Derry Forum

Change Required

(Oldest Posts First)

Just out of Dennis Glennon park and have to say that was awful from Derry. We made Longford look like a Dublin or Kerry.

The management team are far too inexperienced at this level. We are in free fall to Division 4 unless radical action is taken. The team is too inexperienced, Damian needs more experience in his starting 15 and gradually introduce the minors who served him so well.

It's disgusting to see how far this proud footballing county has declined. The men and women who run our County board need to start asking the hard questions for the betterment of our county.

OakGael (Derry) - Posts: 290 - 04/02/2018 15:51:08    2073858

Link

Replying To OakGael:  "Just out of Dennis Glennon park and have to say that was awful from Derry. We made Longford look like a Dublin or Kerry.

The management team are far too inexperienced at this level. We are in free fall to Division 4 unless radical action is taken. The team is too inexperienced, Damian needs more experience in his starting 15 and gradually introduce the minors who served him so well.

It's disgusting to see how far this proud footballing county has declined. The men and women who run our County board need to start asking the hard questions for the betterment of our county."
Couldn't agree more, where are both Heavrons and McGuckin. Where is McBride and Duffy etc etc. We really do need the likes of Ryan Bell and Niall Loughlain. Yes we are missing a handful of Sleachtneil Lads but that should not be an excuse or issue.
I was very optimistic when McErlain came in but I'm beginning to lose faith in the Players and Management. It is unacceptable, a friend of mine went and put a bet on Derry to get Relegated. Is this really where Derry are going.

oakleafersir (Derry) - Posts: 720 - 04/02/2018 20:12:54    2074033

Link

Lads I was at longford derry game today and here's my view for what it's worth on derry. I have no great knowledge of the club scene up there apart from slaughtneil. I would also say that longford are not as bad as portrayed by lazy journalism in the media. Some good players coming through from good minor and u21 teams, that are not obviously household names. What I observed today was that derry appeared to be totally focussed on defence. At stages there was absolutely no one up front in attack. Even when longford got 4 to 5 points ahead, the system stayed the same. There was no change of tactics, no emphasis on attack. Have to say when they did attack on occasion, they looked dangerous. Derrys goal was a great move. Then the went back to type and gave longford I would say 65 percent possession. Obviously derry are taking a hit with the missing players, but to me, from the other side of the fence, the system is flawed and in honesty lads, not good to watch. Hope things go better from now on. After all we shared Eamon Coleman!!!!

Longfordbaz (Longford) - Posts: 105 - 04/02/2018 21:10:21    2074069

Link

Replying To oakleafersir:  "Couldn't agree more, where are both Heavrons and McGuckin. Where is McBride and Duffy etc etc. We really do need the likes of Ryan Bell and Niall Loughlain. Yes we are missing a handful of Sleachtneil Lads but that should not be an excuse or issue.
I was very optimistic when McErlain came in but I'm beginning to lose faith in the Players and Management. It is unacceptable, a friend of mine went and put a bet on Derry to get Relegated. Is this really where Derry are going."
As I said 'I was at the game'. Management team out of their depth at this level. The players Damian has brought in are talented and have a good future ahead of them but are too inexperienced at this level.

To develop in any team support you need an injection of fresh blood alongside experience. However, Damian has gone with too much inexperience and not enough experience.

We are bottom alongside Wexford, and have to play Armagh, Fermanagh and Sligo away and Wexford and Offaly at home. We need 6 points out of our remaining 5 games if we are going to remain in Division 3.

However, having witnessied all Derry's games in 20I8 I am not overly confident that we will get the required points to keep us in the division.

OakGael (Derry) - Posts: 290 - 04/02/2018 21:13:23    2074071

Link