Westmeath Forum

Club Only Month Of April

(Oldest Posts First)

I personally disagree with john heslin saying club only month of April is a waste of time , I think it's a start at least. The gaa needs to realise without it's clubs there would be no gaa, Westmeath of all counties should have no problem releasing it's players to the club's because we are not going to compete at the top level in the championship, already this year we see 2 of westmeaths best players staying away from the county set up I can see this happening more

Moorehead (Westmeath) - Posts: 67 - 04/05/2018 00:34:19    2096548

Link

Replying To Moorehead:  "I personally disagree with john heslin saying club only month of April is a waste of time , I think it's a start at least. The gaa needs to realise without it's clubs there would be no gaa, Westmeath of all counties should have no problem releasing it's players to the club's because we are not going to compete at the top level in the championship, already this year we see 2 of westmeaths best players staying away from the county set up I can see this happening more"
Certain county players made the most of it with holidays abroad during April - which they are well entitled to. Some counties played championship, some played league. A lot of county players played neither.

Left Full (Westmeath) - Posts: 145 - 04/05/2018 12:09:13    2096616

Link

There would have been no championship games played in westmeath with the state of pitches

valley84 (Westmeath) - Posts: 1514 - 04/05/2018 13:24:00    2096636

Link

Correct decision by the County Board not to play championship in April.
Club players don't want a 3 month break between championship matches.

Two football leagues games and two hurling league games were played in April which is ideal. As far as I'm aware, Heslin didn't tog out for Lomans the last two weeks.

ondeball (Westmeath) - Posts: 92 - 04/05/2018 13:44:34    2096642

Link