Wicklow Forum

WICKLOW HURLING 2018

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Wicklow really are the most underwhelming gaa county in both codes. Disappointing to see.

[email protected] (Galway) - Posts: 15 - 18/01/2019 18:11:36    2158066

Link

I heard there not committing this year as they didn't want to do the tough slog before Christmas as wanted to come back when it suited them, Fair play to the new Manager and his team for stamping down there rules and sticking by them, he's giving youth a chance also which is encouraging.

brollyboy (Wicklow) - Posts: 116 - 20/01/2019 07:20:23    2158339

Link

Fear of burnout cant be an issue with these absentees considering the small number of games played by our hurlers at both club and county level each year. I would have expected a rush of enthuaism by all the panel with the appointment of a new manager and the prospect of real progress and the chance of developing the squad in a grouping of stronger teams. As usual we shoot ourselves in the foot before any competition begins and then we wonder why we cant make progress . As usual management get all the flack when the real problem lies elsewhere. Frustration doesnt even remotely describe the situation.

Optimisticobserver (Wicklow) - Posts: 3 - 21/01/2019 10:30:07    2158586

Link

Replying To Optimisticobserver:  "Fear of burnout cant be an issue with these absentees considering the small number of games played by our hurlers at both club and county level each year. I would have expected a rush of enthuaism by all the panel with the appointment of a new manager and the prospect of real progress and the chance of developing the squad in a grouping of stronger teams. As usual we shoot ourselves in the foot before any competition begins and then we wonder why we cant make progress . As usual management get all the flack when the real problem lies elsewhere. Frustration doesnt even remotely describe the situation."
I would agree the the general thrust of the above posts, although I'm not sure that anybody is pointing the finger at management in this case. As I said previously, the thing about the boycott is very possibly only a rumour and it's possible the other explanation is more plausible. If that were the case then it's down to players not being prepared to or not buying into the new regime for whatever reason. That is down to personal choice and there is not much management can do about it. Tragic but true. Like it was said, at least young players are getting a chance to mature. The process of improving our standards may take a little longer but I would have belief in the new manager that he can lead us to a stronger position and Ballinakill seems to be improving the standards in our young hurlers as well as our footballers.

Freethinker (Wicklow) - Posts: 53 - 21/01/2019 22:50:28    2158794

Link