Donegal Forum

Senior Hurling Championship 2019

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

With regard to the game itself, Setanta just got goals at the right time and were able to keep Eunan's at arms length for the second half. While the game was entertaining it lacked real quality which was surprising considering some of the players on show. Both clubs will now go on to play in Ulster, with Setanta competing in the intermediate and Eunan's in the Junior. It's hard to see either side progressing far based on Saturday. As for the referee, I thought he had a great game albeit there were no tough decisions to be made really.

sportinghills (Donegal) - Posts: 6 - 03/09/2019 17:58:18    2232497

Link

Replying To sportinghills:  "With regard to the game itself, Setanta just got goals at the right time and were able to keep Eunan's at arms length for the second half. While the game was entertaining it lacked real quality which was surprising considering some of the players on show. Both clubs will now go on to play in Ulster, with Setanta competing in the intermediate and Eunan's in the Junior. It's hard to see either side progressing far based on Saturday. As for the referee, I thought he had a great game albeit there were no tough decisions to be made really."
Setanta won't go far. Eunans not too sure, really depends who comes out of Antrim and Derry and how they approach it. I think Antrim junior will be Gort na Móna, Derry will be either Swa or Coleraine. Antrim intermediate will be St Endas, Derry be Banagher I'd say.

christy sting (Derry) - Posts: 248 - 03/09/2019 19:18:11    2232523

Link

2019 Ulster GAA Hurling Junior Club Championship Quarter Final
Letterkenny 12:45 PM
Naomh Ádhamhnáin v Gort na Móna CLG

2019 Ulster GAA Hurling Intermediate Club Championship Quarter Final
Letterkenny 2:30 PM
Setanta v Céide Lámh Dhearg

2 big Hurling games in Ulster this weekend for Donegal clubs.
Can see Eunans getting through their game v Gorts.
Setanta beat Gorts easily 2 years ago and this years Setanta team is far stronger and Eunans are within a puc of the ball of them.
With Eunans out of the football it shud allow their dual players to fully commit to the hurling so if they can get thru this weekend they cud give ulster a serious rattle.

I feel we will struggle with the intensity Keady will bring on Sunday. The step up from junior to intermediate is massive and Keady were very close to winning intermediate last year v St Galls.
If nothing else it will be a learning experience for our lads and let them know where they need to be to compete at this level.
The gap from the county final to first round of Ulster (6 weeks) isn't ideal and it was hard to get challenge games as last few weeks. It would do no harm to put the Hurling final back to Mid September next year, although that brings other issues with clashes with football.

crossroadshurler (Donegal) - Posts: 2 - 10/10/2019 09:52:53    2242505

Link

Replying To crossroadshurler:  "2019 Ulster GAA Hurling Junior Club Championship Quarter Final
Letterkenny 12:45 PM
Naomh Ádhamhnáin v Gort na Móna CLG

2019 Ulster GAA Hurling Intermediate Club Championship Quarter Final
Letterkenny 2:30 PM
Setanta v Céide Lámh Dhearg

2 big Hurling games in Ulster this weekend for Donegal clubs.
Can see Eunans getting through their game v Gorts.
Setanta beat Gorts easily 2 years ago and this years Setanta team is far stronger and Eunans are within a puc of the ball of them.
With Eunans out of the football it shud allow their dual players to fully commit to the hurling so if they can get thru this weekend they cud give ulster a serious rattle.

I feel we will struggle with the intensity Keady will bring on Sunday. The step up from junior to intermediate is massive and Keady were very close to winning intermediate last year v St Galls.
If nothing else it will be a learning experience for our lads and let them know where they need to be to compete at this level.
The gap from the county final to first round of Ulster (6 weeks) isn't ideal and it was hard to get challenge games as last few weeks. It would do no harm to put the Hurling final back to Mid September next year, although that brings other issues with clashes with football."
Hard to beat a team that have been playing together all their days. That and the physicality of Keady proved too much. No odds about junior as Coleraine eill win that at a canter

christy sting (Derry) - Posts: 248 - 14/10/2019 10:02:20    2243302

Link