National Forum

Moorefield v St Loman's

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To CastleBravo:  "Are you saying that Leinster council should somehow have known 2 weeks in advance that Portlaoise would have snow and Navan wouldn't?"
Also were people supposed to go out on dangerous roads in Westmeath ( dunno what Kildare was like weather wise?) in order to get to Navan.

Jack_Sparrow (Westmeath) - 11/12/2017 20:14:57    2064893

Link

Replying To Ibbecek:  "The second best (after Croker) playing pitch in Leinster lying idle today. Field of green (not white).
Pairc Tailteann nearer to both Newbridge and Mullingar. Meath matches going ahead no problem."
Navan being playable was irrelevant, why would you make players, players families, and club supporters travel from Mullingar and surrounding areas which was under a blanket of snow. The right call was made, if someone was killed in an accident on what is already a dangerous road from Mullingar to Kells, would it have been worth it?? The bigger question is why the Leinster championship couldn't be over by the last week of November.

Chops (Westmeath) - 12/12/2017 10:02:40    2064916

Link

Replying To gaelicgab:  "I think Moorefield came out of the harder side of the draw having beaten Portlaoise away and Rathnew away while St Loman's were impressive when beating Mullinalaghta and Simonstown after trailing by considerable margins on both occasions. I will go for Moorefield by one in a low scoring game."
I am going to stick with my prediction. Looking forward to a good game and the snow stays away.

gaelicgab (USA) - 15/12/2017 13:56:18    2065253

Link