Meath Forum

Meath v Kildare Semi-final

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To lilywhite1:  "bobkarglees, I agree if some Kildare supporters think that they will be in for a shock. However I think that the majority of Kildare supporters are well aware that the League encounter will count for nothing come Saturday night. Meath were very close to being promoted along with Kildare, having finished very strongly in Division 2. Allied to an impressive scoring rate against Louth I feel that it's going to be a very close tussle. Echo's of 20 years ago maybe? Wouldn't at all surprise me if this game is a draw. Looking forward nervously to Saturday night. Hopefully whoever wins will give the Dubs (more than likely) a right rattle.
The Leinster Championship obviously, and the All-Ireland Championship is all the better with a competing Kildare and Meath."
At last a sensible and level headed Kildare supporter. WIsh you all the best on Saturday lilywhite hope it's a cracker. Hope the winner will overturn the Dubs and return a sense of competition in Leinster.

Jimin10 (Meath) - Posts: 783 - 14/06/2017 18:09:21    1999687

Link

RoyalDunne 'Kildare are not a bad team and will probably be a harder task than Louth' - you have completely changed your tune. Only 10 days ago you said Meath would comfortably beat Kildare and they hold no fears for you at all. Why have you changed your opinion so drastically all of a sudden?

RoylerKing (Meath) - Posts: 809 - 14/06/2017 18:25:19    1999692

Link

Replying To RoylerKing:  "RoyalDunne 'Kildare are not a bad team and will probably be a harder task than Louth' - you have completely changed your tune. Only 10 days ago you said Meath would comfortably beat Kildare and they hold no fears for you at all. Why have you changed your opinion so drastically all of a sudden?"
Louth were not as difficult as I expected, I said that prior to game with Louth. But they disappointed me with their openness at back. On that basis I hope Kildare are better equipped (perhaps ultra defensive) I dont know , but better to test our forwards, doesn't mean we wont win, but its not good preparation for dubs not to face some opposition, and ask some questions.

royaldunne (Meath) - Posts: 19449 - 14/06/2017 19:19:55    1999706

Link

Replying To royaldunne:  "Louth were not as difficult as I expected, I said that prior to game with Louth. But they disappointed me with their openness at back. On that basis I hope Kildare are better equipped (perhaps ultra defensive) I dont know , but better to test our forwards, doesn't mean we wont win, but its not good preparation for dubs not to face some opposition, and ask some questions."
Saturday night is all about winning the game. we can't even think about Dublin only if we get a win. you don't seem to understand how difficult this game is going to be talking about we need a test before Dublin is off the wall

meath1977 (Meath) - Posts: 534 - 14/06/2017 19:29:01    1999709

Link

Replying To meath1977:  "Saturday night is all about winning the game. we can't even think about Dublin only if we get a win. you don't seem to understand how difficult this game is going to be talking about we need a test before Dublin is off the wall"
Not at all, we are further on than Kildare, have better forward unit. We need a test. The win is a given Imo.

royaldunne (Meath) - Posts: 19449 - 14/06/2017 19:44:54    1999713

Link

Replying To royaldunne:  "Not at all, we are further on than Kildare, have better forward unit. We need a test. The win is a given Imo."
there is no one in this world that wants meath To win this game then me but we are leaking too many scores . Kildare have a very strong mid field and will play men back so we won't have the space. no game is a given . Andy is a great manger the best we have since Sean but meath fans need to keep their feet on the ground , our replacement for our backs are very weak and it will take time for Andy to build a strong panel

meath1977 (Meath) - Posts: 534 - 14/06/2017 20:29:22    1999728

Link

Replying To meath1977:  "there is no one in this world that wants meath To win this game then me but we are leaking too many scores . Kildare have a very strong mid field and will play men back so we won't have the space. no game is a given . Andy is a great manger the best we have since Sean but meath fans need to keep their feet on the ground , our replacement for our backs are very weak and it will take time for Andy to build a strong panel"
So based on 1 championship win against Louth Andy mc is the best manager we have had since 2005, some statement........ is Shane the best wing back since Martin o Connell too ??

Analyst (Meath) - Posts: 1467 - 14/06/2017 20:43:31    1999732

Link

Lads, unusual and probably stupid question for ye.

Is it possible to get onto terrace with stand ticket? I know obviously there's no chance the other way around, but seeing as the stand is the cheaper Obe would they allow the change. I know obviously they've to account for numbers for safety reasons, but barring a sell out I wouldn't see that an issue.
I've been given two stand tickets but I always prefer terrace, prefer to be able to move or meet up with friends and stand together for game.
It's probably a total non runner but said I'd ask and see if any of ye had been down this road before.

Otherwise, anyone want to swap 2 stand for 2 terrace?

Jinxie (Meath) - Posts: 6342 - 14/06/2017 21:18:59    1999739

Link

Replying To Analyst:  "So based on 1 championship win against Louth Andy mc is the best manager we have had since 2005, some statement........ is Shane the best wing back since Martin o Connell too ??"
you must be a micko dowd man. Andy will prove me right on that.

meath1977 (Meath) - Posts: 534 - 14/06/2017 21:23:13    1999740

Link

Some seriously deluded meath fans on here. If meath don't shore up at the back and take our goal chances if they come, we could be in for a bit of a trimming Saturday......we won't get them ten free shots for points from 21 yards out against kildare like we got in last ten v louth. They are a year further down the line from us development wise and there minor and u21 last 6 years or so has alot more pedigree ......it wouldn't surprise me if we win cause we are capable of it but im certainly not expecting us too....but there's alot of unrealistic expectations on here lately.

southmeathgael (Meath) - Posts: 888 - 14/06/2017 21:30:23    1999744

Link

See no tickets left online for stand only terrace

MeathOnHill16 (Meath) - Posts: 226 - 14/06/2017 21:36:33    1999746

Link

Replying To southmeathgael:  "Some seriously deluded meath fans on here. If meath don't shore up at the back and take our goal chances if they come, we could be in for a bit of a trimming Saturday......we won't get them ten free shots for points from 21 yards out against kildare like we got in last ten v louth. They are a year further down the line from us development wise and there minor and u21 last 6 years or so has alot more pedigree ......it wouldn't surprise me if we win cause we are capable of it but im certainly not expecting us too....but there's alot of unrealistic expectations on here lately."
your 100% right there

meath1977 (Meath) - Posts: 534 - 14/06/2017 21:46:00    1999749

Link

Replying To MeathOnHill16:  "See no tickets left online for stand only terrace"
I've 2 that I'd swap for terrace if anyone wants them.

Jinxie (Meath) - Posts: 6342 - 14/06/2017 22:13:20    1999752

Link

Replying To southmeathgael:  "Some seriously deluded meath fans on here. If meath don't shore up at the back and take our goal chances if they come, we could be in for a bit of a trimming Saturday......we won't get them ten free shots for points from 21 yards out against kildare like we got in last ten v louth. They are a year further down the line from us development wise and there minor and u21 last 6 years or so has alot more pedigree ......it wouldn't surprise me if we win cause we are capable of it but im certainly not expecting us too....but there's alot of unrealistic expectations on here lately."
think it could go either way,it will be close. there will be no trimmings..

ziggy32001 (Meath) - Posts: 8354 - 14/06/2017 22:13:28    1999753

Link

Not a hope of Kildare hammering Meath, the only hope I give Kildare sneaking it is if like you said they take there goal chances and Meath don't, where's your confidence in Kildare coming from? Would any of them Kildare players make a Dublin/Kerry team? Granted there younge but they were hopeless last year with same players and under same management and looked very average against down, Clare, Galway towards the end of the league, and as for underage they have actually won very little, so for me I'm fully expecting a meath victory.
Meath 1-17 Kildare 1-14

Royal.Legend (Meath) - Posts: 665 - 14/06/2017 22:52:47    1999766

Link

Replying To meath1977:  "you must be a micko dowd man. Andy will prove me right on that."
I am a Meath man, a realistic unbiased one. Credit will be given when and if due, but family loyalty is a bad start

Analyst (Meath) - Posts: 1467 - 14/06/2017 23:31:33    1999773

Link

Most comments here are fair. Does anyone know if Brian Power is available for selection for the kildare game or is he still injured. Am expecting a right battle with kildare putting 12-14 behind the ball to frustrate out forwards. As always against Kildare winning midfield is a must and will probably decide it. Looking forward to see what team andy picks and remember he see the players more than we do, Meath by 5/6 points. Up the Royal.

Meathmen (Meath) - Posts: 73 - 15/06/2017 05:34:01    1999791

Link

Early goals for meath will seal the deal.
Was impressed with kildare s long range scoring ability. We need to close them down and Mark tighter

Toggies (Limerick) - Posts: 9 - 15/06/2017 05:50:40    1999792

Link

Replying To Analyst:  "I am a Meath man, a realistic unbiased one. Credit will be given when and if due, but family loyalty is a bad start"
you have it in against Andy because of a club bias because your club have not players on the team it's sickening. Young Shane is a good young player who you should be getting behind and supporting. I have no players from my club on the meath team I don't care as long as we have a team that plays with pride

meath1977 (Meath) - Posts: 534 - 15/06/2017 06:40:20    1999793

Link

Strengths weakness from both teams,??????

Reco (Meath) - Posts: 419 - 15/06/2017 07:59:09    1999799

Link