Wicklow Forum

WICKLOW HURLING 2018

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To The Real 1944:  "Well done Wicklow, great to see another Leinster team progress. Hopefully you can compete in 2A next year."
And well done to Carlow .

Onwards and upwards.

sponger (Wicklow) - Posts: 2688 - 11/03/2019 11:35:33    2171594

Link

Well done to our lads yesterday in monaghan against Derry got home very late last night totally exhausted but buzzin. i said it before and i say it again we have a very lucky manager . we played better other years and never got luck. This year we pushed our luck to the limit and came out on top. this was very important for our year bringing trough so many young lads but we had also a nice mix with some very steady older players involved. Our goal for next year has to be not to be relegated. if we can stay in 2a for a year or 2 then we can push to go further. it would be great to play in mcDonagh cup in the next few years and i think we could. Target for next year is to finish league and not be in the relegation that wont be easy but i think we might do it.

hurlingnut (Wicklow) - Posts: 204 - 11/03/2019 17:05:15    2171687

Link

well done to all the lads yesterday. wicklow are playing very well in the hurling at the moment.

lor12 (Wicklow) - Posts: 104 - 12/03/2019 00:31:07    2171782

Link

Replying To hurlingnut:  "Well done to our lads yesterday in monaghan against Derry got home very late last night totally exhausted but buzzin. i said it before and i say it again we have a very lucky manager . we played better other years and never got luck. This year we pushed our luck to the limit and came out on top. this was very important for our year bringing trough so many young lads but we had also a nice mix with some very steady older players involved. Our goal for next year has to be not to be relegated. if we can stay in 2a for a year or 2 then we can push to go further. it would be great to play in mcDonagh cup in the next few years and i think we could. Target for next year is to finish league and not be in the relegation that wont be easy but i think we might do it."
I think 2A next year will be:

Offaly
Antrim
Kerry
Meath
Wicklow
Mayo

I'm guessing we'll need to perform better than Meath and Mayo to avoid the relegation playoff. Certainly possible.

liam500 (Wicklow) - Posts: 84 - 12/03/2019 16:29:26    2171889

Link

Just at first glance at those counties in 2a, we will drastically need to step up our scoring capabilities. Staying up will be a tall order but not impossible. Hopefully some new talent might emerge during the year. But, having said that, congrats to the lads on achieving promotion.

Freethinker (Wicklow) - Posts: 76 - 12/03/2019 19:29:50    2171929

Link

I agree about our needing to score more.s big pronlem i see is that wd need to get most of our scores from close in.andy is not as fast as he was so scores from him will not be at the level as past times.i expect some of the older members of the panel will retire after the Christy ring. That is our next challenge which will be difficult and despite us getting to 2 finals a few years back we have not got back to croke park again. Anyway the 2a league is next year so hopefully young lads will have matured more and I would always hope that we can get at least 2 wins if not more.

hurlingnut (Wicklow) - Posts: 204 - 14/03/2019 21:52:52    2172290

Link