UK Forum

Popular Posts from Rosineri1

Click on the subject to bring you to the county where the message was originally posted 

November Internationals - 3 Like(s)
Flaker if you are going maybe the two of ye should meet for a few pints.

Rosineri1 (OtherSports) - 08/11/2018 10:01:15

National Football League 2019 - 3 Like(s)

Replying To Yondu:  "How is he lucky if a similar incident was also one match ban? only those that was losing the run of themselves thought the ban would be longer. Not sure about the moving on either as If Roscommon lose narrowly on Sunday they can point to the loss Donie Smith playing a part in that. On Higgins last i checked you aren't allowed to throw your head in the direction of opponent regardless to what may have happened to him."
people seem to be trying to down play what Smith did, I thought it was a terrible act, very disappointed that a Rossie player would do that. Ok the precedent was set with previous suspensions for such acts and a one game ban is in line with that. But I feel is that the previous offences and this one did merit about a months suspension. The GAA are sending out a signal that eye gouging isn't really that serious an offence. People should have been talking about the magnificent point Smith scored in the first half and not this incident, hopefully he can move on from this now and have a great year.

Rosineri1 (Roscommon) - 30/01/2019 13:30:22

Combined 4-In-A-Row Kerry Dublin Team - 3 Like(s)
I'd only have a handful of the Kerry lads in a combined team, sure most of them are in their late 50's/60's now

Rosineri1 (National) - 24/07/2019 13:18:20

November Internationals - 3 Like(s)

Replying To DonaldDuck:  "Good win. Shame i have no memory of being in the stadium. free bar beforehand was well taken advantage of..... next week for new zealand will be different!!!"
hope he brought you with him Flaker, poor form if he didnt

Rosineri1 (OtherSports) - 12/11/2018 11:29:52

The Next Senior Football Manager - 3 Like(s)
I'd be happier if we had found a few new backs rather than forwards, our issues have not really been putting the ball over the bar (except the Connacht final last year).

Rosineri1 (Roscommon) - 13/12/2018 09:24:05

RIP Tommy Harrell - 2 Like(s)
forgot to post this earlier, just wanted to pass on my condolences to the Harrell family, have known Tommy for a number of years and have to say what an absolute gent he was. Never and easy job being chairman of London County Board but did the job with great dignity. He will be greatly missed around Ruislip. Happy Christmas and New Year to everyone keeping the GAA going over here.

Rosineri1 (UK) - 20/12/2018 09:34:30

Old GAA Magazines - 2 Like(s)
been in the process of researching my Clubs history and came across this archive of old GAA magazines online, just thought some people on here may have an interest in looking over them. The Seamus O'Ceallaigh collection http://www.limerickcity.ie/library/localstudies/

Rosineri1 (National) - 08/08/2018 11:04:48

The Super 8S - 2 Like(s)

Replying To yew_tree:  "Few red thumbs there for you...don't think your fellow posters like you wishing us luck lol ;)"
asking people to come early and support the ladies also got a few red thumbs!!

Rosineri1 (Roscommon) - 10/07/2019 08:55:35

The Next Senior Football Manager - 2 Like(s)

Replying To Bigsam88:  "It's true, heading to New York playing for Manhattan gaels"
well I am likely to bump into one of the three this weekend so I will make sure to confirm your right Big Sam.

Rosineri1 (Roscommon) - 23/10/2018 15:31:37

Connacht Championship 2019 - 2 Like(s)
only got to see the Sunday game last night, have to say fair play to McStay, he admitted when he departed that the Roscommon team was not in a good place after last years Super 8's and on top of that a number of players opting to go travelling. He said what a great job Cunningham had done in building the team back up. Could have easily said that Cunningham was taking charge of a team he had gotten to Div1 and had led to the Super 8's last year.

Rosineri1 (Roscommon) - 19/06/2019 09:24:39

The Magic Of An O'neills Ball - 2 Like(s)

Replying To realdub:  "As a kid I'd be disgusted if I was given a non O'Neill ball at training, it didn't feel real enough."
doing drills and you'd always try and make sure you got the proper O'Neills for your go, rather than one of the trainer balls, if you missed was always because you had the rubbish trainer one! All these new companies have tried to copy the O'Neills but I have not seen one that comes close to matching it.

Rosineri1 (National) - 26/09/2018 15:21:00

RTE - Change Of Direction - 2 Like(s)
Interesting that no one has posted yet on RTE increasing their GAA coverage, usually they get lambasted on here for their lack of interest in GAA and what is seen as a pro rugby bias. Good to see that the new management seem to be keen to expand their GAA coverage in the coming years.

Rosineri1 (National) - 11/01/2019 09:56:27

Noelle Healy Transfer - 2 Like(s)

Replying To wishfulthinkin:  "why shouldn't players be allowed transfer to bigger clubs. It's an amateur sport where they might only get 10 years to play it, so why not be allowed test yourself at the highest possible level and improve as a player by training with and playing with/against the best players. This small club argument is what is holding the GAA back, supporting and proping up small clubs that probably shouldn't be still in existence, making lads/gals feel guilty because they want to better themselves. We aren't living in the mid 20th century anymore..move with the times and maybe the level of clubs and players will improve"
Simple answer to wanting to be tested at the highest level is to have divisional sides as in Kerry, plenty of their players play with junior clubs but due to the divisional structure they get to play senior championship. Think in the likes of Dublin and Cork though it is different, but in the rural areas I believe it is necessary to keep small rural clubs going, many area's have lost post offices, shops, pubs etc and they only thing they have left is their GAA clubs.

Rosineri1 (National) - 14/02/2019 09:51:00

The Next Senior Football Manager - 1 Like(s)

Replying To rossie1996:  "If you were looking down the Dublin route Kevin Stritch would have been ideal rather than Mick Bohan but he has gone into the Galway backroom team. The Curran/Dolan ticket is the only real one I have heard mentioned but that isn't going to get sanctioned from certain parts of the county. Need to be getting something together within the next two weeks really with Division 1 looming."
no point in rushing an appointment, main thing is to make the right appointment.

Rosineri1 (Roscommon) - 17/09/2018 13:01:03

National Football League 2019 - 1 Like(s)

Replying To Mayonman:  "Higgins reaction was not EQUALLY dangerous. Even if it was a head butt (poor attempt at one if it was) the worst outcome is maybe a busted nose or a broken tooth. Neither of those would be nice things to happen but that is the worst possible outcome. Eye Gouging is at a different level. I wouldn't defend any player, from my own county or otherwise, who does this. Focusing on Higgins is pure deflection. Again as a Galway man I have no grá for Mayo, and I would always give out about poor discipline etc but I would defend Higgins reaction in the circumstances. I thought he was very restrained considering the possible consequences of what was attempted. By all accounts the usual he is a nice lad, not that type of player stuff is being spouted. Maybe it is true, all I know about him is he is a fine footballer. He will probably get suspended. If he holds his hands up, apologises, puts it down to a moment of madness and takes his suspension on the chin he will redeem his reputation (we all have done stupid things). However if he does the normal GAA thing and looks for loopholes etc he will lose any sympathy from me anyway."
Have to agree with you there, it did not look good, he didn't appear to pull his hand away with any urgency, also that was not a headbutt from Higgins, he just got in Smiths face. One think I do seem to be noticing from Cunninghams mgmt. is that there is a bit more aggression and bite in the team, good to see as long as its controlled. Few bits of cynicism as well which is good, as I think in the past we have been a bit naïve.

Rosineri1 (Roscommon) - 28/01/2019 13:42:02

Rory Beggan - 1 Like(s)
don't rule out the Laois keeper either

Rosineri1 (National) - 03/09/2018 09:30:03

Under 16 Football Team From Ireand - 1 Like(s)

Replying To Thechick:  "Hi ,I am toying with the idea of taking my Under 16 football team to the UK for maybe a two night stay and to play two games with some sightseeing. I'm not quite sure when but wanted to gauge if any clubs in the UK would be interested in hosting us for a game"
am sure all clubs with an under 16 team would love a game, best to decide which city you want to visit first and then look up what teams have U16 teams, obviously in London you will have a larger choice of teams. Might be a good idea to look up the various minor boards in each city/province who can advise you whop have U16 teams

Rosineri1 (UK) - 27/03/2019 09:51:14

Pairc Ui Chaoimh - 1 Like(s)

Replying To suckvalleypaddy:  "I'm for PUC being redeveloped and glad HQ are helping, this is all good. Now we need to show parity to Pearse Stadium and Casement Park to get the 21st century rolling."
instead of developing grounds that are in locations that are unlikely to hold anything other than provincial games, would it not make a bit more sense to develop a stadium in the midlands. Galway, Cork, Belfast are all thriving cities, would a stadium somewhere round Offaly/Westmeath/Laois not be a better option and maybe spread they wealth to somewhere it is probably more needed.

Rosineri1 (National) - 17/12/2018 13:43:45

6 Nations 2019 - 1 Like(s)

Replying To TheFlaker:  "Would be lovely to win the tournament but I even 2nd wouldn't be the end of the world if we can avoid serious injuries. We are picking up a few now which is a worry."
wouldn't be the worst thing if Sexton/Murray picked up niggles and the likes of Carberry got to experience the white heat of International rugby before the World Cup. Not ideal if either those two got injured at the World Cup and the replacements had very little top level experience.

Rosineri1 (OtherSports) - 17/01/2019 17:03:24

EC Qualification - 1 Like(s)
managed to scrape another draw last night, Swiss were good but very blunt up top, Shane Duffy outstanding again.

Rosineri1 (ElevenASide) - 06/09/2019 18:07:35