Leitrim Forum

Club championship 13

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Its time the county board where made sit up and take notice. You can't keep putting the the boot in.

Villatown (Leitrim) - Posts: 892 - 10/08/2013 15:00:14    1458134

Link

That's grand.
Drumreilly do not have grounds for complaint.
It's a 3 way tie and the head to head can't seperate them so it goes to score difference.
Drumreilly finish bottom.
They are in the relegation.
That decision will be upheld.
What a waste of time.

down.on.it (Leitrim) - Posts: 73 - 10/08/2013 15:01:47    1458136

Link

it doesnt mattter who plays either drumreilly or bors as both will be knocked out in the quarters anyway!

harleys (Leitrim) - Posts: 285 - 10/08/2013 15:05:05    1458140

Link

Drumreilly lost and they should be in the relegation final because it is bot senior championship unless drumreilly are in the relegation playoff! Its tradition that they get to the relegation final, play an equally bad team, scrape a win and then say that they could have won the whole competition! Up Sean o heslins!

CannaboManjina (Leitrim) - Posts: 28 - 10/08/2013 15:11:04    1458142

Link

I suggest a play off between Annaduff and Drumreilly the winner then plays Bornacoola.

Villatown (Leitrim) - Posts: 892 - 10/08/2013 15:28:35    1458158

Link

The Rule 6.20 (5) (c) (ii)-(iv) states: "Where Teams finish with equal points for Qualification for the Concluding stages or for Promotion or Relegation, the tie shall be decided by the following means and in the order specified:

(i) Where two Teams only are involved - the outcome of the meeting of the two teams in the previous game in the competition;

(ii) Scoring Difference (subtracting the total Scores Against from total Scores For);

(iii) Highest Total Score For;

(iv) A Play-Off.

Drumreilly finished level on points with Allen Gaels and Annaduff in their group and were placed fourth in the group on the basis that their scoring difference was minus 19 as opposed to minus 10 for Annaduff and minus one for Allen Gaels.

down.on.it (Leitrim) - Posts: 73 - 10/08/2013 15:43:33    1458168

Link

Drumreilly are really doing themselves no favours with this one. Numpties for even making this complaint a full week after the conclusion of the group stage and not withstanding that the rules are clear.

Square_B (Leitrim) - Posts: 124 - 10/08/2013 16:01:20    1458188

Link

My opinion short and sweet

Drumrielly are entitled to a playoff v annaduff

Time for a new county board maybe people that actually play the game should organise the fixtures

And lastly fair play to drumrielly for standing up to them

94allstar (Leitrim) - Posts: 1737 - 10/08/2013 16:29:56    1458208

Link

No they're not.

'Where TWO TEAMS ONLY are involved'

3 teams finished on level points.

Square_B (Leitrim) - Posts: 124 - 10/08/2013 16:52:42    1458226

Link

Why should they playoff v annaduff, why not Allen Gaels.
I will tell you why, it is because the rules say that they finish bottom and therefore go into the relegation playoffs.
What is wrong with people.
Can you not follow or understand the simple rules that are there.

Can't see how implementing the rules is the county boards fault or even seen as a problem
It's not the boards fault some people are incapable of basic functional literacy or numeracy and can't comprehend what happens when this sort of situation arises.

On a similar point I heard aghawillan went hell for leather v Mary's thinking that if they won by 2 points they would have gone through.
The dogs on the street knew they were out and no combinations of results would have seen them go through.
What seems to be the issue. Are people not able to understand the rules/regulations on this.

I think we might have to go back to simple knock out structure.
Hopefully all clubs can understand that simple concept but I wouldn't hold my breath judging by what people on this forum are spewing.

This is a real shame for all clubs as it will hold the whole lot up again.
Tut tut Drumreilly

down.on.it (Leitrim) - Posts: 73 - 10/08/2013 17:16:48    1458245

Link

Down.On.It you wanted it explained as far as people understood it and now you bashing everyone's literacy and numeracy skills? You can't even spell Aughawillan correctly.

Come on..

On a side note I heard that Aughawillan were under that impression also.. very strange that they would be led to believe that impossible scenario was true.

Hard to know what way DRA will resolve this.. given there is three teams involved, score difference will be used as the second tie breaker and Drumreilly will remain in the Relegation Semi's

No Quarter Finals at any rate next weekend, a few pints in comfort tonight!

Dodgy_Pass (Leitrim) - Posts: 321 - 10/08/2013 17:34:49    1458264

Link

Its the beauty of a democracy all will be resolved in a week so no major hold up. Some players don't need a free weekend to hit the beer Dodgy_Pass :D

Villatown (Leitrim) - Posts: 892 - 10/08/2013 17:52:23    1458284

Link

Sorry for the spelling.

Ok, I might have been a little hasty there on that.
I just can not understand how drumreilly can't interpret the rule correctly.
Is there another factor at play.
Are they buying time for the return of an injured player or one that is suspended.

They're far from stupid and they're indeed cuter than anybody would give them credit for.
Something fishy going on here and the rest of the county suffers.

down.on.it (Leitrim) - Posts: 73 - 10/08/2013 18:01:23    1458290

Link

Well atleast we can enjoy the festival

If the 3 teams finished level on points

Tell me which 2 teams scored the higher amount of goals

That would put the whole thing to bed if there even was goals scored!

94allstar (Leitrim) - Posts: 1737 - 10/08/2013 18:42:36    1458307

Link

This is a mess. The rules are clear about the order in which selection is made between teams finishing level on points. It seems a clear abuse of process by Drumreilly.

JimMorrisson (Leitrim) - Posts: 309 - 10/08/2013 19:48:56    1458333

Link

This whole mess could have been avoided by a simple fact. Round 3 of the group games should be played at the same time, In other words Drumreilly/Manor should have been played at the same time as Allen Gaels/Annaduff. It would have meant that the 4 clubs would have had to play the game at full tilt for qualifying for the q/fs and avoiding relegation but no the brilliant county board played the Manor/Drumreilly game on Sat evening meaning then Allen Gaels knew they had made the quarters and didn't have to try against the Duff the following day. That is wholly unfair on any club trying to do things right. Last round of games in each group should be played simultaneously, removes the argument for collusion and teams not trying.

bananapublican (Leitrim) - Posts: 862 - 11/08/2013 12:28:05    1458545

Link

Not true.
If they were beaten by a few more points it would have been they (Allen Gaels) not annaduff in that playoff.

down.on.it (Leitrim) - Posts: 73 - 11/08/2013 12:49:39    1458557

Link

Yes but they knew prior to going on to the field what they had to do, that seems an unfair advantage to have in competition where each club has only 3 games.

bananapublican (Leitrim) - Posts: 862 - 11/08/2013 13:19:03    1458587

Link

No teams go out to lose in Chapionship and Allen Gaels certainly didn't! They were beating Annaduff 1-4 to 2 points but Annaduff rallied.
Can't understand Drumreilly, it's black and white how group placings is determined. We can all play the blame game but the bottom line is it was in there hands when they played Manor, they made a mess of it and we're hoping Allen Gaels would beat Annaduff which they didn't. What team puts their destiny in the hands of another. They messed up so they should take there medicine!!

Nelson (Leitrim) - Posts: 141 - 11/08/2013 14:11:05    1458638

Link

It is not in their own hands because psychologically it was not a level playing field, Annaduff knew exactly what they had to do before the game. If word comes from the other game that Drumreilly were up in it then annaduff have a different mountain to climb in their game. Small things effect results and in my opinion both games should be played at the same time and nothing anyone is going to say here is going to change my mind. In all other team sports where league standings matter that is the norm. Once again our county drags it's heels in doing things right. It is such a simple thing to run right I can't understand the logic of our county board again.

bananapublican (Leitrim) - Posts: 862 - 11/08/2013 15:07:48    1458694

Link