Leitrim Forum

Leitrim Inter-County 2020

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

One to watch for this campaign: Jason Ward
Was unlucky last year with injuries which kept him out for a spell but by the looks of things he's back flying early doors this year. Keep an eye! Could be one for the future!

BuzzGoesOnHa14 (Leitrim) - Posts: 4 - 07/01/2020 18:56:54    2258032

Link

Replying To Buffegan:  "I agree with u completely can't believe such a talent was overlooked, especially for the u20s"
It's a pity buff ...

Shaggyboiii69 (Leitrim) - Posts: 5 - 07/01/2020 21:08:16    2258057

Link

Leitrim are useless and will be easily defeated in time due to the thing. Bye bye colllaaaaa

hidepork (Roscommon) - Posts: 20 - 07/01/2020 22:48:44    2258089

Link

Roscommon only beat Sligo by 4 points last week, they aren't taking the FBD seriously this year it seems and are just using the competition to try out new players.

This is ideal opportunity for Leitrim playing at home to reach a FBD Final and mini boost going into the the Div 3 league.

Gaa_lover (USA) - Posts: 2485 - 08/01/2020 00:41:17    2258113

Link

Reported that leitrim are missing as many as 10 players this weekend for various reasons. We would need a full strenght team to have a chance of beating an under strenght roscommon team y fortunately the gap is that big at the min.

Champotime18 (Leitrim) - Posts: 196 - 08/01/2020 10:38:19    2258143

Link

Replying To Champotime18:  "Reported that leitrim are missing as many as 10 players this weekend for various reasons. We would need a full strenght team to have a chance of beating an under strenght roscommon team y fortunately the gap is that big at the min."
Oh stop being so negative- i detest negativity on public platforms and it is very morale sapping

leitrim4live (Leitrim) - Posts: 49 - 08/01/2020 11:07:14    2258152

Link

Burger expert endorses Terry Hyland after an excellent season last year. He will maintain this level of achievement in 2020 I think and we will go forward with a great degree of hope and a firm commitment to bringing Leitrim football to it's highest plateau in years. He has taken the reins and ridden the rails of the turbulence with aplomb

burger_expert (Leitrim) - Posts: 11 - 08/01/2020 14:43:12    2258206

Link

Corncrake is back with multiple logins replying to himself I see.

Ludovic_Giuly (Leitrim) - Posts: 111 - 08/01/2020 14:53:47    2258210

Link

Replying To Ludovic_Giuly:  "Corncrake is back with multiple logins replying to himself I see."
Yeah the multiple personalities is back in a big way! There must be ten or so usernames all to the one person. This person, whoever it is, is so annoying. Some fair guff being talked on this forum in recent days because of that, this used to be one of the best forums on Hoganstand and really enjoyable.

Best of luck to Terry and the lads on Sunday, not fussed about the result as long as players put in a decent shift, pick up no injusries and preperations are bang in line for the real stuff against Derry in a few weeks.

leitrim4sam (Leitrim) - Posts: 453 - 08/01/2020 15:41:18    2258224

Link

Replying To leitrim4sam:  "Yeah the multiple personalities is back in a big way! There must be ten or so usernames all to the one person. This person, whoever it is, is so annoying. Some fair guff being talked on this forum in recent days because of that, this used to be one of the best forums on Hoganstand and really enjoyable.

Best of luck to Terry and the lads on Sunday, not fussed about the result as long as players put in a decent shift, pick up no injusries and preperations are bang in line for the real stuff against Derry in a few weeks."
Yep, agree with all you say there. The unhinged one is back alright. But more importantly looking forward to the challenge of Div 3. I'd agree with what one of the previous posters pointed out in that the fixture schedule is unfavourable. Was really hoping for 4 home games. Hoping for good performances against Derry/Cork, but anything at all out of either of those first two would be a bonus. I think 5-6 points might be enough to survive, so points away from home are going to be needed.

offyertrolley (Leitrim) - Posts: 135 - 08/01/2020 21:29:35    2258286

Link

Replying To Shaggyboiii69:  "It's a pity buff ..."
Don't think Karl Foley will overlook Jason Ward this year. Versatile elegant forward who can do both scoring from inside and pull the strings from the half forward line. A dream for any manager and time is on his side! Looking forward to seeing him in the Division 1 league myself this year.

BuzzGoesOnHa14 (Leitrim) - Posts: 4 - 08/01/2020 22:07:19    2258295

Link

Replying To leitrim4sam:  "Yeah the multiple personalities is back in a big way! There must be ten or so usernames all to the one person. This person, whoever it is, is so annoying. Some fair guff being talked on this forum in recent days because of that, this used to be one of the best forums on Hoganstand and really enjoyable.

Best of luck to Terry and the lads on Sunday, not fussed about the result as long as players put in a decent shift, pick up no injusries and preperations are bang in line for the real stuff against Derry in a few weeks."
I agree with you. There was fair guff being spoken on this forum before us new folk joined.

I agree with you, big challenge for Gerry this year but I disagree fundamentally with you saying the result doesn't matter...against Roscommon? If we can't try to beat those fellows every time we play them then we may as well pack away the jerseys and fill the togs into a shopping bag.

five_bogs (Leitrim) - Posts: 19 - 09/01/2020 08:03:15    2258334

Link

Mighty stuff from our manager in the observer this week! We all know 5/6 players are heading away on a stag but to come out and say it to the media is baffling.

williesboy (Leitrim) - Posts: 88 - 09/01/2020 12:23:21    2258373

Link

Replying To five_bogs:  "I agree with you. There was fair guff being spoken on this forum before us new folk joined.

I agree with you, big challenge for Gerry this year but I disagree fundamentally with you saying the result doesn't matter...against Roscommon? If we can't try to beat those fellows every time we play them then we may as well pack away the jerseys and fill the togs into a shopping bag."
Who is Gerry?? Are you referring to Mr Hyland?? His name is TERRIE not Gerry. ha ha.

leitrim4live (Leitrim) - Posts: 49 - 09/01/2020 12:29:30    2258378

Link

Replying To williesboy:  "Mighty stuff from our manager in the observer this week! We all know 5/6 players are heading away on a stag but to come out and say it to the media is baffling."
It's a self preservation tactic from him if they get bet out the gate. Every manager does it. It's the old CYA manoeuvre

five_bogs (Leitrim) - Posts: 19 - 09/01/2020 12:53:55    2258388

Link

Replying To five_bogs:  "It's a self preservation tactic from him if they get bet out the gate. Every manager does it. It's the old CYA manoeuvre"
why are you ignoring me??

leitrim4live (Leitrim) - Posts: 49 - 09/01/2020 13:23:45    2258402

Link

I fully agree with you sir some amount of "guff" being spoken. #SaveOurForum

BuzzGoesOnHa14 (Leitrim) - Posts: 4 - 09/01/2020 14:20:49    2258418

Link

Replying To BuzzGoesOnHa14:  "I fully agree with you sir some amount of "guff" being spoken. #SaveOurForum"
did benny Guckian turn down a coaching role with Sydney Swans to stay on and coach the Leitrim Minor team this year?? That is some dedication especially after him turning down trials with them when he was a player also

leitrim4live (Leitrim) - Posts: 49 - 09/01/2020 14:50:08    2258426

Link

Leitrim should go for this game all guns blazing. The effort isn't enough. Lay down a marker. They have a weakened team as we do. Kick it and be smart and we'll beat our rivals. They are talking some nonsense on the Roscommon thread about us.

burger_expert (Leitrim) - Posts: 11 - 09/01/2020 16:10:05    2258455

Link

Replying To burger_expert:  "Leitrim should go for this game all guns blazing. The effort isn't enough. Lay down a marker. They have a weakened team as we do. Kick it and be smart and we'll beat our rivals. They are talking some nonsense on the Roscommon thread about us."
Its actually Leitrim poster pretending to be Rossie's doing most of the talking on the page

sourmilk93 (Roscommon) - Posts: 396 - 09/01/2020 16:26:24    2258459

Link