UK Forum

Popular Posts from PressureKick

Click on the subject to bring you to the county where the message was originally posted 

Mayo V Galway - 4 Like(s)

Replying To tommy132:  "I think you will find Mayo people have bought property in Galway and now renting back to galway people.."
Bought it with what? The tarmac industry dried up there during the crash. Is there good money now in sweeping sheds and cutting grass or whatever other jobs Galway people give to the Mayo influx?

PressureKick (National) - 01/07/2019 12:11:11

Mayo V Galway - 3 Like(s)

Replying To Gleebo:  "Who are Galway missing? Certainly for Mayo, the problem is not alone the amount of injuries but the amount of them that are occurring around the middle of the field, Parsons, SOS, Keegan, Ruane, Diarmuid O' Connor and possibly Jason Doc and AOS. Take all of those players out and you're missing a huge amount of regulars/ experienced options in the engine room. I know D Vaughan came back for the Armagh game but he's only just back and is unlikely to be up to full sharpness just yet."
Galway have no midfielders fit at all. They have Peter Cooke who's coming back off a longterm injury. Conroy, Duggan, Flynn, O'Currain are all hobbled. Comer very unlikely to play and now rumours a starting defender is out

PressureKick (National) - 02/07/2019 12:01:21

Three Billboards Outside Breaffy. - 3 Like(s)
Absolutely nothing wrong with it. Mayo fans had signs in Salthill last year, had the cheek to try and bring one of those big cover over flags into Galways stadium on more than one occasion. Remember that Mayo voted against Galway during the Tony Keady affair in 89 and gave away All Ireland tickets to Kildare over Galway in 98. Watch the way they acted to the ref and and unconscious Conroy after the clear sending off Sunday. Booed McHughs frees. If there's any animosity in the rivalry it's all from one side

PressureKick (Galway) - 16/05/2018 12:26:55

Galway GAA Letter To FIFA. - 3 Like(s)
I really fear for the future of humanity if people actually thought this was serious and not a joke. Certain posters can never be taken seriously again for starters

PressureKick (National) - 07/07/2018 18:24:41

Roscommon Vs Galway - 2 Like(s)

Replying To Cuckoosinging:  "What a ridiculous comment. What has the same sex marraige referendum got to do with the current connaght final. Grow up."
What's more embarrassing, the results of that or Roscommons championship performance 2011-2017?

PressureKick (National) - 16/06/2018 08:01:00

Dublin V Galway - 2 Like(s)

Replying To Maroonedinlongford:  "Kerin has five limitations for the fullback line: Discipline Height Weight Speed Loose passing He is certainly better than most we have had over the last ten years but is not good enough against the better teams I don't think he will be there come the summer"
Have you even watched Galway in the past 2 years? Kerin was superb in every game bar the Dubs game last year, league and championship. At least 8/10 every time. He's been our best defender comfortably for 2 seasons. You clearly have some sort of vendetta against him. Did he bully you in a club game?

PressureKick (Galway) - 04/02/2019 13:52:06

Having looked through Roscommon's championship form for the past 6/7 years, it really is no wonder they celebrated the victory over Galway so much last summer. That solitary win is all they have to show for it, with losses to Clare, Fermanagh and Sligo thrown in with a few hammering by Mayo & Galway. Connacht champions last year wouldve meant a lot, even if it is tempered somewhat by not being able to claim to be the best team in Connacht in 17 due to the annihilation by Mayo in Croker. A lot of people surprised Galway are such heavy favorites but if you take pout that one victory, Roscommon's championship form resembles that of a D4 tean

PressureKick (National) - 15/06/2018 12:52:25

Mayo Upset At 7pm Throw In - 2 Like(s)
The Down hurlers have a final in Croke Park at 2pm This is the main reason the given that the game is on at 7. How do people keep missing or ignoring this fact? It's only fair that their fans, as well as shared physios etc should get to both games if needed. Getting home late is not as bad as not getting to see the game at all

PressureKick (National) - 14/06/2019 13:29:27

Replying To WaitingInTheLongGrass:  "We were delighted to win it indeed, although we had to bring our our eskimo gear to watch the game in a farcial gale force conditions last year in Pearse stadium. When yer wan said "Don't take unnecessary journeys" down there she sure as heck wasn't kidding! The Connacht board took great pride in denying us games in the Hyde opver the years so will be great to see some proper football in proper conditions going back ala 2001 when Gerry Lohan tore the arse of the net with a last minute goal"
Was such a pity for the Roscommon people, with so many saving all year for their annual holiday down in Salthill, only for the it to rain down all weekend. Still, you got the very rare win. Bit ironic Connacht Council trying to deny Ros the right to host games after the county of Roscommon trying their best to deny certain people back in 2015

PressureKick (National) - 15/06/2018 15:38:20

Mayo 2012-2017. 3Rd Best Team Of All Time? - 2 Like(s)
Beaten by Donegal, Kerry and Galway x3 in that time, plus all the Dublin losses. Draws against Derry, Roscommon and Cork in that time. Nearly relegated numerous times in the league. Peaking yourself for one side in Aug/Sept each year and matching up well against them tactically but still losing does not make you a great side. Theyre not even the second best side of that period

PressureKick (National) - 04/09/2018 11:46:45

Mayo V Galway - 2 Like(s)

Replying To royaldunne:  "Ahh now. Two very good teams??? That's stretching it a bit. One without a shed load of players through injuries and the other that won't leave their own half. For me it's mayo despite the amount of injuries, until Galway actually come up and go man to man , which is a pity as I have a soft spot for Galway (always have had) but their current way of playing is doing them no favors at all . Hopefully they will be allowed to take the shackles off and go for it. If they do they win. But I don't think management will allow that. Pity. But here's hoping"
Which is which? Galways injuries are as bad as Mayo's

PressureKick (National) - 02/07/2019 09:15:58

Connacht Championship 2019 - 1 Like(s)

Replying To Gaa_lover:  "I don't get this point of view that Roscommon must play better than they did v Mayo to win this final on Sunday. IMO if Roscommon play as well they will win on Sunday. Ruane and O'Shea were always going to win midfield and players such as Keegan and D O'Connor were always going to pick up the majority of breaks around the middle of the field. Roscommon's defensively and offensively played was better than Mayo and that is why they won deservedly so. Firstly not one goal was given away and through out the game Mayo even struggled to create one. Credit should also go to the rossies for the Mayo wide count as they were put them under pressure and were forced into taking shots from difficult positions if the same pressure is applied on Sunday Galway will also kick plenty of wides. 2-12 (18) was the biggest score a James Horan managed Mayo team had conceded in MacHale Park in the championship and Roscommon on the night had 9 wides and Glennon a had glorious chance for a 3rd goal saved. Finally i should also add last year Galway bet Mayo by 1 score in the Connacht semi final thanks to goal deep into injury time. The wide count was Mayo 12 Galway 5. Mayo played all of 2nd half with 14 men and lost Parsons to awful injury on 40 mins when the game was level but nobody said going into last years Connacht final that Galway needed to play better than they did v Mayo to win the final."
That's a laughable summary of that game. The wides stat, did you completely make that up or where did you find it? Quick search online says Galway missed 12 scoring chances and Mayo 15. Galway have better forwards so that's to be expected. You laughably mention Parsons subbed off late I'm the game but fail to mention a superior Paul Conroy going off in the first half due to a broken jaw from a cowardly hit, leading to that deserved sending off. And this idea that the winning margin was small? There was one piece of quality in that game, a superb move that led to a Galway goal and well deserving of 3 points. 3 points is a big winning margin in a low scoring game. It was fully deserved

PressureKick (Roscommon) - 15/06/2019 11:39:15

Paddy Losty Up For The Match - 1 Like(s)
The skits are hilarious, he should be on radio or something! Does a few different characters. There's one doing the rounds on whatsapp groups where he's the new Galway manager, it's priceless. This was the only other one I could find I could link https://m.facebook.com/groups/572980186232434/?view=permalink&id=613048795558906

PressureKick (National) - 14/09/2017 13:16:53

Sligo V Galway - 1 Like(s)

Replying To Galway2019:  "I think you are basing this theory of the league game last year after O'Connor got sent off . O Connor didn't play the championship game and I can never remember Kerin marking him before that ?"
2016 championship game also. Cillian came on in last years game but positioned himself out the field. 2 full matchups and the only thing O'Connor has done from play in either is get himself sent off

PressureKick (Galway) - 23/05/2019 10:02:33

Connacht Championship 2019 - 1 Like(s)

Replying To Yondu:  "Lets be honest he has fair knowledge that they aren't certain starters. Cooke,Duggan,Molloy,McDaid etc would be possible starters but the only certain starters (note the word certain) Galway are missing from the published line up is Conroy and Comer. Roscommon who unlike Galway aren't talking about missing players are without 4 certain starters Ciaran Murtagh,Ultan Harney,Niall McInerney and Cathal Compton. Other possible starters are Stack,McManus and F Cregg"
This is laughable. 3 of those players opted out of playing, theyre not injured. It's up to your manager or county board to convince them to play. It's not unlucky if they can't be arsed to play for Roscommon. Then we have the other joker trying to make out that a thoroughly average player in Ultan Harney who cost ye league games against Tyrone and Cavan and who most Galway fans would prefer to see playing is comparable to Comer, Conroy, or even Kelly (nominated for an all star in first season age 21) or Molloy (club footballer of the year)

PressureKick (Roscommon) - 13/06/2019 15:38:12

Can Galway do the double - 1 Like(s)
Won't happen, footballers arent near ready yet. Still though, you'd take Galways GAA lot easily over anyone elses as a fan at the moment. Top contender in one, average to good in another and contending at most underage grades in both.

PressureKick (National) - 29/07/2017 11:45:59

Connacht Final 2019 - 1 Like(s)

Replying To Trucker1:  "I think that would be a big mistake. I rate Lavelle but switching keepers just before a game never works. Puts too much pressure on the replacement and damages the confidence of the replaced. It's different out the field where a mistake most likely won't cost you the game and you have a better chance to get on as a sub. I also think Powers long kick outs are better and gives us a better chance to get up the pitch"
It's not like Power's been dropped though, how did we ever know he was no.1? Lavelle started against London and possibly Power was tried against SLigo. I'm sure the backs and midfield had a fair idea who'd be behind the kickouts for the last few weeks regardless of which stars

PressureKick (Galway) - 15/06/2019 22:19:17

Connacht Final 2019 - 1 Like(s)

Replying To ispeakwisdom:  "Only people questioning him starting was those that didn't know that he is one of out best and most important players. We don't have a like a for like replacement for him either, Enda Smith a totally different type of player and if it wasn't for injury Enda would have started along side Ultan in the team v Leitrim,Mayo. Comer and Conroy has been injured all year would be different if you lost them a week before the game. The likes of Duggan,Cooke are not established starters for Galway yet and and with Silke,J Daly brought into defence you have better defenders than Kyne. We only had 3 of last years Connacht final starting team v Mayo so i don't think i'd be making the excuse about missing players especially with the pick that Galway have"
What do you mean with the pick Galway have? There are over 30 football clubs in Roscommon. There are 40 or so in Galway. Galway has less registered football players than Mayo. Not sure on the Roscommon numbers but cant imagine the difference is huge. Galway play 2 sports, as well as a professional rugby and soccer team. None of the hurling strongholds have any interest in football. The "large pick" argument has no basis in fact Cunningham deciding to turnover huge amounts of players from last year, or Roscommon players deciding or being unconvinced not to commit is not unlucky. Thats up to the manager. Injuries are unlucky. Roscommon throwing in excuses already on the basis of Harney who was never even a guaranteed starter up until this year, and comparing it to Galway who have been missing a good dozen all season including one of Irelands best forwards is very strange

PressureKick (Galway) - 10/06/2019 15:29:31

Football All Stars 2018 - 1 Like(s)
Tyrone beaten in Ulster and beaten a similar way by the Dubs. No reason why they had a better year than a provincial champion such as Galway who only got 1. 2 ways a fair representation as Tyrone had no standouts. Ryan Mchugh's inclusion is the strange one

PressureKick (National) - 01/11/2018 10:07:10

Predictions For Possible Galway All Stars 2018 - 1 Like(s)
Criminal how underrated/overlooked Kerin is by the majority of people and media at the moment. By far and away Galway best defender in 2018. League and championship

PressureKick (Galway) - 25/07/2018 18:05:24