Sligo Forum

Western Gaels

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Lads will you let the bloody thing ly for god sake.It looks to me that everyone from west Sligo has an "everyone hates us" attitude.If the guy was illegal then he was illegal,end of story.Yes it was a certain person who may have complained but as was mentioned in an earlier post here,he put in the complaint after the initial 3 days had lapsed hence he knew that the only thing that could happen was that the trophy could be taken from W Gaels but not given to Coolera.Call that sour grapes or whatever.If you ask the Coolera lads themselves they'll tell you that they wouldn't have wanted the trophy after being beaten so heavily in the final,who would.The complaint was investigated in a normal way and if it was W Gaels complaining about any other hurling club in Sligo it would have been investigated in the same way and the same punishments would have been handed out.It happened,its over so live with it,but for people to come on here and say thay no W Gaels player will turn out for the county this year is ridiculous.The sooner that hurling players in this county realise that to represent your county is an honour then maybe hurling might start going places.The sooner that players get the hatred for other players out of their heads then they might go places.If you dont want to test yourselves against the best players at your level,if you dont want to dream of winning a Rackard Cup(again for some lads) and enjoy the winning feeling of a win like that,if you dont want to prove yourself at a higher level and bust your ass to get promotion to 3A,if you dont enjoy the banter in the dressing room at training on a freezing evening in January,if you dont want the recognition of being a COUNTY player then they should be the reasons for not turning out for your county.To think of all the GAA players from all over the country who would give their right arm to play for their county and you guys come on here saying you wont play for your county again because of punishments handed out after the county final?????? Lads,get a grip,you'll be representing yourself,your family,your club and your colleagues on the team....not some fella/idiot that decided some guy was legal or not.Prove to people next year that you are rightfully county champions by your ability on the field...not turning out for your county is just petty and proves very little in my opinion.Put it behind you and move on,that's what people have to do in life in general on a daily basis,whyy should you be any different.Your career will be short enough without this kind of stuff making it even shorter.

ruben2 (Sligo) - Posts: 54 - 26/11/2010 15:38:42    823359

Link

The real final coolera had only geevagh lads playin and yes they wer legal and have ben playing with the club since 2008..western gaels however have st pats st farnans easkey enniscrone and ballina players playin..illegal much>? i think so..come round to yourselves all of ye..its givin sligo hurling a bad name it shud be droppped..western gaels shuddn hav had illegal players playin whici is why coolera put in the inquiry and dead right of them..regaurdless coolera would never have wanted to win the title that way never

july90 (Sligo) - Posts: 5 - 27/11/2010 14:39:22    823749

Link

From what I hear the reason western gales will not just leave it be and take their suspensions is because they are victims of lies and corruption.I think everyone here would agree that the truth should win out, hopefully this will happen at the DRA. Also from reading the previous posts it seems western gales players have a problem with the people running hurling in sligo not players from other clubs and while these people are involved i dont believe you will see western gales in with the county. Also one of the Coolera players was in fact playing with monorhamilton not so long ago.

leitrimpaddy (Leitrim) - Posts: 4 - 27/11/2010 17:54:40    823831

Link

The DRA met on thursday and meeting went in to the early hrs, it was adjourned until a latter date so not sure what the story is.

Sligonian (Sligo) - Posts: 1491 - 27/11/2010 20:11:41    823895

Link

I agree with lietrim paddy he hit the nail on the head but next week the TRUTH will come out and ruben can see whats goen on,and i dont know why people are sayn bout western gaels haven players down as far as st.pats,coolera have u-16 players up as far as dromore!

timmy1987 (Sligo) - Posts: 40 - 28/11/2010 16:53:21    824060

Link

Good man Timmy,i suppose you are on the county board.Another fool coming on here pretending that he knows everything about everything,the world is just full of that these days

ruben2 (Sligo) - Posts: 54 - 28/11/2010 21:21:20    824259

Link

I see you ve no essa wrote this time in reply(ruben) and as i said when this week is over&the DRA get the truth!,we l all know how much of a farce this thing is!&the depths some people were willn to go (BARE FACED LIES)to stop western gaels when they cudnt beat them on the field they l hopefully learn you cant beat them off it either!

timmy1987 (Sligo) - Posts: 40 - 29/11/2010 12:37:14    824417

Link

conor davey back training.. its looking good lads

bluewaffle (Sligo) - Posts: 61 - 29/11/2010 13:01:31    824431

Link

Timmy if you read my "essay" again you will note that the main point i was trying to make should be a player's reasons for not wanting to play with his county.I for one was delighted to see W Gaels win the county championship this year(i doubt you'll believe that but it's true).Look at the Eamon Fennell case in Dublin(he's a Dublin footballer in case you're not aware),his county board have rejected two of his transfers from O Tooles to St Vincents,he hasn't played club football in two years because of this yet he's not coming out and saying "i'm not going to play football for my county because of my county board are doing to me".Why? Because playing for his county means so much to him and he enjoys all of the reasons in my above post.Maybe there are lies being banded around and if you say there are then so be it.I have never stated that W Gaels didnt deserve to win neither have i stated that the trophy should be taken off them,i merely pointed out that this saga should have nothing to do with the player's reasons for not playing for their county in 2011.Time will tell anyway soon enough what kind of men they are.

ruben2 (Sligo) - Posts: 54 - 29/11/2010 15:22:19    824557

Link

Fair enough agree that they should be playen county and i guarntee if they were,sligo would be operaten in a higher division but the set up must be brutal,heard panel wasn,t cut tell eve of 1st league game (from 40to30!)they brought 6 fellas that cudnt even tog then all over the country to carry water!(why isnt it like football let the 6 just train until some1 gets injured)and fellas that hadnt trained at all started every game(if that isnt polictics!)while the fellas that trained since january got the line if they were lucky+was chatn to fellas from mayo claim frank brown is a money man 1st fella i ever heard taken 2 county teams at the same time (leitrim ladys aswell),funny enough though both teams did nothing.So all the above as fair bit to do with why there not goen in

timmy1987 (Sligo) - Posts: 40 - 29/11/2010 16:36:35    824618

Link

"Sligo hurling looked to on the crest of a wave in 2010", Cody has the Kilkenny hurlers back in training after seeing that post here. Just like Sligo football on a crest of a wave except it was the soccer team.

ontheroad (None) - Posts: 530 - 29/11/2010 19:01:43    824765

Link

Right Timmy this is my last post on this thread because your last post OBVIOUSLY proves that you know zero about hurling in Sligo,either that or you are being told blatant lies.Firstly,W Gaels lads DID play with the county last year,so to say that SLigo would be operating at a higher level if they were playing proves what you know.Like every other hurler in the county,W Gaels players turned up for a trial match and attended training diligently.The panel was cut one week before league as at that stage there were between 30 & 40 guys training and expenses could not be paid to that amount of players.Those that did not make the panel were invited to continue training(inc those from W Gaels) but strangely enough no one saw them again.EVERY county team in the country is only allowed to name 24 players on the programme,hence only 24 players get a jersey so obviously 6 guys are left that cant tog,so again you have been misinformed.I would like for you to name the lads that you say hadn't trained at all,because again you will be proved wrong.Any guy living/working in Dublin made training when they could and were training with a particular club in Dublin which im sure you are not aware of(which would be a surprise if you didnt know it considering how well informed you are).To say Sligo hurlers got nowhere when they got to the semi final of the championship they played in and lost to the eventual winners of the competition and also held there div 3 status for 2011 despite a horrendous amount of injuries is yet again proof of what you know about Sligo hurling.Funny enough the best year the hurlers ever had was 3 yrs ago when they won the Nicky Rackard without what club players eh eh dare i say it??? Now,may i remind you that Christmas is only around the corner and Santa needs all children's letters asap as to what they want,so get writing.You might want to get your facts straight before you come onto public threads and making a fool of yourself.

ruben2 (Sligo) - Posts: 54 - 29/11/2010 19:43:43    824808

Link

Get over it boys

hksapexi (Sligo) - Posts: 36 - 04/12/2010 15:21:03    827591

Link

to answer leitrim paddy question dat lad in question has played for manorhamilton till last year . this is his first year playing for coolera and yes its all legitate . i hope for hurling in sligo that everyone can move on and concreate playing for their club next year and county if asked upon to do so , this fiasco has dragged on long enough .westerngaels beat coolera on the day no doubt about it whats done is done better to look ahead than in the past

hurler007 (Sligo) - Posts: 4 - 04/12/2010 18:42:29    827647

Link

"Whats done is done" its all well and gud sayn that.its easy to know the people saying that wont be playn hurling again til the spring.While WGaels have to concentrate on playn a connaught semi-final propably Sun 9th of January I heard from somebody!!!!!!they wont have much time for county trainin but if they do go will they get the same treatment as Calry for ex and youl love this RUBEN playn all the WGAELS for a half and mixing them after.Its all a joke tho,We shouldnt be where we are.I cant wait for the games next year tho.Thats about the hilite.........

country87 (Sligo) - Posts: 16 - 09/12/2010 09:42:12    829972

Link

Any update on DRA hearing......last I heard they had adjourned and were to meet again. Did they ? Any result ?

Tommy Murphy (Sligo) - Posts: 176 - 14/12/2010 14:19:36    832662

Link

whats story here? Have gaels won appeal? this is dragging on.

joe1999 (Sligo) - Posts: 18 - 17/12/2010 14:08:15    834493

Link

Any update on this???

Burrishoole (Mayo) - Posts: 320 - 30/12/2010 17:14:52    838140

Link

Western Gaels to know their fate next Tuesday night?

Burrishoole (Mayo) - Posts: 320 - 13/01/2011 18:05:09    845762

Link

Decisions are one thing,what happens if it is upheld!!!where would that leave w.gaels,costs must be big getting the wigs involved??

greencap (Sligo) - Posts: 6 - 14/01/2011 21:14:43    846650

Link