Wicklow Forum

Minor Footballers

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Another good performance by this group of players. In the last 12 days they have played away to Dublin and Kildare and at home to Meath and are unbeaten in the 3 games. The only thing that was better than the Wicklow players in Newbridge, was their supporters. Their support is gone way beyond friends and family, which is the norm at county underage games. I saw and spoke to Wicklow supporters from all over the county, which is exactly what is needed. The Wicklow support outnumbered the home crowd by about 5:1. The players didn't let the supporters down and the supporters didn't let the players down. I have no doubt that if ALL the GAA supporter's in the county get behind this team on Friday evening, it would be a huge help in pushing them over the line and qualify for a Leinster Final.

Its now time for Wicklow GAA people to stop complaining about everything that is going wrong, instead, get your county colour's on and get to Aughrim on Friday evening, you won't regret it.

gagamad (Wicklow) - Posts: 18 - 10/07/2018 01:04:59    2120242

Link

These young footballers are a breath of fresh air and are a credit to their clubs and the county. They have lifted the spirits of the county and given supporters hope for the future. I hope that they can prevail on Friday and get to a Leinster final as their performances are deserving of a place in the final. I think above all it proves that we have footballers that can take on and compete with the best in Leinster. I hope that this is a moment in time where our fortunes take a turn for the better and that we can build on what these young guys have started. I would also like to commend Kevin O'Brien; he has done a magnificent job with this team and I hope he will continue his good work in the county beyond this competition.

wicklowsupport (Wicklow) - Posts: 969 - 10/07/2018 08:34:16    2120254

Link

Replying To gagamad:  "Another good performance by this group of players. In the last 12 days they have played away to Dublin and Kildare and at home to Meath and are unbeaten in the 3 games. The only thing that was better than the Wicklow players in Newbridge, was their supporters. Their support is gone way beyond friends and family, which is the norm at county underage games. I saw and spoke to Wicklow supporters from all over the county, which is exactly what is needed. The Wicklow support outnumbered the home crowd by about 5:1. The players didn't let the supporters down and the supporters didn't let the players down. I have no doubt that if ALL the GAA supporter's in the county get behind this team on Friday evening, it would be a huge help in pushing them over the line and qualify for a Leinster Final.

Its now time for Wicklow GAA people to stop complaining about everything that is going wrong, instead, get your county colour's on and get to Aughrim on Friday evening, you won't regret it."
Hear hear. Support was brilliant on Sunday and great to see the word going round the clubs this week to get everyone possible out on Friday night

not just a leinster final at stake but win and we are in the all Ireland quarters.

Pat Mustard (None) - Posts: 307 - 10/07/2018 13:50:21    2120377

Link

It would be fantastic for these young players to have as much support as possible to help them get over the line. Best of luck to all concerned on Friday night

61123 (Wicklow) - Posts: 67 - 10/07/2018 15:39:31    2120428

Link

Fantastic game of football last Friday noght
The huge crowd present were treated to a spectacle
We had the chances to win the game
However there were huge positives for us as a county regardless of the result
Well done to all involved

61123 (Wicklow) - Posts: 67 - 15/07/2018 12:46:12    2122012

Link