UK Forum

Popular Posts from Cockney_Cat

Click on the subject to bring you to the county where the message was originally posted 

Ulster Team Allege Sectarian Abuse. - 11 Like(s)

Replying To Ulsterman:  "There's a story in today's Irish Independent that an Ulster U14 hurling team received vulgar abuse and partitionist catcalls at a tournament in Galway last week. The team's management and parents said the abuse included "British b*****ds" and "You're not even Irish". Many Ulster sides will tell you that this sort of abuse is rife when they travel South and it's shameful. I don't think the GAA and websites like HS can ignore this now as it's getting worse."
Why did you not add a link to the article in the Independent? Here it is: https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/hurling/they-called-us-british-bs-investigation-launched-after-abuse-claims-at-u14-gaa-tournament-37010254.html You failed to mention that the alleged abuse was from the opposition team's under 14 year old children, not adults. . Not nice. if true. But boys will be boys. Maybe it doesn't suit your agenda. You also failed to mention that the chairman of the club who lodged the complaint said: "Personally I have experienced this on many occasions and I am sure northern teams have sledged just as bad." You also, failed to mention this: When contacted by Independent.ie, the coach of the opposition team denied that any abuse had taken place. "It didn't happen. I was there and it didn't happen," he said. "The game was played in good spirits. There were no chants whatsoever. A lot of what was said is untrue. "If all this has happened, why was nothing mentioned at the time to our mentors or to the officials? Not one of them approached anyone to say that any of this happened. As for your "Many Ulster sides will tell you that this sort of abuse is rife when they travel South" Which clubs? Where? When?

Cockney_Cat (National) - 14/06/2018 18:19:06

Tomas O Se - the King of Yerra - 5 Like(s)

Replying To jimbodub:  "Classic Kerry stuff Using their privileged media positions to peddle their pro Kerry agenda Talking up teams, down playing their own, going after rival players, rival styles of play.. all in their own interests Have been doing it for years"
Give it a rest will ya? This is one of the few topics on here not about Dublin. Isn't there enough others on here for you and the rest of the Dubs to carry on your bleating and wallow in your victimhood?

Cockney_Cat (National) - 02/07/2017 21:15:20

Posters Crossing The Line - 5 Like(s)

Replying To royaldunne:  "All I will say is if anyone thinks that is offensive then they better not read what I post (any of it) should Meath and dubs meet in a Leinster final. And probably vice versa . So to spare anyone's feelings DO NOT READ ANYTHING ABOUT MEATH AND DUBLIN. Should it come to pass as their is no guarantees in life."
It's almost impossible not to read anything on here about Dublin. As for Meath... who really cares? No offence intended.

Cockney_Cat (National) - 05/06/2019 20:28:24

Hurling better than football....?? - 4 Like(s)
A terrible topic created by a diehard football fan and endorsed by other football fans. Who instead of facing up to the deteriorating state of gaelic football, put the boot (or should that be hand pass) into another sport.

Cockney_Cat (National) - 10/07/2016 19:47:44

Where is John 3:7? - 4 Like(s)
I'm sorry to rain on his parade (I'm not really). But, good riddance to him and his dogma. There should be no religious or political banners at GAA games, or any sporting events for that matter. In fact, they are not allowed in soccer.

Cockney_Cat (National) - 05/06/2017 21:52:56

Tyrone Boycott Of RTE - 4 Like(s)

Replying To TheUsername:  "It feels even inappropriate that this is even a debate. Nothing in life could ever be worse then the pain of the loss of a child. To have it mocked on national radio is just disgusting and subhuman. If other counties and the GAA had anything about them they would have backed Micky too in this stance and forced RTE to some kind of end that could bring the Harte family some sense of justice for what they did. The whole thing just disgusts me. It goes without saying he is totally justified and fair play to Tyrone County Board and players staff etc for backing him."
Spare me the melodramatics. RTE withdrew the programme and apologised.

Cockney_Cat (National) - 20/08/2018 18:28:57

Dunphy on the Dubs - 4 Like(s)

Replying To hill16no1man:  "the soccer boys seem to be running scared at the minute with roddy doyle now dunphy trying to have a go.
id ask the question has dunphy ever even met messi?
highly unlikely i would say, in that case how would he even know what type person messi is?
of all the things to accuse this team of being full of themselves has to be madness.
they have seperate guys who are ambassadors for suicide prevention, mental health and addiction problem.
the manager flew a plane to uganda for concern and goal last year after the all ireland final.
on several occasions throughout this year they have helped out in the capuchin day centre for homeless people.
they have taken the trophy specificaly to children who are suffering with life long illness on match days to let them celebrate.
another player does ted talks to help people who are suffering with depression and are at low points in their life."
FFS stop, I'm wiping my eyes. They should all be given halos

Cockney_Cat (National) - 23/09/2017 23:09:04

Cork Hurling - 3 Like(s)
Made KK look like amatuers. 32_4_1 (Meath) - Posts: 4111 - 04/08/2019 00:32:49 2220388 All Kilkenny teams are amatuers.

Cockney_Cat (National) - 04/08/2019 20:49:14

Are Kilkenny now 4th In Leinster? - 3 Like(s)

Replying To festinog:  "On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being the poorest, I'd give this attempt at trolling a 3, only because I think some poor eejit is going to read it and take it seriously. Laois have had a great year, you do them a disservice by including them in your attempt at humour."
Well this "poor eejit" has read it and agrees. Take your arrogant maroon blinkers off and accept what has been a disastrous Championship for Galway.

Cockney_Cat (National) - 21/07/2019 20:42:35

Dublin V Kerry NFL Final - 3 Like(s)
Mayo. Tyrone, Donegal and Monaghan have a slight chance of keeping up [with Dublin & Kerry] and for every other team, the year is now OVER. There is little point in bigging up games between Leitrim and London or Cork and Tipp when, in the grander scheme of things, they are insignificant. bennybunny (Cork) - Posts:3427 - 09/04/2017 23:12:52 1977703 Come on now benny. Where would the GAA be - both football and hurling - with an attitude like that. Sure, you maybe right about Dublin and Kerry being on another level to the rest; but to belittle the rest and call their games insignificant and the year over is ridiculous and insulting. There will be many a competitive game, enjoyed by both the players and fans, played between teams not at the same level as Dublin & Kerry. How are these "insignificant" counties meant to improve if they don't test themselves against teams equal to and better themselves? Even if it means they get the odd hammering now and again.

Cockney_Cat (National) - 10/04/2017 00:07:54

Tipp Hurling Fans Fighting - 3 Like(s)
i love an auld pint or two but never went to a game inebriated in my life. perfect10 (Wexford) - Posts: 3244 - 20/05/2019 19:51:36 2186064 That takes some doing, following Wexford over the last 20 years.

Cockney_Cat (National) - 20/05/2019 21:45:03

Irish But Never Held A Hockey Stick? - 3 Like(s)
Irish But Never Held A Hockey Stick? I've had a hockey player hold my stick.

Cockney_Cat (National) - 05/08/2018 18:36:39

GAA Should Campaign For A United Ireland. - 3 Like(s)

Replying To DUALSUPPORT:  "I know the GAA didn't spend millions on the Easter Rising commemoration I never said that so don't misquote me, I agree with you it was celebrated in the correct fashion I enjoyed every moment of it and It was nice the GAA acknowledging the Irish who fought in WW1 so don't make out I was criticizing there either. Come off this sport and politics don't mix it always will, how many heads of state are guests of honour at sporting events around the world and the British soccer teams wear poppies every November. I don't want to get into a tit for tat argument here. My point is the GAA is a sporting organisation first but it has always promoted Irish nationalist culture peacefully and has made huge gestures in the recent past political and sporting, 6 counties of our country are under foreign occupation whether people like to admit or not, if the majority of the population of those 6 counties want to rejoin the Republic of Ireland, the GAA should fully support it in an inclusive manner and adhere to the principles on which the association was founded. The people of East Germany must have being very lucky the West Germans hadn't the same attitude as some of the free staters we have here in the republic because they would have being left out on there own after the cold war."
The people of East Germany must have being very lucky the West Germans hadn't the same attitude as some of the free staters we have here in the republic because they would have being left out on there own after the cold war. DUALSUPPORT (Limerick) - Posts: 463 - 30/03/2019 12:06:57 Equating the partitioning of Germany, into West and East. after the the World ll; with Ireland. is naive and ignorant.

Cockney_Cat (National) - 31/03/2019 17:11:19

Connacht Championship 2019 - 3 Like(s)

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "That's brilliant :-)"
No it's not, it's sick. Making a snide joke about the murder of someone; change JFK to Veronica Guerin, still find it "brilliant"?

Cockney_Cat (National) - 26/05/2019 00:13:58

Family planning - 3 Like(s)

Replying To Stmunnsriver:  "I'm surprised this is never mentioned! It surley must be the biggest threat to the GAA in rural Ireland!!! Gone are the days when u will have 6/8 brothers [ or sisters
backboning the small country club, those days are gone forever."]The biggest threat to the GAA, and more, in rural Ireland has always been, and still is, emigration.

Cockney_Cat (National) - 18/02/2017 22:20:48

Is Now The Time For Brian Cody To Step Down? - 3 Like(s)

Replying To BlueBeret:  "Replying To omahant: "Should he have retired in 2010 or 2012 ? - it was a pity he didn't go at the end of that extraordinary run of success." Should have retired in 2012? All-Ireland winners in 2014, 2015. Runners up in 2016 & 2019 Leinster winners in 2014, 2015, 2016. National League winners in 2013. 2014, 2018. Name me a manager/county that has a better record than Cody's since 2012? Cockney_Cat (UK) - Posts: 709 - 18/08/2019 17:44:47 2227122 Post Reply Link 0 0 Perhaps you have heard of Jim Gavin/Dublin...."
I was going to state hurling; but I thought no, even the thickest of posters on here would realise that. You've proved me wrong.

Cockney_Cat (National) - 18/08/2019 18:13:55

Media Mayo Mourning - 3 Like(s)

Replying To Liamwalkinstown:  "i actually didnt, no idea why it appeared twice"
No complaints from me. I get to red thumb you twice.

Cockney_Cat (National) - 24/09/2017 20:27:13

Pairc Ui Chaoimh And Liam Miller - 3 Like(s)

Replying To ulsterrules:  "lets not forget GAA Soccer Rugby are all competing for the same players the same supporters and while it is not popular to say so but this is soccer, they have their own professional body looking after them , Aviva would be a better choice allow the irish fans to pay tribute to Liam as he played more times for ireland than he did for Cork City."
"lets not forget... " But lets forget that Liam Miller was a Gael. Let's forget he was a native of Cork. Let's forget he played Gaelic games in Cork. Lets forget the overwhelming amount of GAA fans nationally that want the game played in Cork. Lets forget The GPA want the game played in Cork.

Cockney_Cat (National) - 22/07/2018 18:34:30

Where is John 3:7? - 3 Like(s)

Replying To PaudieSull1:  "Not allowed at soccer really???? Clearly you have never seen the Green Brigade at Celtic Park! You do know Bloody Sunday happened at a game held for welfare of political prisoners, I agree with your point in general but think you are being too dogmatic there given the history of our organisation......"
The Green Brigade are a part of a bigger problem which degrades Scottish football, namely sectarianism, which mainly involves the two biggest clubs, Celtic and Rangers. While both clubs have made efforts to eradicate it, it hasn't been enough. Plus, the police do not fully enforce the law. Bloody Sunday happened during a war, so is not relevant to this topic.

Cockney_Cat (National) - 17/06/2018 14:31:46

Irish But Never Held A Hurl? - 3 Like(s)

Replying To royaldunne:  "Do not dare say anything about my family unless u say it to my face. Which of course u wouldn't, or if u did, trust me u would need a Hurley and it wouldn't do u any good. It's a c#ap game enjoyed by hombres for the most part who give it a bad name and who don't get out much."
It's a c#ap game enjoyed by hombres for the most part who give it a bad name and who don't get out much." I've had comments far less offensive then this, in fact some not offensive at all removed/deleted on here; but this s#ite is allowed?

Cockney_Cat (National) - 01/08/2018 22:52:45