Down Forum

2018 FIXTURES - Allianz Hurling League Roinn 2B

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To bricktop:  "the psychology of losing a soft goal seems lost on some.

I also mentioned that 13 points is not enough to win a game."
"the psychology of losing a soft goal"
I think Mayo scored the goal half way through the 1st half and indeed Down lead by a point at half time so the "psychology " of the goal was minimal. Inactive forwards and failure of management to make changes adds up to failure and utter failure nothing more or nothing less. I watched several games of this league campaign and had to agree with others there was at least 4 players that were below par and they were positioned from mid field to the full forward line. Players inability and poor tactics leads to defeat.

swan song (None) - Posts: 419 - 21/03/2018 18:45:22    2086746

Link

Replying To swan song:  ""the psychology of losing a soft goal"
I think Mayo scored the goal half way through the 1st half and indeed Down lead by a point at half time so the "psychology " of the goal was minimal. Inactive forwards and failure of management to make changes adds up to failure and utter failure nothing more or nothing less. I watched several games of this league campaign and had to agree with others there was at least 4 players that were below par and they were positioned from mid field to the full forward line. Players inability and poor tactics leads to defeat."
Manager can't make changes from a car speeding towards aldergrove. If that was a player he would never be allowed to wear the jersey again. I have never been one to blame county board but they must take responsibility here too. How can they just accept this? They wouldn't allow a football development squad water carrier to do this never mind their senior hurling manager

In_da_ditch (UK) - Posts: 68 - 24/03/2018 06:34:49    2087350

Link

Replying To In_da_ditch:  "Manager can't make changes from a car speeding towards aldergrove. If that was a player he would never be allowed to wear the jersey again. I have never been one to blame county board but they must take responsibility here too. How can they just accept this? They wouldn't allow a football development squad water carrier to do this never mind their senior hurling manager"
Would you yourself possibly have done as much for the down jersey

ianog (Down) - Posts: 359 - 24/03/2018 09:53:35    2087371

Link

Replying To ianog:  "Would you yourself possibly have done as much for the down jersey"
Somebody said at the match he was away to London to bring back magic.??

Thekid14 (Down) - Posts: 95 - 25/03/2018 00:05:32    2087594

Link

U21s had a brave battle against Antrim yesterday! Heard they could have won the game. Was anyone at it?

RedDog68 (Down) - Posts: 107 - 25/03/2018 10:11:38    2087621

Link

Replying To RedDog68:  "U21s had a brave battle against Antrim yesterday! Heard they could have won the game. Was anyone at it?"
Great battle by the u21s on Saturday particularly as injury and university commitments had robbed them of a couple of key players ...........while they had a free at the end of normal time to win it , the game was actually really turned earlier in the half when they lost simple position that should have led to a point for Down but Antrim dispossessed the Down player then launched an attack that led to their goal.

To their credit the lads never gave up and gave Antrim one hell of a battle, matching them over a 100 mins of hurling......won't single out individual players as it really was a team/panel effort........disappointing loss but the consolation is they are now in the All Ireland u21 B and based on what was displayed on Saturday they won't be far away......

PaudieSull1 (Down) - Posts: 557 - 26/03/2018 09:31:56    2088118

Link

Glad to c u21s contesting again,maybe with someone drivin them properly there is a future at senior level,,,,,,could u be the man to do that paudie????

crannumber2 (Down) - Posts: 92 - 26/03/2018 20:40:04    2088475

Link

Replying To PaudieSull1:  "Great battle by the u21s on Saturday particularly as injury and university commitments had robbed them of a couple of key players ...........while they had a free at the end of normal time to win it , the game was actually really turned earlier in the half when they lost simple position that should have led to a point for Down but Antrim dispossessed the Down player then launched an attack that led to their goal.

To their credit the lads never gave up and gave Antrim one hell of a battle, matching them over a 100 mins of hurling......won't single out individual players as it really was a team/panel effort........disappointing loss but the consolation is they are now in the All Ireland u21 B and based on what was displayed on Saturday they won't be far away......"
Brilliant effort. I hope the all Ireland goes well for you. Down players & management of the future!!!!

In_da_ditch (UK) - Posts: 68 - 27/03/2018 08:07:46    2088576

Link

Replying To crannumber2:  "Glad to c u21s contesting again,maybe with someone drivin them properly there is a future at senior level,,,,,,could u be the man to do that paudie????"
It helps if you've played senior intercounty hurling.

Playing on the ditch isn't enough

bricktop (Down) - Posts: 2117 - 27/03/2018 11:51:04    2088644

Link

Said before lasts years U17 & Minor's future of Down hurling, both players and management. Hard luck at the weekend.

dingle82 (Down) - Posts: 164 - 27/03/2018 12:00:35    2088654

Link

Replying To bricktop:  "It helps if you've played senior intercounty hurling.

Playing on the ditch isn't enough"
Bricktop, do you EVER have ANYTHING positive or constructive to say about ANY of the hurling managers/mentors at County level at any grade in Down...???

THEMOLE2 (Down) - Posts: 1522 - 27/03/2018 13:30:29    2088697

Link

Replying To THEMOLE2:  "Bricktop, do you EVER have ANYTHING positive or constructive to say about ANY of the hurling managers/mentors at County level at any grade in Down...???"
I think you'll find I've cut the current senior management some slack as they're now working with a very young team and it's going to take time.

Do they get everything right, no they don't but if someone posts nonsense about a few lads who have No experience of managing a senior club team let alone anything of any great significance as being the saviours of Down hurling then I will call them out on it.

bricktop (Down) - Posts: 2117 - 27/03/2018 14:04:59    2088715

Link

Replying To bricktop:  "I think you'll find I've cut the current senior management some slack as they're now working with a very young team and it's going to take time.

Do they get everything right, no they don't but if someone posts nonsense about a few lads who have No experience of managing a senior club team let alone anything of any great significance as being the saviours of Down hurling then I will call them out on it."
Do u not need an address in the ards before u can play down hurling???

Thekid14 (Down) - Posts: 95 - 27/03/2018 23:00:32    2088896

Link

Suggest we keep the thread to what it should be about Down hurling performances......if lads have personal comments to make about other people then they should be man enough to say it to those people's faces and back up their big talk instead of trolling on a faceless Internet forum......some of us post here for a bit of craic and to talk a bit of hurling for light relief while some just want to use it to wind people up or comment from the sidelines on others who are actually trying to do something

PaudieSull1 (Down) - Posts: 557 - 28/03/2018 08:40:41    2088925

Link

Replying To bricktop:  "It helps if you've played senior intercounty hurling.

Playing on the ditch isn't enough"
Have you played senior intercounty hurling?

In_da_ditch (UK) - Posts: 68 - 29/03/2018 07:52:24    2089239

Link

Replying To Thekid14:  "
Replying To bricktop:  "I think you'll find I've cut the current senior management some slack as they're now working with a very young team and it's going to take time.

Do they get everything right, no they don't but if someone posts nonsense about a few lads who have No experience of managing a senior club team let alone anything of any great significance as being the saviours of Down hurling then I will call them out on it."
Do u not need an address in the ards before u can play down hurling???"
It certainly helps :-)

bricktop (Down) - Posts: 2117 - 29/03/2018 09:07:50    2089252

Link

When does christy ring kick off

crannumber2 (Down) - Posts: 92 - 30/03/2018 18:35:11    2089577

Link