Derry Forum

Kildare V Derry

(Oldest Posts First)

Well lads McGeeney has gone with the same team that played Meath last week. What do you think the game will be like Sunday in Newbridge? Can see from your forum that there is a lot of injury worry. We seemed to have a lot of that last year so we are hoping for a fairly good injury free year this year. What team do you think will be fielded against the Lillies? This is the first league game at home for Kildare in a while so were hoping that it will be a good game for us. Looking forward to the game its usually a good old battle between theses two sides when we meet.

Welcome to Newbridge Sunday.

Cill Dara Abu.

lillymadfan (Kildare) - Posts: 1085 - 09/03/2012 12:44:55    1125839

Link

well you have dumped us out of the championship three years in a row i think, with just one win for us last year down in Newbridge, and if I'm being honest I'm not expecting much this weekend from Derry looks like we are aiming just to just up in the division this year which means targeting our last two games against Louth and Westmeath hoping 6points will keep us up. I think Tyrone are dead certs to go up with one place up for grabs and with a win on sunday the lily whites can stake a claim for second spot. My guess the oakleafers will line up something like this

1.Barry Gillis
2.Brian McCallion
3.Chrissy McKaigue
4.Aidan McAlynn
5.Mark Craig
6.Charlie Kielt
7.S.L.McGoldrick
8.Michael Friel
9.PJ McCloskey
10.Neil Forrester
11.Cailean O'Boyle
12.B.McGoldrick
13.Enda Lynn
14.Paddy Bradley
15.Conleith Gilligan

brolly_4_pres (Derry) - Posts: 356 - 09/03/2012 13:12:13    1125861

Link

We won in newbridge last year you beat us in hq comfortably i expect us to play better than we did in omagh but might come up short need goals 2 win this game kildare by 3-4pts

93vintageyear (Derry) - Posts: 301 - 09/03/2012 18:24:55    1126105

Link

brolly
gillis before devlin is devlin injured???

dubbydave. (Dublin) - Posts: 3927 - 09/03/2012 19:05:22    1126129

Link

Giving all the injuries and the way the lillie,s played last week it looks a tough task ahead. As the above poster said goals will be definetely needed. Kildare will look to get off to a good strong start and its vital yous stay with them for as long as you can to try and frustrate them. One thing is yous cannot afford to let kildare into there stride because they will punish you,s...

DUB1 (Dublin) - Posts: 5583 - 09/03/2012 19:50:40    1126161

Link

well lads the goals came today on both sides great game we in kildare really enjoyed the return of Dermot Earley and a great point he got at the end assisted by a very unselfish Johnny Doyle. good luck with the rest of the campaign lads

lillymadfan (Kildare) - Posts: 1085 - 11/03/2012 16:12:05    1126768

Link

Great game lads, good luck for the rest of the league!

mikeyk16 (Kildare) - Posts: 171 - 11/03/2012 16:25:57    1126784

Link

Good competitive game today. Very dissapointed to lose but there are potitives and negatives to take.

Last time I seen us was against tyrone and we have come on alot since that day. Full back line were tight and thought they were hard done by for the penalty (It was yer man higgins reffin again, who was bad for both teams). To be honest I didnt see any foul.

Dissapointed that we couldnt push on when we brought it back to a point from being seven down after the penalty. Kildare couldnt handle Caolan O'Boyle when he came on. For those who wern't there, with five minutes to go there was only a point in it, after some patient work it came to Bradley who didnt show the same patience, he snapped a shot which was blocked, Kildare countered quickly and the ball ended up in the back of our net.

McCloskey and Friel were very good. Sean Leo had a good game, Bradley played well in parts as did Gilligan and Lynn. Its beginning to come together. No rela poor performances, just a few things still to work on and of course men to come back in.

The difference on the day was Johnny Doyle. He too a few great points from out far, and we had no one to do that today. we missed Lynch who might have been worth a couple of points from there actually.

Meath next week, and I think we can look forward to a good game.

Derry_ledd (Derry) - Posts: 2093 - 11/03/2012 20:54:03    1127114

Link

Derry_ledd
County: Derry

Good competitive game today. Very dissapointed to lose but there are potitives and negatives to take.

Last time I seen us was against tyrone and we have come on alot since that day. Full back line were tight and thought they were hard done by for the penalty (It was yer man higgins reffin again, who was bad for both teams). To be honest I didnt see any foul.

Dissapointed that we couldnt push on when we brought it back to a point from being seven down after the penalty. Kildare couldnt handle Caolan O'Boyle when he came on. For those who wern't there, with five minutes to go there was only a point in it, after some patient work it came to Bradley who didnt show the same patience, he snapped a shot which was blocked, Kildare countered quickly and the ball ended up in the back of our net.

McCloskey and Friel were very good. Sean Leo had a good game, Bradley played well in parts as did Gilligan and Lynn. Its beginning to come together. No rela poor performances, just a few things still to work on and of course men to come back in.

The difference on the day was Johnny Doyle. He too a few great points from out far, and we had no one to do that today. we missed Lynch who might have been worth a couple of points from there actually.

Meath next week, and I think we can look forward to a good game.

I was not at the game, your a true oakleafer derry_ledd for heading down to newbridge thanks for the info, i hear derry won all the ball round the middle glad we put in a good performance, next 3 games are crunch ties.

brolly_4_pres (Derry) - Posts: 356 - 11/03/2012 21:20:15    1127168

Link

The team seemed to put in a good effort yesterday by all accounts wasnt at newbridge we have 3 games left to get 4pts,brennan wasnt happy with ref higgins must have been some dubious decisions sure thats the norm anyway,roll on navan we have chance against meath who wouldnt be as strong as kildare to get much needed points on board.

93vintageyear (Derry) - Posts: 301 - 12/03/2012 11:39:08    1127389

Link

eh ur gonna be leaving navan empty handed!!!

sob (Meath) - Posts: 492 - 13/03/2012 08:27:53    1128222

Link