Leitrim Forum

The Year Ahead

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Another thing Sean Hagan said in his interview when asked would wynne be back to leitrim after he finishes with GMIT

Hagans reply was he can't wait to get him back to leitrim after the FBD and sigerson

And that the doors were open for new players to the panel

And that the entire panel was in competition for starting places

This is great news because down trough the years alot of lads even team mates of my own were happy enough to just make the panel and go round wearing the gear

Thats all good and well but it's about making the team and performing not getting gear

LIATROIM ABU

94allstar (Leitrim) - Posts: 1737 - 06/01/2014 17:14:02    1528271

Link

lads we take any sort of win, by 1 point or 20 points

the main thing is we have a squad and a clean slate for everyone

Galway away will be a huge test and maybe one we wont be expected to win, lets see how we go

If connor beirne doesnt come back we need someone with a bit of guile and power at 14 do we have anyone within the county this year that could play that roll

Interesting to see mcrann out the field, is he good enough to hold his place there?

still plenty work to be done the promise is there

UniGaa (National) - Posts: 694 - 07/01/2014 13:22:18    1528509

Link

More ridiculous posts from 94allstar. Your credibility at this stage is non existant.

Dan_Toal (Leitrim) - Posts: 233 - 07/01/2014 14:10:48    1528529

Link

Don't get too carried away lads. Jeez. When we beat the sheep shaggers. We can be positive. But hold your fire till then. Forget about Conor beirne if he isn't back. No point dragging someone half hearted into it. Also is Mossy gettin married the day before the championship. How will that affect the beirnes.

Ouryear (Leitrim) - Posts: 257 - 07/01/2014 14:16:16    1528532

Link

Ouryear.not a very nice comment re re the Beirnes.
They are hard working young men and shouldnt have to read this type of rubbish from a hurler on tbe ditch.
For the record Mossy is training

joeman123 (Leitrim) - Posts: 159 - 07/01/2014 14:40:08    1528552

Link

Joeman so it's not okay to mention these players yet it's okay to drag other players through the mud either here or by other means of social media?

ball girl (Leitrim) - Posts: 194 - 07/01/2014 15:35:02    1528591

Link

Ballgirl no its not alright to drag any Leitrim player in to the media.
There has been too much comment about these lads and other prominent playetd too.This is very unfair.
it is ok to comment on how they perform on the playing field but anything above that is totallt unacceptable.

joeman123 (Leitrim) - Posts: 159 - 07/01/2014 16:01:55    1528605

Link

as said above leave the slagging in the past

think about the solution, if connor isnt interested then let him off, if mossy wasnt training would hagan throw him on as a sub

my shout would be have maxwell on the bench if needed throw him in also if needed, villatown might agree or disagree but we do need someone at 14 that has a game change in his locker, is emmett mahon good enough, heard he was training with the squad will he make the final cut?

UniGaa (National) - Posts: 694 - 07/01/2014 16:09:49    1528612

Link

Nothing wrong with that statement Joe.

Ouryear (Leitrim) - Posts: 257 - 07/01/2014 16:15:14    1528616

Link

Id agree with unigaa

I don't see how a players wedding has anything to do with our fbd or league campaign

When I was under 12 we won the schools mini7 and u12 the same year and our then manager always told me take it a game at a time

I can gladly sit and have a pint with him now 12 years on having respect for him knowing without him I wouldnt have as many medals as I do

@Dan toal are you training Friday?

94allstar (Leitrim) - Posts: 1737 - 07/01/2014 16:49:52    1528636

Link

Agree about maxwell for sure.

He's still a class act.

Ouryear (Leitrim) - Posts: 257 - 07/01/2014 17:10:26    1528649

Link

@ballgirl I do believe a black card rule was introduced on the 1st of the month

That should eliminate the men from the game and allow the pets to continue grooming

And I cannot see a few retired people involved in leitrim co board influencing social media

Social medial is every person in the world who has internet access

It's instant as something happens it appears there and then good or bad right or wrong

My generation agree with it however I would imagine a retired civil servant who went to school with a slate and a piece of chalk may have difficulties in catching up with the times

Mind you I did always enjoy a good hard tackle myself pity it's not allowed on the field anymore

94allstar (Leitrim) - Posts: 1737 - 07/01/2014 18:09:38    1528676

Link

Question ?

Is dying your hair blonde considered grooming?

Everyone is entitled to their opinions. Isn't it great that so many care about our county team and it's progression. However as usual Conor you seem to miss the point. The slander that goes on here and on other sites is anonymous which in my opinion is quite cowardly. And it's not just about aforementioned players. You have been very vocal in your abuse at one of your own club men which is low.

Hudhastings (Leitrim) - Posts: 87 - 07/01/2014 18:32:57    1528684

Link

Answer

Willie Joe padden

Conor Mortimer

Ciaran McDonald

Owen mulligan

All up there in the line out of the GAA top forwards

All die their hair blonde

5 of this Years Ulster minor champions on the monaghan team had their hair blonde as did 3 of the Tyrone minors

Along with about 20 different players in leitrim clubs at all levels from grown men to teenagers

I wouldnt call it grooming

It seems very influential amongst the ladies especially in the gym

Id also be a fan of bodily cleanliness such as waxing

Hygiene plays a huge Part within the GAA

Although I wouldnt go as far as you have stayed hudhastings

Anyone who knows me well enough knows its merely harmless banter

Which I do believe a minority are unfavorable to but the majority say 99% enjoy young and old

LIATROIM Abu

94allstar (Leitrim) - Posts: 1737 - 07/01/2014 19:00:02    1528698

Link

Unfortunately opinions cannot always be positive.

However away from all that. I believe we have a serious chance of beating Roscommon in the summer. I'm not all that positive about getting out of div 4. We aren't any way consistent enough. But I've my fingers crossed.

Ouryear (Leitrim) - Posts: 257 - 07/01/2014 19:53:15    1528726

Link

@ouryear take it 1 game at a time

We are 10-15 games away from the 18th of may

Id agree after this weekend it looks like we could take them

But don't forget last summer roscommon held Tyrone to a 2 point game

Id like to see what team Hagan experiments this weekend as his trial position changes seem to be a good idea

Also good to see the ballinamore keeper farrelly back as he was 2nd choice to McCrann before Brendan Flynn replaced him because of injury

Division 2 and 4 are the hardest divisions to come out of

I think if we can cross Antrim and hold our own for full games we can do it

Previous years we went out strong went a few points up on Clare tipp fermanagh and Wicklow only to let the lead slip in the second half

If we can keep the throttle pressed fully down in the second half we are well able to pass these teams

And if the dugout is as strong as it was last Sunday and the fitness levels are up confidencewwill insure success

94allstar (Leitrim) - Posts: 1737 - 07/01/2014 20:10:46    1528738

Link

Ah I know well 94. But no harm being confident. Yeah great to see farrelly back. He has a great kickout and is a sound lad. Thought Flynn did grand in fairness but it's great to have lots of options.

Ouryear (Leitrim) - Posts: 257 - 07/01/2014 20:24:16    1528747

Link

Why are supporters in the county happy with winning one championship game the whole year, most people on here who talk about football would love for us to beat the Rossies then don't care about getting hammered in a final against Mayo. We need to seriously rebuilt the team, get out of Div 4 and improve our game, for too long now we are finishing 3rd or 4th from the bottom, championship games should be a bonus until we get promoted, realistically we are no where near competing with the top 20 teams in the country. This weekend give another 7/8 lads a run out and build a good squad of 30/35 players there is no point going back to the likes of Maxwell, great player but its doing nothing for the future of our football

MouseMat (Leitrim) - Posts: 89 - 08/01/2014 12:34:47    1528900

Link

mouse mat, division 4 is one hard group to get out of, given our form on the road and the way our squad changes year on year the championship gives us some hope if we get the sheep or sligo, a championship win puts it up to players not on the panel and shows them what winning can be like, look at the celebrations v sligo a couple of years back you thought we had won sam that day, I would aim to get out of division 4 next year, when maybe antrim tipp and clare are gone, antrim have a point to prove and seem to be getting their rebels back with baker in charge, clare bolstered by the cratloe contingent wont be easy down there too, tipp and their recent underage success are no mugs, so there are 3 teams a bit more established than ourselves, swap 2 of them for the larries, offaly or the sheep and we have a more realistic chance in 2015, this gives Hagan the chance to get his team settled, dont get me wrong i would love to see us get out of div 4 this year, as said before win our 3 home games and we have a chance, I would expect us to win in ruislip so we are looking for one other win somewhere. The championship we owe the ewes a good beating then we have mayo in carrick, nothing to lose but not expected to win either, the lads will want to test themselves against a team of that calibre and see what the gap is.

as for saying maxwell is too old, who else can fill that void until more under age comes through? Shane foley is back what age is he? If your still performing early 30s then why not, look at one of our best ever servants Mickey Martin what age did he play until.

Lets get behind the lads properly they are a good bunch and there is potential.

Cut the personal attacks out on posters and board members the chance was there to change the personnell and it wasnt taken, yes some people are career gaa men but until people are prepared to start that change which needs to be from within their own clubs in the first place,we have to make do with what we have, yes the odd perk is associated with volunteering but count the number of man hours the volunteer puts in, is some small reward not valid.

UniGaa (National) - Posts: 694 - 08/01/2014 13:33:09    1528947

Link

In fairness I don't think anyone said they'd be happy with one championship win

Ouryear (Leitrim) - Posts: 257 - 08/01/2014 13:44:15    1528955

Link