Leitrim Forum

Leitrim Inter-County 2020

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Expectingrain:  "So facts and 'your opinion' are the same thing. Sound. Mulligan played at a good level in Dublin and won county titles with his Club as well as being one of Leitrim's best players for years. I'm sure you've done the same."
Ah good lad. Just accept he didn't really achieve much despite all the pr to the contrary. Yea he played in Dublin, was quickly found out and high tailed it back to kinlough. I'll admit he was a decent player but was not the superstar some people make him out to be. It's pathetic. Facts are facts and you do not like. But I like.

leitrim4live (Leitrim) - Posts: 49 - 04/01/2020 19:30:48    2257360

Link

First game next weekend. Most positive vibes coming out of the camp in years.

Short on defenders overall which is a worry and has seen James Mitchell from Mohill being called up quite late. The plan is also to fly Jack Gilheaney home from France for the next few months while he is studying there. Ray Mulvey and Oisin McCaffey also have not been able to train yet due to injury.

Due to Sigerson (Plunkett, Doalan and McGloin) and a stag do which has been flagged months in advance along with a few niggling injuries and some of the U20s who are on the panel won't be considered we will be missing up on 10 for next weeks game.

I would expect us to line out something like this:

McKiernan

Reynolds Farrell Mitchell
Bruen Wrynn/Gilheaney Flynn

Moran
Flanagan

McGovern Rooney Riordain 'O'Rourke/Keegan
O'Rourke Beirne Brady

Obviously not to much expected as a result of the players that are missing and the time of year etc but as a previous poster pointed out the Match last year got us off to a good start which we gained belief from.

OnTheBank (Australia) - Posts: 158 - 05/01/2020 04:34:09    2257437

Link

Replying To OnTheBank:  "First game next weekend. Most positive vibes coming out of the camp in years.

Short on defenders overall which is a worry and has seen James Mitchell from Mohill being called up quite late. The plan is also to fly Jack Gilheaney home from France for the next few months while he is studying there. Ray Mulvey and Oisin McCaffey also have not been able to train yet due to injury.

Due to Sigerson (Plunkett, Doalan and McGloin) and a stag do which has been flagged months in advance along with a few niggling injuries and some of the U20s who are on the panel won't be considered we will be missing up on 10 for next weeks game.

McKiernan

Moran
Flanagan

O'Rourke Beirne Brady

Obviously not to much expected as a result of the players that are missing and the time of year etc but as a previous poster pointed out the Match last year got us off to a good start which we gained belief from."
Not much expected!!!
You expect a near full strength team giving its 2 weeks out from the start of the national league.

williesboy (Leitrim) - Posts: 88 - 05/01/2020 11:55:17    2257472

Link

Replying To OnTheBank:  "First game next weekend. Most positive vibes coming out of the camp in years.

McKiernan

Moran
Flanagan

O'Rourke Beirne Brady

Obviously not to much expected as a result of the players that are missing and the time of year etc but as a previous poster pointed out the Match last year got us off to a good start which we gained belief from."
I think you are mistaken for me. I would expect Mr Hyland to put out his strongest team. He is in his second year of the four year plan and he should know his best fifteen/twenty now! So therefore i would expect the coaching staff to focus on a playing system rather than trying out new players etc. I think it would be beneficial if posters stopped trying to second guess and pressurise Mr Hyland into doing them over. Thank you.

leitrim4live (Leitrim) - Posts: 49 - 05/01/2020 21:36:21    2257619

Link

Replying To leitrim4live:  "I think you are mistaken for me. I would expect Mr Hyland to put out his strongest team. He is in his second year of the four year plan and he should know his best fifteen/twenty now! So therefore i would expect the coaching staff to focus on a playing system rather than trying out new players etc. I think it would be beneficial if posters stopped trying to second guess and pressurise Mr Hyland into doing them over. Thank you."
The problem is he cannot put out his best 15?
Mark Plunkett, Pearce Dolan and Cillian McGloin are all with their Sigerson teams.
Ray Mulvey, Oisin McCaffery, and Fergal McTague along with one or two others are injured. I left out Paddy Maguire because at his age and experience does he really need to be playing FBD?
I would even wonder if Jack Gilheany will be flown home for an FBD Game?
But apart from that if you look at who is on the actual panel it will have to be something close to what I have named.
You have to remember that from last years league panel we are missing 11 players:
Cathal McCrann, Jack Heslin, Sean McWeeney, Noel Plunkett, Michael McWeeney, Gary Plunkett, Emlyn Mulligan, Eoin Ward, Gary Reynolds, Conor Cullen and James Rooney which has robbed us of some depth.
Add to that that the likes of Conor Dolan, Niall McGovern, Ciaran Cullen, Robbie Cunningham, Matthew Murphy and Conor Gaffney would either not commit or were not called up. There's not an endless supply of players in Leitrim? for an example of this look at our back up keeper this year.
And as for 'Pressurizing Terry Hyland' Give me a break. The whole point in forums and fans in general is that supporters can have their say as long as they are respectful.

OnTheBank (Australia) - Posts: 158 - 06/01/2020 03:55:29    2257657

Link

Why can't we all get along

five_bogs (Leitrim) - Posts: 19 - 06/01/2020 10:57:44    2257693

Link

Replying To OnTheBank:  "The problem is he cannot put out his best 15?
Mark Plunkett, Pearce Dolan and Cillian McGloin are all with their Sigerson teams.
Ray Mulvey, Oisin McCaffery, and Fergal McTague along with one or two others are injured. I left out Paddy Maguire because at his age and experience does he really need to be playing FBD?
But apart from that if you look at who is on the actual panel it will have to be something close to what I have named.
You have to remember that from last years league panel we are missing 11 players:
Cathal McCrann, Jack Heslin, Sean McWeeney, Noel Plunkett, Michael McWeeney, Gary Plunkett, Emlyn Mulligan, Eoin Ward, Gary Reynolds, Conor Cullen and James Rooney which has robbed us of some depth.
Add to that that the likes of Conor Dolan, Niall McGovern, Ciaran Cullen, Robbie Cunningham, Matthew Murphy and Conor Gaffney would either not commit or were not called up. There's not an endless supply of players in Leitrim? for an example of this look at our back up keeper this year.
And as for 'Pressurizing Terry Hyland' Give me a break. The whole point in forums and fans in general is that supporters can have their say as long as they are respectful."
Oh I detest Americanised language creeping into our vocabulary. It's pressurising not "pressurizing". This is an example of what I'm talking about. This outside influence on the thing. I don't think it's healthy that's all. And please don't raise your voice at me.

leitrim4live (Leitrim) - Posts: 49 - 06/01/2020 11:54:53    2257709

Link

Replying To OnTheBank:  "The problem is he cannot put out his best 15?
And as for 'Pressurizing Terry Hyland' Give me a break. The whole point in forums and fans in general is that supporters can have their say as long as they are respectful."
You listed players that weren't called up- think Emlyn should be on that list. He wasn't called up as we all know. He might have mentioned it once or twenty seven times

leitrim4live (Leitrim) - Posts: 49 - 06/01/2020 12:04:13    2257712

Link

It appears we will be very under strength for the Roscommon game due to Sigerson Cup,Stag,and a few injuries.
However it will give an opportunity to others who are training hard to feature .
All the vibes about commitment are good.

joeman123 (Leitrim) - Posts: 169 - 06/01/2020 22:35:18    2257867

Link

Just shows Ferry has a good approach to his management style and allowing lads off on a stag will stand us in good stead in terms of team bonding in the months to come.

five_bogs (Leitrim) - Posts: 19 - 07/01/2020 10:09:10    2257910

Link

Replying To five_bogs:  "Just shows Ferry has a good approach to his management style and allowing lads off on a stag will stand us in good stead in terms of team bonding in the months to come."
Think Hyland is missing a trick not calling up the likes of Michael Murray whether it be with the u20s or the seniors. Had a great 2019 and also attended the recent AFL combine in Dublin.

Shaggyboiii69 (Leitrim) - Posts: 5 - 07/01/2020 10:58:39    2257921

Link

Replying To five_bogs:  "Just shows Ferry has a good approach to his management style and allowing lads off on a stag will stand us in good stead in terms of team bonding in the months to come."
Whose getting marred?? I don't think players should be drinking at this crucial juncture. It's a critical time of year and if players go drinking now we may as well forget about promotion/Connacht championship tilt. So I think u ought to be ashamed of yourshelf saying this and I wish you'd desist forthwith.

leitrim4live (Leitrim) - Posts: 49 - 07/01/2020 11:03:33    2257923

Link

Replying To leitrim4live:  "Whose getting marred?? I don't think players should be drinking at this crucial juncture. It's a critical time of year and if players go drinking now we may as well forget about promotion/Connacht championship tilt. So I think u ought to be ashamed of yourshelf saying this and I wish you'd desist forthwith."
How dare you

five_bogs (Leitrim) - Posts: 19 - 07/01/2020 11:29:00    2257928

Link

Replying To five_bogs:  "How dare you"
This is all wrong. I shouldn't be here

leitrim4live (Leitrim) - Posts: 49 - 07/01/2020 11:39:20    2257933

Link

Replying To leitrim4live:  "Whose getting marred?? I don't think players should be drinking at this crucial juncture. It's a critical time of year and if players go drinking now we may as well forget about promotion/Connacht championship tilt. So I think u ought to be ashamed of yourshelf saying this and I wish you'd desist forthwith."
if lads cant enjoy a few pints at this time of the year then theres no hope 4 society. fair enough maybe stay off it the night before a game but other then that let them indulge!!

Zucker (Leitrim) - Posts: 76 - 07/01/2020 12:06:51    2257940

Link

Replying To Zucker:  "if lads cant enjoy a few pints at this time of the year then theres no hope 4 society. fair enough maybe stay off it the night before a game but other then that let them indulge!!"
At this time of the year!! Are you having a laugh. It's the first week in January you Moran.

williesboy (Leitrim) - Posts: 88 - 07/01/2020 12:28:11    2257946

Link

Replying To Zucker:  "if lads cant enjoy a few pints at this time of the year then theres no hope 4 society. fair enough maybe stay off it the night before a game but other then that let them indulge!!"
We might have more lads back if the rules were less strict

five_bogs (Leitrim) - Posts: 19 - 07/01/2020 12:39:09    2257951

Link

Replying To williesboy:  "At this time of the year!! Are you having a laugh. It's the first week in January you Moran."
I agree with you completely

five_bogs (Leitrim) - Posts: 19 - 07/01/2020 12:39:24    2257952

Link

Replying To five_bogs:  "I agree with you completely"
You are out of your depth

ros4sammywilson (Roscommon) - Posts: 25 - 07/01/2020 13:33:39    2257969

Link

Replying To Shaggyboiii69:  "Think Hyland is missing a trick not calling up the likes of Michael Murray whether it be with the u20s or the seniors. Had a great 2019 and also attended the recent AFL combine in Dublin."
I agree with u completely can't believe such a talent was overlooked, especially for the u20s

Buffegan (Leitrim) - Posts: 1 - 07/01/2020 16:17:48    2258013

Link