Donegal Forum

Padar Mogan

(Oldest Posts First)

Lads hearing great reports about Padar Mogan..he scored 1-6 for Letterkenny IT in Sigerson there. Has anybody seen him in the flesh recently

RoryGall35 (Donegal) - Posts: 72 - 14/01/2020 18:52:15    2259779

Link

Yea seen him a few times this year. I think out of all the newcomers this lad has the most potential. One thing I like about him is his versatility he can play in defence and attack. Wundt surprise me come champ ship to see him playing regulary in our forward line. Really excited by this young Conor o donnell from carndonagh too such a pity he done cruciate last summer if he gets back to where he was at this lad has everything.

rorysboys (Donegal) - Posts: 742 - 14/01/2020 19:52:17    2259798

Link

Replying To RoryGall35:  "Lads hearing great reports about Padar Mogan..he scored 1-6 for Letterkenny IT in Sigerson there. Has anybody seen him in the flesh recently"
Saw him in the recent McKenna cup game against Monaghan and I was really impressed. It is no great surprise he has made such an impression with the senior team as he was a brilliant underage player. He can play anywhere, played in the backline for the minors a couple of years ago and has played in the full forward line as well as sweeper. Hopefully he will start against Mayo.

Green_Gold (Donegal) - Posts: 1605 - 14/01/2020 20:18:01    2259803

Link

I was at the Sigerson game and was very impressed with him. Now Athlone were not great but he was still excellent, could have had a hat trick but one he did get was laser like into the corner. I think the run with the club has done him wonders. As pointed out no surprise really anytime I seen him at underage. Shame about Conor O'Donnell alright Rorys the under twenties down him and Gallen. Could have been some forward line along with Aaron Doherty.

panamasam (Australia) - Posts: 2260 - 14/01/2020 21:28:19    2259819

Link

Replying To panamasam:  "I was at the Sigerson game and was very impressed with him. Now Athlone were not great but he was still excellent, could have had a hat trick but one he did get was laser like into the corner. I think the run with the club has done him wonders. As pointed out no surprise really anytime I seen him at underage. Shame about Conor O'Donnell alright Rorys the under twenties down him and Gallen. Could have been some forward line along with Aaron Doherty."
Yea we would be hard to beat in ulster if we had all three. The only thing I would be worried about as regards senior is that a lot of our players are on the small side. If Mogan and Aaron Doherty come in this year how many small players can u really play. They say height doesn't matter but I think it does if you carry too many small players opposing team will work on it especially with kick outs.. one question Panamasam is how did young lynch do in goals are his kick outs good

rorysboys (Donegal) - Posts: 742 - 14/01/2020 21:49:19    2259824

Link

Replying To rorysboys:  "Yea we would be hard to beat in ulster if we had all three. The only thing I would be worried about as regards senior is that a lot of our players are on the small side. If Mogan and Aaron Doherty come in this year how many small players can u really play. They say height doesn't matter but I think it does if you carry too many small players opposing team will work on it especially with kick outs.. one question Panamasam is how did young lynch do in goals are his kick outs good"
I think there are plenty of tall lads to balance out the height differences Rorys. One of Mogan's best qualities is his ability to win breaking ball. He has got a low centre of gravity but is very strong. I see Michael Lynch was listed in goal for LYIT but I could have swore the keeper was from outside the county possibly Mayo. Now I stand to be corrected but the keeper had the nickname 'farmer'. His kickouts were pretty good but got caught out for the first goal as would not be the tallest of lads.

panamasam (Australia) - Posts: 2260 - 14/01/2020 22:30:44    2259838

Link

Replying To panamasam:  "I think there are plenty of tall lads to balance out the height differences Rorys. One of Mogan's best qualities is his ability to win breaking ball. He has got a low centre of gravity but is very strong. I see Michael Lynch was listed in goal for LYIT but I could have swore the keeper was from outside the county possibly Mayo. Now I stand to be corrected but the keeper had the nickname 'farmer'. His kickouts were pretty good but got caught out for the first goal as would not be the tallest of lads."
Yep Farmer is Micheal Lynch from Naomh Colmcille.

Lockjaw (Donegal) - Posts: 6650 - 15/01/2020 10:19:40    2259917

Link

Replying To Lockjaw:  "Yep Farmer is Micheal Lynch from Naomh Colmcille."
Thanks Lock it was him so. Apologies for the confusion. Could have swore a non Donegal accent but probably mistaken for one of the AIT players. Anyways to reiterate generally good on his kickouts usually found one of his own players unlike the opposing keeper. Came for a high ball but failed to get it which AIT got their first goal from.

panamasam (Australia) - Posts: 2260 - 15/01/2020 11:02:04    2259933

Link

Watched Lynch versus Derry and his kickouts were good. Short ones too. Looked calm.

Don't think Aaron Doherty will play senior this year unfort..He's a real talent although not the same physicality as Mogan.

Mogan is a real talent..built up the last year. Finding a position for him might be the one. Corner back could be the one..Watched him there for the 20s and he bombed on a lot from there. He can break out of defence easily. He's a runner, so he can play anywhere.

TheRock2121 (Donegal) - Posts: 429 - 15/01/2020 11:56:08    2259950

Link

Replying To TheRock2121:  "Watched Lynch versus Derry and his kickouts were good. Short ones too. Looked calm.

Don't think Aaron Doherty will play senior this year unfort..He's a real talent although not the same physicality as Mogan.

Mogan is a real talent..built up the last year. Finding a position for him might be the one. Corner back could be the one..Watched him there for the 20s and he bombed on a lot from there. He can break out of defence easily. He's a runner, so he can play anywhere."
Yeah one of Mogan's best qualities is his versatility. Played centre half forward for LYIT but seen him play every line bar midfield. Doherty will be training with the seniors but best staying with the under twenties allowing him to develop. Donegal have had enough warning with young players getting injured when probably asked to step up too soon. Just look at the under twenties down Gallen and O'Donnell 2 of the best under twenties in Ireland.

panamasam (Australia) - Posts: 2260 - 15/01/2020 12:54:08    2259964

Link

kevin mcbrearty was outstanding in IT Sligo's shock win over a star studded UL, Timmy Govorov and Andrew McLean also impressed.

totalrecall (Leitrim) - Posts: 486 - 16/01/2020 10:16:39    2260144

Link