Westmeath Forum

New County Website

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

just checking, is it my computer or is there a problem with some of the underage groups for example u 16 football division 2 being all senior hurling. i don't want to be giving out because it is a thankless job and very time consuming

madbull (Westmeath) - Posts: 191 - 10/04/2018 12:28:33    2092062

Link

Replying To valley84:  "Did you not get the memo?

People have to be positive

A first year IT student could put together a website with fixtures and results"
Its not really the website- its the information being provided to us. the template is there the info just has to be put in.

Kudos to the young lad.

Leftboothaey (Westmeath) - Posts: 22 - 10/04/2018 16:00:36    2092141

Link

There are division 3 and 4 games on this weekend

not a mention of them on the county website.

valley84 (Westmeath) - Posts: 1556 - 14/04/2018 14:27:29    2092982

Link

3rd week of May and still no fixtures for championship. A joke at this stage. If a team knew at least which week was their bye week they might be able to organise a family break/holiday. No consideration given for the players

puglerdaly (Westmeath) - Posts: 45 - 18/05/2018 18:13:29    2102012

Link

Replying To puglerdaly:  "3rd week of May and still no fixtures for championship. A joke at this stage. If a team knew at least which week was their bye week they might be able to organise a family break/holiday. No consideration given for the players"
As far as I am aware after the planning meeting every secretary in the county got their championship fixtures but these are dependant on the success or lack of it of our county teams.

jobber (Westmeath) - Posts: 554 - 19/05/2018 20:04:07    2102178

Link

Replying To jobber:  "As far as I am aware after the planning meeting every secretary in the county got their championship fixtures but these are dependant on the success or lack of it of our county teams."
thats fine
why not put the dates up online though?

valley84 (Westmeath) - Posts: 1556 - 20/05/2018 08:59:00    2102224

Link

Clubs have had a full list of fixtures since early March, if you're looking to book your holidays maybe have a chat with one of your local club players or secretary. Whoever is running the website has a lot of league games to keep updated and is doing well to keep up with them for the most part so they will probably worry about Championship fixtures closer to the time.

LakemenAbu (Westmeath) - Posts: 134 - 20/05/2018 14:15:41    2102284

Link

No reason why this info or the Master Fixtures Schedule cannot be shared on the website.
Fixtures, results and updated tables seem to be improving.

BigSur (Westmeath) - Posts: 593 - 20/05/2018 16:35:48    2102314

Link

I understand the Championship fixture dates are on the master fixture list but in the case of hurling there is 5 teams in each group so each week one team has a bye. The only actually fixture confirmed as in who you are playing is the first one therefore players do not know which week is their bye week which would be huge for a player trying to organise a family holiday. I know numerous requests for details on this have been made to our secretary from players but the info is still not available.

puglerdaly (Westmeath) - Posts: 45 - 21/05/2018 08:51:20    2102514

Link

Is there anywhere online to view a list of all fixtures and results for the previous/upcoming week like would typically have been in the paper or old website in the past? Its not hard to copy/paste this info from the fixture secretary's emails.

The main county website looks nice and shiny but I still can't see this crucial information. Championship proper has already started in most competitions but its still not been rectified. Its a shame really. When I saw the website at the start of the year and read some articles it got my hopes up.

gedupoutofit (Westmeath) - Posts: 52 - 19/06/2018 10:26:48    2112978

Link

intermediate hurling starts this evening
fixtures are not even on the website.
whats the point in even having a website?

manfromdelmonte (UK) - Posts: 528 - 19/06/2018 12:09:00    2113020

Link

So after a lot of googling I found a page that lists results and fixtures for all counties including Westmeath. The results seem do to be accurate but the fixtures list looks to be inaccurate. I can only guess that the list of fixtures are based on a provisional master list of fixtures.

Results: http://www.gaascoreboard.ie/resultsByDate/7051/results" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.gaascoreboard.ie/resultsByDate/7051/results

Fixtures: http://www.gaascoreboard.ie/resultsByDate/7051/

gedupoutofit (Westmeath) - Posts: 52 - 20/06/2018 14:17:01    2113358

Link

Replying To gedupoutofit:  "So after a lot of googling I found a page that lists results and fixtures for all counties including Westmeath. The results seem do to be accurate but the fixtures list looks to be inaccurate. I can only guess that the list of fixtures are based on a provisional master list of fixtures.

Results: http://www.gaascoreboard.ie/resultsByDate/7051/results

Fixtures: Mistake" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.gaascoreboard.ie/resultsByDate/7051/"
Mistake in the links/formatting. Correct information below:

RESULTS: http://www.gaascoreboard.ie/resultsByDate/7051/

FIXTURES: http://www.gaascoreboard.ie/fixturesByDate/7051/fixtures

gedupoutofit (Westmeath) - Posts: 52 - 20/06/2018 14:30:06    2113363

Link

Personally I think the website is brilliant. As far as I am aware everyone running it and indeed county board are voluntary. Do they deserve abuse levels on here. Surely its going to discourage good people going forward

jobber (Westmeath) - Posts: 554 - 21/06/2018 00:21:29    2113480

Link

Replying To jobber:  "Personally I think the website is brilliant. As far as I am aware everyone running it and indeed county board are voluntary. Do they deserve abuse levels on here. Surely its going to discourage good people going forward"
Totally agree with Jobber, nobody deserves abuse for volunteering.
However, to say the website is brilliant is laughable.
The website is poor (lets call a spade, a spade) and discourages people away from the site.
To be fair, its not just the website that's poor. Their Twitter account isn't great either.
What people want is a page they can view with fixtures, results and tables.
Failing to do those things, leaves the website redundant.
Well done to gedupoutofit for those links, I'll be bookmarking those.

Registered (Westmeath) - Posts: 29 - 21/06/2018 15:25:48    2113589

Link

I see all of the senior football championship fixtures are now up on the site with the intermediate ones pending.

anon (None) - Posts: 310 - 22/06/2018 13:42:39    2113752

Link

Replying To Registered:  "Totally agree with Jobber, nobody deserves abuse for volunteering.
However, to say the website is brilliant is laughable.
The website is poor (lets call a spade, a spade) and discourages people away from the site.
To be fair, its not just the website that's poor. Their Twitter account isn't great either.
What people want is a page they can view with fixtures, results and tables.
Failing to do those things, leaves the website redundant.
Well done to gedupoutofit for those links, I'll be bookmarking those."
Agree that nobody deserves abuse, at the ned of the day, these people are giving up their spare time.

I think the website looks far better, but the functionality is poor. To be honest all they need to do is to add a link for 'upcoming fixtures' which will display the upcoming fixtures for all grades/codes for the next two weeks. It would be far better just having them there in order of their date. If they made this change I think it would go a long way. Their Twitter has come on a lot this year to be fair.

Ferrett (Westmeath) - Posts: 38 - 22/06/2018 20:43:14    2113798

Link

Website looking a lot better now with fixtures results etc. Well done to all. Rome wasn't built in a day !

BigSur (Westmeath) - Posts: 593 - 10/07/2018 20:39:42    2120532

Link