Tyrone Forum

ACL Division Three 2012

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

mmdtc2011

TheHedge is not impressed. As an outsider who is looking in, I am well informed of the goings on within the Clarkes club. Numbers at training are at the lowest they have been in years, whats that telling us? Its telling me for one that things are not being done correctly.

Then theres the fundraising side of things. What fundraising are they doing to gain funds for the club? The only bit of income they have is their gate and lotto. Look at the advertising they could have around their ground and the income that would make. Look at Dungannon Hurlers and the strides the are making through fundraising and also look at Edendork and what fundraising they have done. The Clarkes had a golf classic last year and that was the biggest fundraiser they had, but does that appeal to the working class people of the town in the areas of Lisnahull, Ballygawley road, White city and the answer is no. How many of their closest neighbours in lisnahull play for their team. You could count them in one hand. Every other club in the country has a family fun day and BBQ every year for the families and children around the club, do the Clarkes? No. What about the big fancydress fundraiser they had on St. Patrick's weekend I hear you say? TWO people turned up! they people that organised it couldnt even show! and then theres the fact that they never even participated in the St. Patrick's parade when it came to Dungannon this year. What are they doing to encourage more people to join the club? Its no wonder people are leaving the club.

The club needs drastic changes if they are to get back on course.

TheHedge (Tyrone) - Posts: 22 - 30/05/2012 10:20:34    1183425

Link

The Hedge
Of course there is much more the Clarkes could and should be doing.
Their fund rasing efforts were probably overshadowed by the Cian Corrigan "Field of Dreams" fundrasing weekend where they had a re-run of the '95 final complete with Paddy Russell and Micheal O Muircheartaigh on commentary which was well supported and attended and a very worthy cause. Cian's field is a fitting tribute.
I was at training on Monday night and didn't see the parcity of numbers.
I have also attended Edendork's fundraisers and note another one is under way but would caution against having too many fundraisers as there is only so much goodwill and resources. It's about balance much more could be done but delighted to see the amount of youth being coached there also Monday night.

Tyronetim (Tyrone) - Posts: 1254 - 30/05/2012 10:47:31    1183445

Link

TheHedge 
I am surprised that you say you are an outsider looking in, as I don't no many outsiders that would travel to Glenelly to watch dungannon in a junior league game as previous posts have stated and take such interest in there players and affairs. My guess is your a disgruntled player that's not getting a look in and let me guess you don't like the manager (always some excuse).

There is no denying that as a club we need to improve on many things around the club and particularly embracing the local community much more and getting the youth teams numbers increased etc. But to say the Clarkes don't partake in enough fundraising in such a negative manner is laughable, you mention the fund raising efforts of the Hurlers and Edendork put the Clarkes to shame. They are both fundraising in a big way for a reason in Edendorks situation to pay for there great new clubhouse as the last was destroyed in a fire and the hurlers are trying to develop a whole new ground from scratch and fair play to both and good luck to them. 

Also you say the Golf Classic that they run does not appeal to the "working class" of lisnahull etc wise up will you it's a days craic weather you play golf or not and almost every club in the county has one to raise a few pounds and have a laugh. And also out of curiosity do all clubs in the county have fun BBQ days for families every year?

As an "outsider" looking in did you not noticed dungannon recently opened a brand new second floodlit football field? This came from Sport NI funding that members of the club worked hard to get! The club will get back on course but it would happen quicker if the men who stand around thinking they no it all dig in and get behind the cause instead of wishing bad on the club.

go_west (Tyrone) - Posts: 14 - 30/05/2012 12:37:10    1183580

Link

Well said go-west....................the Hedge would be better getting some extra training in to try to make the Clarkes team!

Tyrone0305 (Tyrone) - Posts: 46 - 30/05/2012 14:00:42    1183672

Link

westtyroneman would you ever quit babbling on about Dregish in every single post.

thehallion (Tyrone) - Posts: 63 - 31/05/2012 10:55:14    1184250

Link

Thoughts on this weekends fixtures?

mmdtc2011 (Tyrone) - Posts: 125 - 31/05/2012 17:17:04    1184727

Link

killyman v drumragh- killyman by 6
beragh v brackavilee- brackaville by 7
aghaloo v glenelly- aghaloo by 2
brockagh v dregish- dregish by 2
castlederg v fintona- fintona by 5
Dungannon v errigal- dungannon by 3
owen roes v drumquin- drumquin by 5

Getthepoints (Tyrone) - Posts: 3 - 31/05/2012 18:22:20    1184780

Link

Killyman v drumragh- killyman by 4
beragh v brackavilee- brackaville by 10+
aghaloo v glenelly- aghaloo by 5
Brocagh v dregish- brocagh by 2
castlederg v fintona- fintona by 5
Dungannon v errigal- dungannon by 5
owen roes v drumquin- drumquin by 3

mmdtc2011 (Tyrone) - Posts: 125 - 31/05/2012 20:14:21    1184851

Link

killyman v drumragh- killyman by 8
beragh v brackavilee- brackaville by 4
aghaloo v glenelly- aghaloo by 3
brockagh v dregish- Brockagh by 5
castlederg v fintona- fintona by 2
Dungannon v errigal- dungannon by 5
owen roes v drumquin- drumquin by 3

westtyroneman (Tyrone) - Posts: 78 - 01/06/2012 12:25:54    1185135

Link

thehallion
County: Tyrone

1184250 westtyroneman would you ever quit babbling on about Dregish in every single post.

In a forum, are you not free to talk about what you like and let other people have their say?? What is the point in me making comments about Aghaloo when I never get to see them for example?? I enjoy this forum because you get to hear about all teams in the county and as I have knowledge about most of the western and northern tyrone clubs it is good to hear about the Eastern and Southern teams. Is it not good for the smallest club in the county to be heard about as well??? If you want to criticise me for making comments mostly about Dregish there are many others on this forum who you could also criticise for focussing on their team.

westtyroneman (Tyrone) - Posts: 78 - 01/06/2012 12:33:25    1185143

Link

here here westtyroneman!!!

That hallion is just..........a hallion!!

sluddensdentist (Tyrone) - Posts: 120 - 01/06/2012 13:49:15    1185209

Link

Westtyroneman your last post is exactly right! I never really thought on commenting on the forum before now, I just always enjoyed reading the debates that goes on in it. But as this is a site for people to come on and share their views I thought I may throw my tuppence worth in.

League winners: Dungannon
playoff main contenders: Brackaville, Brocagh, aghaloo, Killyman, Glenelly, Newton and possibly fintona if they have the depth
Championship: Brackaville (killyman or brocagh as dark horses)

I still think it's too early in the year to make decisions on the end of year results but having a guess now is all part of the fun. Think the 2 week break will tell a tale on how teams use it e.g. step up training, rest, bond or arrange friendlys

Thepumaking (Tyrone) - Posts: 3 - 01/06/2012 15:10:27    1185287

Link

I think a few of the clubs will be using to 2 week break to get the sauce in, get it out of the system before the championship ball kicks in.

thehallion (Tyrone) - Posts: 63 - 01/06/2012 15:58:19    1185331

Link

When does the Championship draw take place?
Any stand out performances at the weekend, teams or individuals?

wiseman8 (Tyrone) - Posts: 288 - 04/06/2012 15:14:22    1186671

Link

Brackaville and Dungannon still flying...will either of them drop points before playing each other? I still think they will but it has not happened yet!

mmdtc2011 (Tyrone) - Posts: 125 - 05/06/2012 14:46:14    1187343

Link

04/06/2012 15:14:22
wiseman8
County: Tyrone

1186671 When does the Championship draw take place?
Any stand out performances at the weekend, teams or individuals?
C'ship draw this Thursday at the Club Tyrone bash. Live on radio

GrizzlyAdams (Tyrone) - Posts: 576 - 05/06/2012 18:22:34    1187577

Link

GrizzlyAdams

Do you know what time the draw is due to take place?

mmdtc2011 (Tyrone) - Posts: 125 - 07/06/2012 16:38:07    1189077

Link

Coverage will be on teamtalkmag radio from 9pm

GrizzlyAdams (Tyrone) - Posts: 576 - 07/06/2012 17:33:47    1189162

Link

Interesting draw - Game of the round is Dungannon and N'stewart closely followed by Aghaloo and Killyman! Brackaville have the easiest start of the top teams despite having to play in the preliminary round. Any thoughts on how this year's championship will play out?

mmdtc2011 (Tyrone) - Posts: 125 - 08/06/2012 09:20:22    1189484

Link

So the Championship draw has been made

Preliminary Rd. Drumragh vs. Brackaville

1st Rd. Glenelly vs Dregish
Castlederg vs Tattyreagh
Fintona vs Beragh
Drumquin vs E Ciaran III
N'stewart vs Dungannon
Winners of preliminary v Owen Roes
Aghaloo v Killyman
Clogher v Brocagh