Sligo Forum

Popular Posts from ChasingShadows

Click on the subject to bring you to the county where the message was originally posted 

Sligo JFC 2006 Winners - 2 Like(s)

Replying To fb:  "I can completely agree..I think 8 teams in each champo is a no brainer...you'd have 3 very competitive championships and young lads no matter what clubs they are with would be playing a decent standard. Also think relegation in champo should be scrapped and you play in whatever one that corresponds with your league status . you could maybe bring in an exemption if a team did get relegated in the league and then won the champo the same year , little chance of thus happening tho."
Yeah it would make for better standard of championships across the board if they trimmed them back to 8 each, with the rest in Junior B, which would be improved too as more reliable second teams would be competing in it then. The Junior A as it is is weak enough except for the fact that Easkey couldn't arrest their slide, but unless Collooney can stop them they'll bounce back up. But the hammerings that those two teams dished out in their Junior groups are like what was happening a few years ago in Intermediate before the numbers were cut, so change will be needed to get that grade to bemore competitive, even if it is far better than what it used to be ten years ago. If you had an 8-8-8 arrangement this year we could have lined up like this: Senior - Tourlestrane, Mary's, Tubbercurry, Harps, Mullinabreena, Coolera, Calry, Molaise. Intermediate - Curry, Drumcliffe, John's, Farnan's, Geevagh, Shamrock Gaels, Castleconnor, Bunninadden. Junior A - Enniscrone, Pat's, Michael's, Easkey, Ballymote, Tourlestrane, Owenmore Gaels, Cloonacool. Junior B- Curry, Harps, Mary's and the rest in it this year. Would make for far better competition in my view.

ChasingShadows (Sligo) - 12/09/2018 12:11:24

Sligo 2019 - 2 Like(s)

Replying To NewSligofan:  "Team for Sunday 1. Kilgannon 2. Gordon (Curry) 3. Laffey 4. Gordon (Easkey) 5. McNamara 6. McIntyre 7. Cummins 8. Kilcoyne 9. O'Kelly Lynch 10. Cawley 11. O'Connor 12. Carrabine 13. Marren 14. Murphy"
Think we're up against it enough as it is without starting with only 14 players!

ChasingShadows (Sligo) - 13/05/2019 16:23:08

Under 20'S - 1 Like(s)

Replying To Maggiepie:  "And then we wonder why a Galway team in 1st gear beat us by 13 points. Everything you say in your post points to the fact that the organization of games within our County is a shambles . The gulf in class between Sligo and Galway was laid bare last Sunday and only the best type of coaching will close this. We have the Centre, let's put it to good use."
You'd certainly think we'd get used to how to deal best with playing with or against the wind from being in Scarden if nothing else.

ChasingShadows (Sligo) - 21/05/2019 14:17:54

Sligo 2019 - 1 Like(s)

Replying To MourneRising:  "Down always bring a few hundred diehards, although the weather might reduce the numbers. Presumably there will be parking available on the main road back to Sligo ?"
They're allowing parking on the N17 road (to Galway) anyway, not sure about the N4.

ChasingShadows (Sligo) - 31/01/2019 09:36:16

Galway V Sligo - Salthill June 3Rd - 1 Like(s)

Replying To Sligonian:  "Pointman -Your a negative pessimist not a realist, I believe in whats possible so I had a far idea we could get hammered too but will always be willing to back the Players publicly before the match and try and see a way we could win. Opinions aren't facts either but i feel its best to be as positive as you can before matches as a supporter.

How is it an obsession with FOD, he interviewed for the job but Corey beat him because the guys making decisions in Sligo football shouldn't within a million miles of the CB, do you honestly think that looks sane now and even then with both their previous CVs? So what if Roscommon people were torn, not everyone is happy with Managers of any team, that was a lot to do with club rivalry. He still won a minor All Ireland and Connacht senior with teams who overachieved.

To what extent are any of ye the barometer of opinion in Sligo football as a supporter or Coach? What have yee done? What has your horse manure friend done and newSligofan?

Who's your local candidates Pointman then and why?
Were yee at the Galway game, give us your tactical nous and knowledge review? Ye hardly went to see us lose by 21pts?

Carew and Corey were always going to fail miserably, they had never managed at intercounty level. That's the key rather than if there inside or outside choices. Carew had earned it more I will say as a selector.

Look forward to yere answers"
Carew had managed Waterford for two years before landing in Sligo fwiw.

ChasingShadows (Sligo) - 15/06/2018 10:09:57