Leitrim Forum

Club championship 13

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

I did see the Ballinamore v Drumahair game and Drumahair were hung over from a stag. The fact is these lads go missing in big games. Manor in tbe league along with aughawillan and drumreilly in tbe league they were nowhere to be seen.

It's a shame to say it but that's the truth. And I'm from south Leitrim and find it hard to say.

Ouryear (Leitrim) - Posts: 257 - 03/09/2013 20:48:50    1474513

Link

League football is miles apart from championship for most clubs

The general jist of it is to go out win 4/5 games put up a decent amount of points to finish safe in div 1

Normally never the same team play twice as regards lineout with injuries lads away and what not

myself am very surprised at Soh and drumahaire both playing division 1 football and neither got to the intermediate final

Especially drumahaire after almost winning it last summer in ballinamore

We now have a division 3 team in the final and a second club team and a team that moved down to division 2 battling it out on the other side

We all got it wrong and again well done eslin

94allstar (Leitrim) - Posts: 1737 - 03/09/2013 21:35:51    1474569

Link

League football is miles apart from championship for most clubs

The general jist of it is to go out win 4/5 games put up a decent amount of points to finish safe in div 1

Normally never the same team play twice as regards lineout with injuries lads away and what not

myself am very surprised at Soh and drumahaire both playing division 1 football and neither got to the intermediate final

Especially drumahaire after almost winning it last summer in ballinamore

We now have a division 3 team in the final and a second club team and a team that moved down to division 2 battling it out on the other side

We all got it wrong and again well done eslin

94allstar (Leitrim) - Posts: 1737 - 03/09/2013 21:43:17    1474579

Link

It is miles apart Allstar but you brought up the league.

The intermediate is anybody's now really of the 3 but I fancy glenfarne.

Ouryear (Leitrim) - Posts: 257 - 03/09/2013 21:51:25    1474587

Link

Ah how easy an argument can be started on this site and all because of the 4 players!!! Thanks for starting my day with a smile lads! Look Intermediate has be renowned for years of been extremely difficult to get out of once you go down, I never fancied Dromahair this year or any year in fact even when they had the county lads, Conlon never really preforms for his club the way he does for Leitrim!! Ballinamore, well thats just them down to a tee, always has been, they thought they had Intermediate won as soon as the final whistle went in the Relegation Final last year all because McKeon was back this year, I'm afraid he can't make up for all the other weaknesses around him!! Although Congrats have to go out to Eslin they are a poor side who rely completely on Tómas and Conor, even if Higgins is towered over Mossy he'd never lace his boots. Glenfarne on the other hand deserve every right to be there, they put it up to most Div 1 teams last year, have been to nearly every semi last 5 years and are a very balanced team not relying on many stars, although Clancy back from Canada is a huge addition... I think after the showing of the County Seniors this year you would wonder what kind of Championship this year would be and the Senior Final needs to be a strong showing and I think Mohill vs St. Mary's could be a great final and show that Senior football is not all that bad in Leitrim....!

MouseMat (Leitrim) - Posts: 89 - 04/09/2013 09:08:47    1474630

Link

Senior football isn't bad in south leitrim mousemat

You have mohill always trying their best to put it up to Mary's

Gortletteragh have come back to their rightful selves in top end senior football

Teams like Allen geals kiltubrid carrigallen are rebuilding younger fitter stronger teams offloading the older baggage

And the likes of annaduff on a good day an still beat a good team

The current bottom 3 bornacoola willies and drumrielly have work to Do but if a draw went their way like the willies last year they could end up in a semi

The lower end of the championship is too hard to call this year drumrielly are always competitive at this if only they could put in the fight early on they would be in senior county finals

94allstar (Leitrim) - Posts: 1737 - 04/09/2013 09:26:53    1474647

Link

Standard is nothing compared to other counties, thus the County Team is affected!! Manor dominated Leitrim football for the past few years yet could not win a game in the province. Mohill will be a team for the future as will St. Mary's with their numbers, as for the teams you mentioned including Gortlettragh i'm sure if they are as strong as people think, more to do with a poor championship, Bornacoola beat the Willies, the willies were 4/5 points up against Gort with a min to go to throw it away, Drumreilly beat Annaduff and then Gort just battle past the duff. Its nice to see that a new team from the last 5 years will win it but it is still poor overall

MouseMat (Leitrim) - Posts: 89 - 04/09/2013 11:08:31    1474779

Link

Don't forget when Mary's went out into connacht 10 years ago

And kiltubrid narrowly beaten by the current allireland champions

The problem was manor dominated they shouldn't have been let

No more than Melvin geals

It wasn't skill or class football they mindwashed other clubs into thinking they were a force

Mohill and gortletteragh have had some first class underage teams in the past few years

Manachans and gortenagh they now need to keep the cogs turning bring on the players to senior level and continue being a force in underage

A winning mindset won crossmaglen rangers county Ulster and allireland club titles

No reason the likes of mohill Mary's or gortletteragh couldn't use crossmaglen rangers as a template to follow

94allstar (Leitrim) - Posts: 1737 - 04/09/2013 12:27:07    1474875

Link

The standard isn't good. Manor dominated because the rest were poor teams. And most still are. Mary's are the best chance the county have of progressing in Connacht as they have a decent pick and decent squad. I still think they'd do very little damage in Connacht if they win the championship.

Ouryear (Leitrim) - Posts: 257 - 04/09/2013 15:16:50    1475090

Link

Not taking away from the exciting encounters ahead in the semis, but whats ahead for aughavas football after being relegated to juniorA, is there any light at the end of the tunnel?

celticdemon (Leitrim) - Posts: 18 - 04/09/2013 15:41:43    1475116

Link

They can represent leitrim in the connacht junior club championships being the only first team in that category apart from st osnatts

94allstar (Leitrim) - Posts: 1737 - 04/09/2013 16:10:27    1475153

Link

We need to let mickey Quinn, Declan darcy, Seamus Quinn et al loose on the women of Leitrim. Something akin to rams off a trailer around October time. Then, all going well , we will have a serious team in about 18-20 years time. It's a simple solution really. Training methods , shoulders to wheels, crossmaglen template how are ya !!!

coppers.abu (Leitrim) - Posts: 89 - 04/09/2013 21:31:28    1475412

Link

Hahaha! Mindwashed! you are a ticket 94 your easily lead astray boy.

bugsie (Leitrim) - Posts: 178 - 05/09/2013 12:01:29    1475606

Link

If all I hear is true bugsie the rushes are going to be let grow on the pitches in manor kinlough and drumahaire

No point in cutting them

94allstar (Leitrim) - Posts: 1737 - 05/09/2013 16:08:53    1475914

Link

I think posters are being harsh on Dromahair. They have had to play the whole championship campaign without their two county men. You take your best players away from any team and you'll struggle. Granted it shouldn't have stopped Dromahair beating an Eslin team that sit behind their second string in the league but that's that for another year.Definitely concentrated too much on Conor Beirne while forgetting the other lads could solo a bit...disappointing..

fresherman (Leitrim) - Posts: 218 - 05/09/2013 18:04:10    1476013

Link

Eddie 1

From a county team point of view one performance stood out over the weekend.
That was Ronan Gallagher the Mohill midfielder who was injured last year
He is a totally committed player and if he keeps injury free
will be a huge addition to the problematic midfield area.
If Daniel Lowe is also available then we have a very good midfield.
Shane Quinn the other Mohill midfielder should be brought into
the county panel with John Mulligan Mohill and Padraig g
Gallagher Gortletteragh. James Clancy,St Mary's was very impressive
and still has a lot to offer the county team.

Whoever is appointed co manager is going to have the best panel
in a long time.

Up Leitrim

Eddie 1

Eddie1 (Leitrim) - Posts: 216 - 08/09/2013 09:15:36    1477366

Link

Ah come on now Eddie, lets not lose the run of ourselves completely!

Jimmy_McNulty (Leitrim) - Posts: 56 - 08/09/2013 15:02:42    1477533

Link

Aughawillian and Bornacoola will be praying for a Manor win in the Intermediate

Villatown (Leitrim) - Posts: 892 - 08/09/2013 19:11:38    1477729

Link

Good win for drumrielly today 8 points

Is the relegation final in senior on hold until the inter county final is played?

94allstar (Leitrim) - Posts: 1737 - 08/09/2013 19:47:32    1477760

Link

Any truth in the rumour that if Eslin go up senior, and don't get promoted to division 2 then they aren't allowed go up because you aren't allowed play two divisions higher!

skippy11 (Leitrim) - Posts: 80 - 08/09/2013 20:06:24    1477780

Link