Meath Forum

2018 Club Championships

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Reco:  "Lavin did well on mannion yday. It really was mistakes that were punished by crokes that killed dunboyne. Deegan was very poor yday soft frees given black cards for nothing.dunboynes kick out strategy at times was poor goalie struggled in that department but in fairness crokes were putting good pressure on him.mccarthy was passenger yday Lowndes showed glimpses of wor he can do.
Dublin club football is but above meaths at minute so in reality dunboyne were up again it."
Maurice Deegan never seems to give anything to Meath IMO

MillerX (Meath) - Posts: 383 - 12/11/2018 21:37:09    2150870

Link

Replying To MillerX:  "Maurice Deegan never seems to give anything to Meath IMO"
Yeah he did give them some very soft frees but lads let's not be mistaken he absolutely in no way has anything to do with us losing the game. Trust me I wish I could be on here saying he robbed us or he did cost us the game but he didn't. We're much better than we showed on Sunday although good enough to beat them even if we played our best I'm not so sure but it's just a shame the lads didn't perform to even half their ability.

Aloblack (Meath) - Posts: 69 - 13/11/2018 08:39:35    2150898

Link

I thought for once that Maurice Deegan was lenient towards us. Dunboyne players did put in a good shift but Kilmacud are a huge club, Great development and very strong, They did not need the 2 goals but that made it impossible for the lads.
The one embarrassment was it has to be admitted a section of our supporters. They were shouting 'steps' whenever a kilmacud lad had the ball whatever that was about and crying at the ref even though he leant towards us. Who brought the soccer crowd?

Ashrules (Dublin) - Posts: 194 - 13/11/2018 10:26:39    2150910

Link

Replying To Ashrules:  "I thought for once that Maurice Deegan was lenient towards us. Dunboyne players did put in a good shift but Kilmacud are a huge club, Great development and very strong, They did not need the 2 goals but that made it impossible for the lads.
The one embarrassment was it has to be admitted a section of our supporters. They were shouting 'steps' whenever a kilmacud lad had the ball whatever that was about and crying at the ref even though he leant towards us. Who brought the soccer crowd?"
The soccer crowd!!! Do you go many matches ? This happens at most games up and down the country Supporters players management are constantly shouting steps at the ref. And if you thought deegan leant towards Dunboyne I'd be sceptical about your knowledge of the game. As i said previously he in no way has anything to do with us losing the game but he certainly didn't mean towards us when it came to decisions.

Aloblack (Meath) - Posts: 69 - 13/11/2018 11:01:17    2150920

Link

Replying To Aloblack:  "The soccer crowd!!! Do you go many matches ? This happens at most games up and down the country Supporters players management are constantly shouting steps at the ref. And if you thought deegan leant towards Dunboyne I'd be sceptical about your knowledge of the game. As i said previously he in no way has anything to do with us losing the game but he certainly didn't mean towards us when it came to decisions."
Fair enough, I wasn't at the game and was just adding my twopence worth from historical observations.

MillerX (Meath) - Posts: 383 - 13/11/2018 11:39:47    2150924

Link