Leitrim Forum

League 2013

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

This craic went on last year in D2 with teams getting a shot a promotion only for some clubs to give walk overs. . what have the county board learned SFA!! clubs should be fined heavily for not honouring games or else it just makes a mockery of the entire process!! Looks like drumkeerin will get promoted without playing Cloone. . who are no bad side!! sure it would leave a bad taste in Allen gaels mouth with this having happened them and Drumkeerin last year!!

Familydad89 (Leitrim) - Posts: 32 - 22/10/2013 12:11:11    1504302

Link

I agree, a complete joke. But I wouldnt waste time on the matter as the same will happen next year. Leitrim county board needs a revamp!

Frawnci3 (Leitrim) - Posts: 63 - 22/10/2013 14:57:15    1504414

Link

I see where the last round of D1 fixtures have been cancelled which is a great idea if you ask me as no one would field teams when relegation and the final was decided anyway

Villatown (Leitrim) - Posts: 892 - 22/10/2013 15:04:24    1504420

Link

League finals this weekend. What are people's opinions on who will win them? I am going with manor and Drumkeerin

lugdrum (Leitrim) - Posts: 234 - 29/10/2013 14:50:23    1507058

Link

Drumkeeran v Ned will be a tough call

If Ned has the full team out they might win it by a point or 2

Weather conditions will have alot to do with both games

Mohill are hungry and manor want revenge

Should make for a great game if the right ref is on the pitch

Manor with a full panel should pull it off being sore after the championship defeat

But mohill will be sore after losing the county final

If paddy Maguire is fit and Gerry hickey plays along with croal and Bruno then manor probably will do it

94allstar (Leitrim) - Posts: 1737 - 29/10/2013 15:52:52    1507094

Link

i would say manor and ned whats the odds in pyramid

UniGaa (National) - Posts: 694 - 29/10/2013 16:08:34    1507110

Link

Mohill 2/1

Manor evs

Drumkeeran evs

Ned 1/2

Just now

94allstar (Leitrim) - Posts: 1737 - 29/10/2013 17:15:58    1507145

Link

The early second half goal got Ned across the line

That must be the first cup and medals that set of players has won in the last decade

Anyway fair play to them in division 1 next year along with drumkeeran

It will be good to see how many of both teams panels stick around or emigrate

As for the mohill and manor game both teams jotted in and out of the game

Mohill made a good comeback after half time but let it slip in the last quarter

Lucky to come out of it with a replay

Manor in my opinion only a shadow of the team they once were

2-4 years ago the game would have been over after 10 minutes

Replay is still a tough call

Armstrong going off was a loss to mohill

94allstar (Leitrim) - Posts: 1737 - 03/11/2013 17:14:56    1508712

Link

Great credit to both teams yesterday. Well done to all. Replay will be hard to call. If Ronan gallagher and Donal Flynn are fit to start for Mohill it will be a huge bonus for them. On the other hand Paddy Maguire returned for Manor so he too will benefit from the extra week or two. Danny Beck will feel hard done by.

june68 (Leitrim) - Posts: 68 - 04/11/2013 10:29:29    1508932

Link

I think the loss if young armstrong and the last 15 minutes was mohillby downfall jimmy

This could be the one that got away manor will be hard bet the second day out

Gallagher and Flynn may be options but beck?????

Again I will point out the position of a back is marking his man on the back or half back line not 50 or 60 yards up the field waving to the crowd while the man your ment to be marking is below at the other end scoring enough to win 2 games because he is unmarked

Mohill have a few county standard players in the making they're a bit young but will grow into a jersey

Mcloughlan Quinn mulligan tighe that's about it

No point making someone out to be a hero when it's plain to see they're not

94allstar (Leitrim) - Posts: 1737 - 05/11/2013 10:25:11    1509335

Link

Site to see Dublin playing they're championship final 3 days after playing the first game with extra time!
Makes you wonder why Leitrim can't have extra time after a league final and then don't play it for a couple of weeks! The. U 21 is being pushed back now iswell!
Think the county board should take a long look at the master plan for the coming season!

sl4 (Leitrim) - Posts: 18 - 07/11/2013 11:37:44    1510243

Link

I think the county board should take a long look at the door on their way out and close it behind them

The weather conditions are no where near suitable for football unless you want broken bones and good players injured for next season

94allstar (Leitrim) - Posts: 1737 - 07/11/2013 12:06:16    1510269

Link

The league has now followed the path of the shield

Play a few challenge type games and abandon the final

Nowhere else in the GAA woild this happen

Dublin are allireland champions and apart from Vincent's in the Leinster club championship

All their football is over and players are getting a rest

Leitrim were the first team to be humiliated in the championship

27 points 5 months ago and our league still isnt over

It's high time we got a new CCC - secretary- chairperson - vice chairperson

Meath have 3 times as many clubs as leitrim and their football is over

94allstar (Leitrim) - Posts: 1737 - 16/11/2013 10:40:34    1514004

Link

Have to agree with you 94. long year for players, mentors and die hard supporters alike. It will be interesting to see if Sean Hagan holds up the club calendar for the League games. We must ensure our club players get lots of games in the season designed for football. The club players and the overall standard are the major losers from the past few years of trying to protect the county panel. Also the Shield is a joke. Abandon it as a competition unless as a midweek competition during the summer to replace challenge games.

bananapublican (Leitrim) - Posts: 862 - 16/11/2013 16:41:21    1514083

Link

Yes we do need a new secretary and chairman and c c c.Under 21 at the semi final spot this weekend,next weekend is the league final replay and the following weekend the under 21 final so now we are in december.It is far to long of a season for players to keep training,and playing in bad weather and bad pitches.It is time to restructure our league and play the under 21 in june and july where there is no football games and scrap the shield that has not been finished in 2 years.

saintly (Leitrim) - Posts: 536 - 16/11/2013 18:36:02    1514109

Link

I can't see why the shield isn't played out in the last 2 weeks of January and the month of February

Then start the league early march and have the 5 league finals in may

This is normal practice in almost every other county along with playing all games bar senior during the week

County players don't play the club league in most other counties so that isn't a valid excuse for holding it up

The championship should be played out in June July and august when the county isn't playing any weekend

Also normal practice in every other county

Junior championships are also played at group stages during the week in other counties

U21 should be played out in late September finished mid October

If counties like Meath can do this with over 70 clubs and kildare alike I don't see what's the problem in leitrim with 27 clubs that's including amalgamated clubs

The mohill and manor lads won't get a break worth talking about this winter and just wait and see how many players both clubs fall victim to injury as a result next January and February

Even the likes of bridgits of kiltoom get a month - 6 weeks off around Christmas and they're competing for provincial titles and allireland club titles

94allstar (Leitrim) - Posts: 1737 - 16/11/2013 21:43:37    1514183

Link

I agree with everything 94 says its a disgrace to still have games been played this time of year.

Villatown (Leitrim) - Posts: 892 - 17/11/2013 11:36:30    1514252

Link