Westmeath Forum

Westmeath V Armagh 2018 Version

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To westmeathman99:  "Westmeath football in a bad place. Expected nothing else but a hammering from Armagh. Football and support is terrible. I know they don't give us much to shout about but still deserve support. Incredibly outnumbered by Armagh fans again today, and the Westmeath people that do go to the games seem to be awful quiet. Time for a Westmeath man to get the gig next year I reckon."
I presume you support the hurlers aswell then as they definetly deserve it too. 500 would be a good crowd for them. Work just as hard and less ego's

Dote (Westmeath) - Posts: 198 - 10/06/2018 11:51:54    2109338

Link

Very disappointing end to the year last night. The early optimism with o Byrne cup wins and winning away in Derry in league really has just been seeping away ever since. The game was just so predictable last night in how it played out. I found it hard to see what our plan was to open them up when they sat in. It's gone now anyway I suppose and so is Kelly. We badly need to get the next appointment right and get somebody who can rally all the players back onto the panel who have left or opted out for various reasons. The lads tried hard last night and it was gutting to see us outnumbered by supporters travelling from Armagh. God I'm sick of the sight of them after out meetings of the last 12 months. Their three supporters who planted a flag in the middle of the pitch after the game and took a photo of themselves summed them up for me. Wrestling on the pitch and all mouth off it. Call that sour grapes if you want but pretty pathetic thing to be doing after you win handy. Anyway It's the hope that kills you... Cmon the hurlers!!! And let's see the footballers bounce back next year and target promotion to division 2 and after that see what the champo brings. Iarmhi abu

d7h (Westmeath) - Posts: 24 - 10/06/2018 13:49:59    2109383

Link

Replying To Dote:  "I presume you support the hurlers aswell then as they definetly deserve it too. 500 would be a good crowd for them. Work just as hard and less ego's"
Absolutely agree. Hope the hurlers get good support in croker in a few weeks

westmeathman99 (Westmeath) - Posts: 7 - 10/06/2018 15:12:16    2109420

Link

Replying To d7h:  "Very disappointing end to the year last night. The early optimism with o Byrne cup wins and winning away in Derry in league really has just been seeping away ever since. The game was just so predictable last night in how it played out. I found it hard to see what our plan was to open them up when they sat in. It's gone now anyway I suppose and so is Kelly. We badly need to get the next appointment right and get somebody who can rally all the players back onto the panel who have left or opted out for various reasons. The lads tried hard last night and it was gutting to see us outnumbered by supporters travelling from Armagh. God I'm sick of the sight of them after out meetings of the last 12 months. Their three supporters who planted a flag in the middle of the pitch after the game and took a photo of themselves summed them up for me. Wrestling on the pitch and all mouth off it. Call that sour grapes if you want but pretty pathetic thing to be doing after you win handy. Anyway It's the hope that kills you... Cmon the hurlers!!! And let's see the footballers bounce back next year and target promotion to division 2 and after that see what the champo brings. Iarmhi abu"
Must be awful seeing thousands of Armagh fans coming down to support their county and boosting the coffers of the local economy. Shame on those fans making the long drive and spending their well earned money.
Speaking to the brother who went down yesterday with the family , said Westmeath fans a pleasure to sit with and a real love for their county. Best of luck next year!!!

sean og (Armagh) - Posts: 970 - 10/06/2018 15:26:59    2109426

Link

Replying To sean og:  "Must be awful seeing thousands of Armagh fans coming down to support their county and boosting the coffers of the local economy. Shame on those fans making the long drive and spending their well earned money.
Speaking to the brother who went down yesterday with the family , said Westmeath fans a pleasure to sit with and a real love for their county. Best of luck next year!!!"
Only awful not seeing our own fans turn up Seán. Youse can travel wherever ye like. Just remember to bring all your flags home with ye though. Not all the gaa fans around the country are as nice a bunch as we are.

d7h (Westmeath) - Posts: 24 - 10/06/2018 19:41:49    2109528

Link

We had a sweeper who at times in the second half was playing between our keeper and our last defender

the21yardline (Westmeath) - Posts: 65 - 13/06/2018 20:20:32    2111237

Link