UK Forum

Popular Posts from Rosineri1

Click on the subject to bring you to the county where the message was originally posted 

All Black Playing In Leitrim - 4 Like(s)
Good read in the Indo on All Black World Cup winner playing a game in Leitrim https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/how-an-all-black-rugby-legend-became-a-gaa-barbarian-39176070.html

Rosineri1 (National) - 05/05/2020 12:19:54

Tommy Conlon On Sean Boylan's Meath - 4 Like(s)

Replying To carlovia:  "I read the article and thought it was unfair to drag in the second team that Boylan built 96 on as being dirty as they were a young team that played good football. The 80s team was dirty but in their defence football was much tougher back then and all teams got away with stuff that would be jumped on these days."
I always though the Meath team of the late 80's early 90's were hard I would not have called them dirty. I remember Liam Hayes writing that the Meath team hated facing Roscommon even in challenge games as he they know from throw in to final whistle it would be a physical battle. My club team were know as being a fairly hardy team and one of the club transferred to a club in Meath and he said that our team was nothing compared to the teams in Meath. I have always wondered if Meath lack of success in recent years has had to do with some of the rough and tumble in the game having gone out of it.

Rosineri1 (National) - 12/08/2020 10:23:02

November Internationals - 3 Like(s)
Flaker if you are going maybe the two of ye should meet for a few pints.

Rosineri1 (OtherSports) - 08/11/2018 10:01:15

National Football League 2019 - 3 Like(s)

Replying To Yondu:  "How is he lucky if a similar incident was also one match ban? only those that was losing the run of themselves thought the ban would be longer. Not sure about the moving on either as If Roscommon lose narrowly on Sunday they can point to the loss Donie Smith playing a part in that. On Higgins last i checked you aren't allowed to throw your head in the direction of opponent regardless to what may have happened to him."
people seem to be trying to down play what Smith did, I thought it was a terrible act, very disappointed that a Rossie player would do that. Ok the precedent was set with previous suspensions for such acts and a one game ban is in line with that. But I feel is that the previous offences and this one did merit about a months suspension. The GAA are sending out a signal that eye gouging isn't really that serious an offence. People should have been talking about the magnificent point Smith scored in the first half and not this incident, hopefully he can move on from this now and have a great year.

Rosineri1 (Roscommon) - 30/01/2019 13:30:22

Combined 4-In-A-Row Kerry Dublin Team - 3 Like(s)
I'd only have a handful of the Kerry lads in a combined team, sure most of them are in their late 50's/60's now

Rosineri1 (National) - 24/07/2019 13:18:20

Cork's Commemorate Jersey - 3 Like(s)
Thomas McCurtains GAA club in east London/Essex are celebrating their Centenary this year and are in Cork weekend of the commeration celebrations. One of the oldest clubs outside of Ireland, team were always known as the Cork team in London due to their close association with Fords factory in Dagenham and in 1954 the Cork All Ireland winning team with Christy Ring came to Dagenham to play McCurtains. In fact Dagenham was known as Little Cork. Only club in Britain with adult hurling and football, ladies football and camoige and underage hurling and football.

Rosineri1 (National) - 21/02/2020 09:36:51

November Internationals - 3 Like(s)

Replying To DonaldDuck:  "Good win. Shame i have no memory of being in the stadium. free bar beforehand was well taken advantage of..... next week for new zealand will be different!!!"
hope he brought you with him Flaker, poor form if he didnt

Rosineri1 (OtherSports) - 12/11/2018 11:29:52

The Next Senior Football Manager - 3 Like(s)
I'd be happier if we had found a few new backs rather than forwards, our issues have not really been putting the ball over the bar (except the Connacht final last year).

Rosineri1 (Roscommon) - 13/12/2018 09:24:05

100 Years Of London County Board - 3 Like(s)
The London County Board are celebrating 100 years in existence this year, the original board was disbanded before WW1, the board was reformed in 1920 with four clubs and two of the original clubs are still going today. Brother Pearses and Thomas McCurtains. Neither would be regarded as the big names of London GAA, but both are dual clubs, and have a female section, whilst McCurtains also have an underage. Nice article on McCurtains in The42 over the weekend. https://www.the42.ie/thomas-mccurtains-gaa-5058394-Mar2020/

Rosineri1 (National) - 30/03/2020 09:53:49

Counties Missed Opportunities.... - 3 Like(s)

Replying To dickie10:  "why is that dublin when a point down always seem to get 4-5 mins injury time, they dont ever seem to get 2 mins injury time when chasing a game. overall does anyine think theres way to much injury tiime played now? i will never forgive seamus prior from lietrim for his timekeeping in the 1991 all ireland final, he blew the final whistle 28 seconds into injury time, when down kicked the ball out over the line. meath 2 points down with a asideline in on midfield. 28 seconds injury time......"
must have still be sore about ye stealing Colm O'Rorke

Rosineri1 (National) - 08/07/2020 14:43:49

100 Years Of London County Board - 2 Like(s)
another article on when London came close to reaching All Ireland final in 73 https://www.skysports.com/gaa/hurling/news/30546/9929215/the-london-team-that-came-within-a-whisker-of-the-1973-all-ireland-final

Rosineri1 (National) - 31/03/2020 10:42:58

RIP Tommy Harrell - 2 Like(s)
forgot to post this earlier, just wanted to pass on my condolences to the Harrell family, have known Tommy for a number of years and have to say what an absolute gent he was. Never and easy job being chairman of London County Board but did the job with great dignity. He will be greatly missed around Ruislip. Happy Christmas and New Year to everyone keeping the GAA going over here.

Rosineri1 (UK) - 20/12/2018 09:34:30

Boards Forum Restructuring - 2 Like(s)
bring back the red thumbs!!!

Rosineri1 (National) - 24/07/2020 10:56:09

Old GAA Magazines - 2 Like(s)
been in the process of researching my Clubs history and came across this archive of old GAA magazines online, just thought some people on here may have an interest in looking over them. The Seamus O'Ceallaigh collection http://www.limerickcity.ie/library/localstudies/

Rosineri1 (National) - 08/08/2018 11:04:48

The Super 8S - 2 Like(s)

Replying To yew_tree:  "Few red thumbs there for you...don't think your fellow posters like you wishing us luck lol ;)"
asking people to come early and support the ladies also got a few red thumbs!!

Rosineri1 (Roscommon) - 10/07/2019 08:55:35

The Next Senior Football Manager - 2 Like(s)

Replying To Bigsam88:  "It's true, heading to New York playing for Manhattan gaels"
well I am likely to bump into one of the three this weekend so I will make sure to confirm your right Big Sam.

Rosineri1 (Roscommon) - 23/10/2018 15:31:37

NBA - 2 Like(s)
anyone been watching Last Dance on Nextflix, great show, Jordan was so driven to win, his competitive instinct was amazing. Phil Jackson I guess does not get the credit he deserves as people assume any coach with win with Jordan in their team. Also some great insights into the Dream Team and a few other things.

Rosineri1 (OtherSports) - 12/05/2020 11:00:18

Could A Professional Hurling/Football League Survive In Ireland? - 2 Like(s)
why don't we just apply to enter a few teams in the AFL?

Rosineri1 (National) - 18/05/2020 09:52:55

Great U21 Players Who Never Made Longterm Senior Impact Both Codes - Last 30 Years - 2 Like(s)

Replying To Ollie2:  "For Louth I would say David Reid from the Mattock Rangers in Collon and Hugh McGinn from the Newtown Blues in Drogheda."
for Westmeath Richie Browne helped them to th All Ireland, only notable appearance after that was for Maryland on Celebrity Bainesteoir, ended up playing reserve football in London!

Rosineri1 (National) - 20/05/2020 16:36:18

Connacht Championship 2019 - 2 Like(s)
only got to see the Sunday game last night, have to say fair play to McStay, he admitted when he departed that the Roscommon team was not in a good place after last years Super 8's and on top of that a number of players opting to go travelling. He said what a great job Cunningham had done in building the team back up. Could have easily said that Cunningham was taking charge of a team he had gotten to Div1 and had led to the Super 8's last year.

Rosineri1 (Roscommon) - 19/06/2019 09:24:39