Donegal Forum

Who Is Aaron Kyles?

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Captained his club to a double relegation this year

Montecarlo19 (Donegal) - Posts: 1 - 28/12/2019 02:15:40    2256289

Link

Stop the hate. A Tyrone poster no doubt.

TheRock2121 (Donegal) - Posts: 429 - 28/12/2019 17:33:17    2256330

Link

Too many young Donegal players getting bad injuries , something needs to be done about S & C coaching .

culmore (None) - Posts: 1392 - 28/12/2019 20:05:36    2256341

Link

Injuries are part and parcel of the game. Wundt be blaming s&c coach for these injuries. There's a lot of strengthening done to prevent injuries but they do happen. Just look at the soccer players cross channel and there's quite a few cruciate injuries and long term injuries happening to a lot of the players too. Even though they are professionals and are so well looked after.

rorysboys (Donegal) - Posts: 742 - 29/12/2019 10:46:20    2256384

Link

Replying To Montecarlo19:  "Captained his club to a double relegation this year"
Classy first post.

AudiMan (Donegal) - Posts: 420 - 29/12/2019 13:41:25    2256405

Link

Replying To Montecarlo19:  "Captained his club to a double relegation this year"
Who did?

Lockjaw (Donegal) - Posts: 6650 - 30/12/2019 09:06:57    2256485

Link

Replying To rorysboys:  "Injuries are part and parcel of the game. Wundt be blaming s&c coach for these injuries. There's a lot of strengthening done to prevent injuries but they do happen. Just look at the soccer players cross channel and there's quite a few cruciate injuries and long term injuries happening to a lot of the players too. Even though they are professionals and are so well looked after."
Ha yeah you'd swear the way some men are chatting that good S&C makes a player bullet proof!
Obviously it's needed to cope with the physical demands of the game and injury prevention is a key facet of it as well. But let's not kid ourselves here either - you're talking about young bulls of men charging about at high speeds and big impact collisions. Injuries can and will happen irrespective of who is doing the S&C.

Lockjaw (Donegal) - Posts: 6650 - 30/12/2019 09:34:37    2256490

Link

Replying To culmore:  "Too many young Donegal players getting bad injuries , something needs to be done about S & C coaching ."
The common theme? All exposed to senior very young. I keep saying it lets players play in their grade unless a physical phenom like MM or Clifford.

panamasam (Australia) - Posts: 2260 - 30/12/2019 22:29:17    2256584

Link

Replying To panamasam:  "The common theme? All exposed to senior very young. I keep saying it lets players play in their grade unless a physical phenom like MM or Clifford."
Definitely. Strength and conditioning in conjunction with patience and time would reduce a lot of injuries to young players.

Any of you going to the game tomorrow? I forgot to get the Donegal News yesterday to read Declan Bonner's column. So I have no idea what kind of team will line out. Obviously it will be very experimental and interesting to see some new faces.

Lockjaw (Donegal) - Posts: 6650 - 04/01/2020 09:06:27    2257238

Link

Replying To Lockjaw:  "Definitely. Strength and conditioning in conjunction with patience and time would reduce a lot of injuries to young players.

Any of you going to the game tomorrow? I forgot to get the Donegal News yesterday to read Declan Bonner's column. So I have no idea what kind of team will line out. Obviously it will be very experimental and interesting to see some new faces."
No not going and probably not going to get to alot of games in the early part of the year this as likely to be out of the country for best part of 2 months. Including unfortunately the under twenties as always keen to see the talent coming through. Much like the senior team they have crucial injuries at the wrong time. Aaron Doherty is back which is a positive but in Conor O'Donnell (carn) and Oisin Gallen you are down 2 lads who are probably among the top talents in the country nevermind Ulster. Really disappointing for the county as with those 3 in the same forward line it is easy to see why this side were probably the all Ireland winners toughest opponents at under 17. On the strength and conditioning gym culture is now prevalent. I remember when playing sports in my youth strength and conditioning up to 16 or 17 was all body weight stuff. The gym work came in from 17/18 onwards when then we were encouraged to allow physical development take its natural course as using weights too young can leave lasting negative effects......much to be said for that.

panamasam (Australia) - Posts: 2260 - 04/01/2020 16:17:59    2257314

Link

anyone at the under 20 game yesterday to give a fair assessment of the game. Just see C McHugh a very good back picked at corner forward , is that a sign of more defensive football by management , underage players should be let play the game and enjoy it.

culmore (None) - Posts: 1392 - 05/01/2020 12:23:28    2257480

Link

Replying To culmore:  "anyone at the under 20 game yesterday to give a fair assessment of the game. Just see C McHugh a very good back picked at corner forward , is that a sign of more defensive football by management , underage players should be let play the game and enjoy it."
Unfortunately not but from what I read Donegal were the better team but conceded sloppy goals. Any report I read highlighted the performance of Aaron Doherty. Not seen much of this lad but appears Donegal have another gem on their hands. As I already said just a shame himself, Gallen and Conor O'Donnell won't get to all play together at the grade for the second year running. While senior success is always the priority Donegal have been well served by their relative success of various underage teams. Much more so than some counties who won underage All Ireland's.

panamasam (Australia) - Posts: 2260 - 05/01/2020 16:06:04    2257537

Link