UK Forum

Popular Posts from PressureKick

Click on the subject to bring you to the county where the message was originally posted 

Galway GAA Convention - 5 Like(s)

Replying To clare_sparrow:  "this is thread is hard reading for any Galway hurling fans. I suspect the same for football fans. I really think the two sports need to be split at an admin level. I, as a hurling fan and club member (of a hurling club) have zero interest in the running or performance of Galway football. On the issue of sponsorship I somewhat resent that Galway football should benefit as a result of the Hurlers success of the last decade, which is why I would be much happier for a split again. Obviously there are some synergies which would benefit such as training gyms and facilities but administration and finances should be totally separated I feel."
The Galway footballers have been royally screwed by the boards joining back up. The debt is hurling debt, coming from mountain south. The footballers have had to share their facilities at Loughgeorge with the hurlers. All the legacy board problems have come form the hurlers side. Lest we forget which team has brought the county 9 All Irelands in a 32 team competition and which got a bye to the semi finals most years and still only have 5

PressureKick (Galway) - 02/01/2020 12:24:28

New Galway Football Manager - 4 Like(s)

Replying To crafty:  "Looks like an inside job with the lads looking after each other. Joyce, Scan and Divilly all old friends but have achieved very little. Kerins would have been a much better choice of manager as he would come with no baggage. Cant see this crew giving Corofin players much of a chance but maybe they are better off staying with their club as they might win something there."
How on earth has Divilly achieved very little? Sigerson cup is the second highest grade in football after senior intercounty. He's managed a team to win Sigerson twice

PressureKick (Galway) - 13/10/2019 10:32:25

Mayo V Galway - 4 Like(s)

Replying To tommy132:  "I think you will find Mayo people have bought property in Galway and now renting back to galway people.."
Bought it with what? The tarmac industry dried up there during the crash. Is there good money now in sweeping sheds and cutting grass or whatever other jobs Galway people give to the Mayo influx?

PressureKick (National) - 01/07/2019 12:11:11

Mayo V Galway - 3 Like(s)

Replying To Gleebo:  "Who are Galway missing? Certainly for Mayo, the problem is not alone the amount of injuries but the amount of them that are occurring around the middle of the field, Parsons, SOS, Keegan, Ruane, Diarmuid O' Connor and possibly Jason Doc and AOS. Take all of those players out and you're missing a huge amount of regulars/ experienced options in the engine room. I know D Vaughan came back for the Armagh game but he's only just back and is unlikely to be up to full sharpness just yet."
Galway have no midfielders fit at all. They have Peter Cooke who's coming back off a longterm injury. Conroy, Duggan, Flynn, O'Currain are all hobbled. Comer very unlikely to play and now rumours a starting defender is out

PressureKick (National) - 02/07/2019 12:01:21

Three Billboards Outside Breaffy. - 3 Like(s)
Absolutely nothing wrong with it. Mayo fans had signs in Salthill last year, had the cheek to try and bring one of those big cover over flags into Galways stadium on more than one occasion. Remember that Mayo voted against Galway during the Tony Keady affair in 89 and gave away All Ireland tickets to Kildare over Galway in 98. Watch the way they acted to the ref and and unconscious Conroy after the clear sending off Sunday. Booed McHughs frees. If there's any animosity in the rivalry it's all from one side

PressureKick (Galway) - 16/05/2018 12:26:55

Galway Football 2020 - 3 Like(s)

Replying To Mailman98:  "If Shane Walsh had 10% of the heart, bravery and work rate of Niall Skully we wouldn't be wondering where he was every time we play in Croke park. Skully keeps more effective players than Shane Walsh out of the Dublin team. Jim Gavin wouldn't take a second look at Walsh."
To my knowledge he's started 6 games there. Had a very good game against Kerry OF 2014 scoring 3 from play aged 20. A good game Vs Kildare in 2017 scoring 3 from play. A very poor game Vs Kerry 2017 QF. An ok game Vs Dublin 2018 league scoring 1 from play and 2 great frees. Sunday game Man of the match versus Kerry 2018 Super 8s. An ok game versus Dublin 2018 semi final, scoring 1-1 from play. So whatever narrative you want to spin, the facts don't back it up

PressureKick (Galway) - 11/01/2020 01:51:44

Galway GAA Letter To FIFA. - 3 Like(s)
I really fear for the future of humanity if people actually thought this was serious and not a joke. Certain posters can never be taken seriously again for starters

PressureKick (National) - 07/07/2018 18:24:41

Galway Football 2020 - 2 Like(s)

Replying To John789:  "New goalkeeper played well was always willing to take ball off the backs.. GOD as always steady... Mcdaid and Brannigan look like 2 Players that were on there last chance... Boyle and kelly not up to it... great passion on the line..."
McDaid is 21, has played about 4 games for Galway and was one of the few bright sparks of last season. How on earth would he be on his last chance?

PressureKick (Galway) - 14/01/2020 15:43:54

New Galway Football Manager - 2 Like(s)

Replying To Yondu:  "The green thumbs are for agreeing with an opinion the opposite for the red thumbs. You need to deal with that instead of getting upset. I'm not from Roscommon but you must a bee in your bonnet with them for some reason. I have a very good life which over the years has included GAA coaching in both the UK and Ireland what is your life other than trying to play online keyboard warrior? You would want to do a little more research on John Divillys and how his sigerson cup teams were set up especially against the better colleges. Kerins Cup is a pre-season competition and shouldn't be brought into any convesation when talking up or down a manager. U20 is a poor man's U21 competition and Dublin management gave Galway a schooling in that AI semi final, game was won early on and they kept Galway at arms length for the rest of the game. Was enough evidence in that game alone that PJ needed more time at that grade before stepping up to senior management however if Divilly is given more of influence you should at least see Galway seniors more organised in defence than they were this year under Kevin Walsh."
This is laughable. Dublin won the game early and kept Galway at arms length for the rest of the game. How can you explain the game being level then midway through the second half? How would you define arms length? You're not from Roscommon yet turn up in every Roscommon related discussion. Grand. If you've such a good life (yet felt the need to emigrate, obviously things weren't going so well for you here) then why do you and your merry band of likers come onto an opposing page making things up to have a dig?

PressureKick (Galway) - 13/10/2019 10:29:04

Roscommon Vs Galway - 2 Like(s)

Replying To Cuckoosinging:  "What a ridiculous comment. What has the same sex marraige referendum got to do with the current connaght final. Grow up."
What's more embarrassing, the results of that or Roscommons championship performance 2011-2017?

PressureKick (National) - 16/06/2018 08:01:00

Dublin V Galway - 2 Like(s)

Replying To Maroonedinlongford:  "Kerin has five limitations for the fullback line: Discipline Height Weight Speed Loose passing He is certainly better than most we have had over the last ten years but is not good enough against the better teams I don't think he will be there come the summer"
Have you even watched Galway in the past 2 years? Kerin was superb in every game bar the Dubs game last year, league and championship. At least 8/10 every time. He's been our best defender comfortably for 2 seasons. You clearly have some sort of vendetta against him. Did he bully you in a club game?

PressureKick (Galway) - 04/02/2019 13:52:06

Having looked through Roscommon's championship form for the past 6/7 years, it really is no wonder they celebrated the victory over Galway so much last summer. That solitary win is all they have to show for it, with losses to Clare, Fermanagh and Sligo thrown in with a few hammering by Mayo & Galway. Connacht champions last year wouldve meant a lot, even if it is tempered somewhat by not being able to claim to be the best team in Connacht in 17 due to the annihilation by Mayo in Croker. A lot of people surprised Galway are such heavy favorites but if you take pout that one victory, Roscommon's championship form resembles that of a D4 tean

PressureKick (National) - 15/06/2018 12:52:25

Mayo Upset At 7pm Throw In - 2 Like(s)
The Down hurlers have a final in Croke Park at 2pm This is the main reason the given that the game is on at 7. How do people keep missing or ignoring this fact? It's only fair that their fans, as well as shared physios etc should get to both games if needed. Getting home late is not as bad as not getting to see the game at all

PressureKick (National) - 14/06/2019 13:29:27

Replying To WaitingInTheLongGrass:  "We were delighted to win it indeed, although we had to bring our our eskimo gear to watch the game in a farcial gale force conditions last year in Pearse stadium. When yer wan said "Don't take unnecessary journeys" down there she sure as heck wasn't kidding! The Connacht board took great pride in denying us games in the Hyde opver the years so will be great to see some proper football in proper conditions going back ala 2001 when Gerry Lohan tore the arse of the net with a last minute goal"
Was such a pity for the Roscommon people, with so many saving all year for their annual holiday down in Salthill, only for the it to rain down all weekend. Still, you got the very rare win. Bit ironic Connacht Council trying to deny Ros the right to host games after the county of Roscommon trying their best to deny certain people back in 2015

PressureKick (National) - 15/06/2018 15:38:20

Mayo 2012-2017. 3Rd Best Team Of All Time? - 2 Like(s)
Beaten by Donegal, Kerry and Galway x3 in that time, plus all the Dublin losses. Draws against Derry, Roscommon and Cork in that time. Nearly relegated numerous times in the league. Peaking yourself for one side in Aug/Sept each year and matching up well against them tactically but still losing does not make you a great side. Theyre not even the second best side of that period

PressureKick (National) - 04/09/2018 11:46:45

Mayo V Galway - 2 Like(s)

Replying To royaldunne:  "Ahh now. Two very good teams??? That's stretching it a bit. One without a shed load of players through injuries and the other that won't leave their own half. For me it's mayo despite the amount of injuries, until Galway actually come up and go man to man , which is a pity as I have a soft spot for Galway (always have had) but their current way of playing is doing them no favors at all . Hopefully they will be allowed to take the shackles off and go for it. If they do they win. But I don't think management will allow that. Pity. But here's hoping"
Which is which? Galways injuries are as bad as Mayo's

PressureKick (National) - 02/07/2019 09:15:58

Connacht Championship 2019 - 1 Like(s)

Replying To Gaa_lover:  "I don't get this point of view that Roscommon must play better than they did v Mayo to win this final on Sunday. IMO if Roscommon play as well they will win on Sunday. Ruane and O'Shea were always going to win midfield and players such as Keegan and D O'Connor were always going to pick up the majority of breaks around the middle of the field. Roscommon's defensively and offensively played was better than Mayo and that is why they won deservedly so. Firstly not one goal was given away and through out the game Mayo even struggled to create one. Credit should also go to the rossies for the Mayo wide count as they were put them under pressure and were forced into taking shots from difficult positions if the same pressure is applied on Sunday Galway will also kick plenty of wides. 2-12 (18) was the biggest score a James Horan managed Mayo team had conceded in MacHale Park in the championship and Roscommon on the night had 9 wides and Glennon a had glorious chance for a 3rd goal saved. Finally i should also add last year Galway bet Mayo by 1 score in the Connacht semi final thanks to goal deep into injury time. The wide count was Mayo 12 Galway 5. Mayo played all of 2nd half with 14 men and lost Parsons to awful injury on 40 mins when the game was level but nobody said going into last years Connacht final that Galway needed to play better than they did v Mayo to win the final."
That's a laughable summary of that game. The wides stat, did you completely make that up or where did you find it? Quick search online says Galway missed 12 scoring chances and Mayo 15. Galway have better forwards so that's to be expected. You laughably mention Parsons subbed off late I'm the game but fail to mention a superior Paul Conroy going off in the first half due to a broken jaw from a cowardly hit, leading to that deserved sending off. And this idea that the winning margin was small? There was one piece of quality in that game, a superb move that led to a Galway goal and well deserving of 3 points. 3 points is a big winning margin in a low scoring game. It was fully deserved

PressureKick (Roscommon) - 15/06/2019 11:39:15

Paddy Losty Up For The Match - 1 Like(s)
The skits are hilarious, he should be on radio or something! Does a few different characters. There's one doing the rounds on whatsapp groups where he's the new Galway manager, it's priceless. This was the only other one I could find I could link https://m.facebook.com/groups/572980186232434/?view=permalink&id=613048795558906

PressureKick (National) - 14/09/2017 13:16:53

Sligo V Galway - 1 Like(s)

Replying To Galway2019:  "I think you are basing this theory of the league game last year after O'Connor got sent off . O Connor didn't play the championship game and I can never remember Kerin marking him before that ?"
2016 championship game also. Cillian came on in last years game but positioned himself out the field. 2 full matchups and the only thing O'Connor has done from play in either is get himself sent off

PressureKick (Galway) - 23/05/2019 10:02:33

Connacht Championship 2019 - 1 Like(s)

Replying To Yondu:  "Lets be honest he has fair knowledge that they aren't certain starters. Cooke,Duggan,Molloy,McDaid etc would be possible starters but the only certain starters (note the word certain) Galway are missing from the published line up is Conroy and Comer. Roscommon who unlike Galway aren't talking about missing players are without 4 certain starters Ciaran Murtagh,Ultan Harney,Niall McInerney and Cathal Compton. Other possible starters are Stack,McManus and F Cregg"
This is laughable. 3 of those players opted out of playing, theyre not injured. It's up to your manager or county board to convince them to play. It's not unlucky if they can't be arsed to play for Roscommon. Then we have the other joker trying to make out that a thoroughly average player in Ultan Harney who cost ye league games against Tyrone and Cavan and who most Galway fans would prefer to see playing is comparable to Comer, Conroy, or even Kelly (nominated for an all star in first season age 21) or Molloy (club footballer of the year)

PressureKick (Roscommon) - 13/06/2019 15:38:12