Westmeath Forum

Junior Football Championship

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Boarderboy:  "Plenty of chat about here about the Senior and Intermediate Football Championship so I said I'd try and give the Junior clubs a chance.........
Its obviously between Kilbeggan and Ball but any dark horses that could cause an upset? What are the bigger clubs second teams like? Could one of them cause an upset?"
None of the second teams will trouble the top junior teams. Group's 3 & 4 have become a joke with the amount of walkovers. Teams entered knowing full well they'd have no numbers once their first team played a couple of rounds. Any club that gave a walkover (think there have been 4 so far) should be blocked from entering next year, and just merge the two groups with the teams that remain.

jamsie (Westmeath) - Posts: 210 - 09/08/2018 13:56:15    2131218

Link

Replying To Boarderboy:  "Plenty of chat about here about the Senior and Intermediate Football Championship so I said I'd try and give the Junior clubs a chance.........
Its obviously between Kilbeggan and Ball but any dark horses that could cause an upset? What are the bigger clubs second teams like? Could one of them cause an upset?"
Just looking at tables, Lomans, Downs or Shamrocks will top their group.
Looking like Rosemount or Athlone from the other group.
You'd imagine based on recent underage successes that The Downs and Athlone should have strong panels - I believe both fielded 3 league teams. Not sure if they would be good enough to win out the JFC though.
Lomans and Shamrocks would have plenty of players too but possibly more lost to the SFC.

BigSur (Westmeath) - Posts: 564 - 09/08/2018 14:25:44    2131224

Link