better game next time out. I fancy us Turliugh if we show greater discipline, gave away yo many frees

padthepostman (Galway) - Posts: 107 - 27/10/2018 17:37:03    2148432

Link

Maybe. But if Sars can reduce the influence of badger they will win the reply. I thought it was a good game, nip and tuck through out, fairly intense marking and hence the low score. Only 3v 6 at half time

thecut (Galway) - Posts: 282 - 27/10/2018 20:24:27    2148446

Link

Replying To cowboysted:  "It has nothing to do with the Connacht Council.

They fix games at the beginning of the year and are 100% correct not to move them.

There was loads of time for these games to be played all year and now we have a situation where there's 3 games to be played in a week. It's not acceptable."
Very tough week for Michael Breathnach. They lost the replayed Junior 1 semi with Ballinasloe yesterday evening. This after being 4 points up with 3 mins left before the lights went off in last week's game and it was abandoned.
A good few of these lads would have also played extra time in the Intermediate football final on Sunday.
Not easy for the club player.

WanPintWin (Galway) - Posts: 333 - 31/10/2018 06:32:33    2148819

Link

Came here to ask a question; what's the difference between Junior 1, Junior A and Junior B? I was looking at www.galwaygaa.ie/junior-hurling-championships to see how Ballygar came through Carrick to get to today's historic Connacht Junior Club final.

Tacaí Liatroma (Leitrim) - Posts: 476 - 03/11/2018 19:39:30    2149440

Link

Replying To Tacaí Liatroma:  "Came here to ask a question; what's the difference between Junior 1, Junior A and Junior B? I was looking at www.galwaygaa.ie/junior-hurling-championships to see how Ballygar came through Carrick to get to today's historic Connacht Junior Club final."
...came through Galway.

Tacaí Liatroma (Leitrim) - Posts: 476 - 03/11/2018 20:13:37    2149445

Link

Replying To Tacaí Liatroma:  "Came here to ask a question; what's the difference between Junior 1, Junior A and Junior B? I was looking at www.galwaygaa.ie/junior-hurling-championships to see how Ballygar came through Carrick to get to today's historic Connacht Junior Club final."
Junior A is the main competition and features all clubs at that level, including the second teams of some senior clubs. The winners of Junior A go up to Intermediate. Junior 1 is a separate competition which only has clubs whose first team is Junior. It includes teams from the lower Junior grades too.
The winners of this represent Galway in the Connacht series.
Ballygar won Junior 1, but I believe they were beaten in the quarter-final of Junior A. Turloughmore's second team won this and will be playing Intermediate next year.
A huge congrats to Carrick on their historic win today. It's great to hear a story about Leitrim hurling.

WanPintWin (Galway) - Posts: 333 - 03/11/2018 21:59:56    2149456

Link

Replying To WanPintWin:  "
Junior A is the main competition and features all clubs at that level, including the second teams of some senior clubs. The winners of Junior A go up to Intermediate. Junior 1 is a separate competition which only has clubs whose first team is Junior. It includes teams from the lower Junior grades too.
The winners of this represent Galway in the Connacht series.
Ballygar won Junior 1, but I believe they were beaten in the quarter-final of Junior A. Turloughmore's second team won this and will be playing Intermediate next year.
A huge congrats to Carrick on their historic win today. It's great to hear a story about Leitrim hurling."
Thanks, on two counts. And some hater gave you a thumbs down... Probably a hurling-hating cricket fan.

Tacaí Liatroma (Leitrim) - Posts: 476 - 04/11/2018 00:28:10    2149470

Link

Best of luck to Micheál Breathnachs in the final.

galwayfan (None) - Posts: 619 - 04/11/2018 09:00:16    2149478

Link