Donegal Forum

Donegal 2019/20

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To totalrecall:  "Love the optimism, why can't any of the young lads make an impact??? Fallen and McFadden Ferry weren't too shabby last year when called upon with very little game time!"
It's the truth. Those called up are nowhere near the levels of Mc Fadden Ferry and gallan who I was praising before them even made their county debuts. Or near the crop of Langan, ban and niall and co. Not yet anyway.

Would love to be wrong.

It's how Langan ban Niall and Jason and co develop is the key one. Can they improve even further?? Which would be exciting

I'd add peadear Mogan in my list of 2 also.

TheRock2121 (Donegal) - Posts: 429 - 02/01/2020 23:58:58    2257019

Link

Hope I'm wrong!

TheRock2121 (Donegal) - Posts: 429 - 02/01/2020 23:59:15    2257020

Link

Replying To TheRock2121:  "Hope I'm wrong!"
Paddy Dolan definitely one I think can make a mark. Very athletic and strong with plenty of pace and can play in a variety of positions. He was hugely influential for the under twenties second half fight back against Fermanagh last year until a silly second booking ended his game and ultimately the teams involvement in the competition. Ethan O'Donnell certainly another who can make a mark. Injuries has stemmed his progress but he was always a very impressive underage player. He had a big club championship and was again excellent in the Ulster final.

panamasam (Australia) - Posts: 2260 - 03/01/2020 18:01:45    2257150

Link

Replying To panamasam:  "Out for 3 months with shoulder injury. Probably won't see much league game time."
No I heard he was going to Australia, he looks the real deal the bit Iv seen of him.

Johnnyprophet (Galway) - Posts: 14 - 08/01/2020 22:31:31    2258300

Link

Replying To Johnnyprophet:  "No I heard he was going to Australia, he looks the real deal the bit Iv seen of him."
He was in Australia alright for a couple of weeks. But as far as I know he took advantage of the opportunity and the experience but will be staying with Donegal. He is definitely injured with a shoulder injury meaning he most likely won't see much league time. Big blow for the county U-20's who have also lost Conor O'Donnell from Carndonagh with a cruciate sustained training with the seniors during the summer.

panamasam (Australia) - Posts: 2260 - 08/01/2020 23:51:52    2258318

Link

it looks like there will be no paddy mcb this year, heard this back in october at the county final, now announced he will miss the league

totalrecall (Leitrim) - Posts: 486 - 10/01/2020 15:41:10    2258755

Link

Replying To totalrecall:  "it looks like there will be no paddy mcb this year, heard this back in october at the county final, now announced he will miss the league"
I would be very surprised if we don't see Paddy McB in Donegal colours this year. Fairly widely known he was going to miss alot of the league esp the early stages. So not exactly an expose.

panamasam (Australia) - Posts: 2260 - 10/01/2020 17:52:33    2258783

Link

Got to the LYIT and AIT Sigerson game yesterday as Athlone not too far from where I am based. Pretty good conditions for a game even though it was bitter. Entertaining enough game where Letterkenny were much the superior side but leaky at the back which kept AIT in it through some goals. The main difference between the sides were the county lads Langan and Mogan. Also Christian Bonner got some nice scores and played well. Paddy Dolan also had a decent outing. His first score where he cut in from the right half forward side to kick over with his left was a moment of real quality. There were spells where I would have liked to see him more involved but he is a young player with bundles of potential. Quick, strong and athletic all the things you would want in a young player. In the mould of the 2 young lads to make the breakthrough with Mayo last year, McDonagh and Carr. Michael Langan really bossed the middle third. He had a good read on the AIT keepers kickouts and if not winning clean ball was breaking it for others. Definitely starting to fill out his frame and looks a more powerful player. Mogan was MOTM. Got through loads of work up and down the field, strong in the tackle and got some great scores including the goal which he fairly rifled home. Should have had more than one goal as hit one straight at the keeper and passed when he opening was there for him to take. He has really developed over the last 12 months and think he is now ready for the senior side. He has really filled out and obviously put alot of work into his strength and conditioning.

panamasam (Australia) - Posts: 2260 - 13/01/2020 20:37:24    2259527

Link

How ye lads, just a quick question. Planning on heading up for the game between Mayo and ye, where would the best place to park be?

MarkRule (Mayo) - Posts: 40 - 13/01/2020 22:16:58    2259568

Link

Replying To MarkRule:  "How ye lads, just a quick question. Planning on heading up for the game between Mayo and ye, where would the best place to park be?"
You are probably best parking just outside the town and then walk. When coming into Ballybofey there are a couple of petrol stations on your right park anywhere around there and you won't have much of a delay heading back to Mayo. The pitch is only around 5-10 mins walk from there.

panamasam (Australia) - Posts: 2260 - 14/01/2020 00:34:36    2259595

Link

Replying To MarkRule:  "How ye lads, just a quick question. Planning on heading up for the game between Mayo and ye, where would the best place to park be?"
About 4 miles out of town along the main road.

Sorry, that's Castlebar :-)

From that side, anywhere around Lidl would be good if your in good time.

SouthOfTheGap (Donegal) - Posts: 128 - 14/01/2020 01:24:12    2259598

Link