Leitrim Forum

Club league 2018

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Do posters have any knowledge of how desisions are made at co board level re fixtures?
ALL Clubs agreed to play two rounds of the League without County players-including Mohill so I don't understand why this is now an issue.Why should there be an exception for one club when nine Clubs provided players to the County panel?
No wonder Leitrim football is in a state when a Club gets upset over a League game.

leitrimabu1 (Leitrim) - Posts: 23 - 31/05/2018 22:36:36    2106118

Link

Replying To leitrimabu1:  "Do posters have any knowledge of how desisions are made at co board level re fixtures?
ALL Clubs agreed to play two rounds of the League without County players-including Mohill so I don't understand why this is now an issue.Why should there be an exception for one club when nine Clubs provided players to the County panel?
No wonder Leitrim football is in a state when a Club gets upset over a League game."
I agree what you are saying but a blurb like mohill who are on the rise and are good for Leitrim football but who have 8 lads with the county is unfair why was Melvin Gaels allowed to play with its county player that's one rule for one

Johnnyk1234 (Leitrim) - Posts: 17 - 01/06/2018 10:04:16    2106179

Link

Replying To leitrimabu1:  "Do posters have any knowledge of how desisions are made at co board level re fixtures?
No wonder Leitrim football is in a state when a Club gets upset over a League game."
2 clubs didn't vote for it and Mohill was one of them!

theham (Cavan) - Posts: 30 - 01/06/2018 11:06:11    2106213

Link

If clubs were playing without what would usually be 2-4 players max then fair enough but having to play without their best 8 players and 2 lads left in the winter to other clubs, throw in the usual injuries players away etc they will play those 2 rounds with 3/4 of last years championship team at best where Glera/Drumkeerin/ Aughnasheelin all play at full strength. This is a poor solution to a major problem. For a good debate where everything should be up for discussion where asking any team to play without their county players should be avoided at all costs. October after championship all clubs represented with a committee member, a player and a club coach should brainstorm until a compromise is reached and that settlement is proposed as a motion with an unanimous decision at co board agm. Democracy in last years case never took a team into account who gets penalized twice as hard if not worse than everybody else.

bananapublican (Leitrim) - Posts: 811 - 01/06/2018 15:26:13    2106296

Link

Just shows what can be achieved when a club actually stand by what they say. Mohil held the county to ransom and got what they wanted. No more games without county players from now on.

Champotime18 (Leitrim) - Posts: 15 - 05/06/2018 10:16:37    2107581

Link

Replying To Champotime18:  "Just shows what can be achieved when a club actually stand by what they say. Mohil held the county to ransom and got what they wanted. No more games without county players from now on."
Great. So now we have a precedent where if a club isn't happy with a decision voted in by the clubs they can kick and scream until they get it changed.

SeanMacDiarmada (Leitrim) - Posts: 241 - 05/06/2018 12:55:53    2107651

Link

Tbf the clubs have been held to ransom in this county for years. Throwing in fixtures without notice asking players to play in December. No regard for player welfare most of them time. I say well done too Mohil.

Champotime18 (Leitrim) - Posts: 15 - 05/06/2018 13:00:53    2107654

Link

Replying To Johnnyk1234:  "I agree what you are saying but a blurb like mohill who are on the rise and are good for Leitrim football but who have 8 lads with the county is unfair why was Melvin Gaels allowed to play with its county player that's one rule for one"
Its a difficult one...but lets remember fielded 3 championship teams last summer across junior intermediate and senior thats 51plus players. I think if the rule is play with your county players...its the rule and you play without them. Then come congress try and change it

index777 (Leitrim) - Posts: 12 - 05/06/2018 16:37:34    2107763

Link

Does anyone know why we don't have Div 1 & Div 2 fixtures this weekend? Its a complete joke and there is games fixed for next weekend. Surely we should be running of the games at every opportunity go get the league played off before championship.
I have to say, and I have been saying this for some years now I think the county board are a disgrace and the fixtures is a joke. Players never know until the week of a game if its going ahead...
complete joke..

harleys (Leitrim) - Posts: 235 - 06/06/2018 10:27:55    2107968

Link

Replying To harleys:  "Does anyone know why we don't have Div 1 & Div 2 fixtures this weekend? Its a complete joke and there is games fixed for next weekend. Surely we should be running of the games at every opportunity go get the league played off before championship.
I have to say, and I have been saying this for some years now I think the county board are a disgrace and the fixtures is a joke. Players never know until the week of a game if its going ahead...
complete joke.."
It gets better......next weeks fixtures have been pulled also

straightred (Leitrim) - Posts: 28 - 06/06/2018 12:19:27    2108018

Link

Yes no games this weekend or next weekend is a joke. The treatment our club players receive is woeful.

Fr.spodo_gamodo (Leitrim) - Posts: 171 - 06/06/2018 18:28:11    2108155

Link

I agree its a joke. No wonder we have so many players going stateside for the summer to play ball. All they have to worry about over there is if their Philly cheese steaks are cooked enough!

LENOVO (Australia) - Posts: 31 - 07/06/2018 15:00:21    2108406

Link