Derry Forum

Exit Paddy Bradley

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

This has been rumoured since late Thursday night and is being reported right across national media although the Irish Times report that last night Cassidy denied that he had gone and stated that he remained 'part of the panel'...Paddy has again landed himself centre stage just prior to a qualifying game, same as last year and for all the wrong reasons...its clear that Cassidy and Bradley simply do not see eye to eye and this dDrry squad do not need this disruption...its a good job todays game is against Carlow, against very nearly anyone else it could well be exit Derry...

spudmunky (Derry) - Posts: 29 - 26/06/2010 14:00:48    687610

Link

the whole panel needs a complete revamp imo

RandyDupree (USA) - Posts: 38 - 26/06/2010 16:32:24    687698

Link

glad to see Cassidy stand up to the spoilt brat... about time someone did. He has no respect for manager or county, god help us if father gets in.. onlt will be two men on it him and Eoin!!!!!!!!!

loughlegend (Derry) - Posts: 1 - 26/06/2010 17:10:37    687724

Link

cassidy shouldn't have brought him back after last years pathetic throwing the rattle out of the pram...just because conor gormley has him in his back pocket...and now he walks off after not getting picked...who does he think he is?...next year when baker takes over the team, he'll be back and in my opinion further undermining derry football..

mayotyroneman (Tyrone) - Posts: 1715 - 26/06/2010 21:35:47    687961

Link

How many times has Paddy Bradley quit the Derry panel. I seem to have heard this story a number of times in the past.

thirty1 (Dublin) - Posts: 161 - 27/06/2010 12:06:38    688170

Link

Greetings from Orlando :)
This craic needs to stop in the Derry camp, All this huffing is costing our county dearly. Wouldnt it be nice if we all could get on and win?
How was the game on Saturday I was listening to a bit of it in the Hotel was there many Derry heads down?

Orlaith (Derry) - Posts: 4282 - 27/06/2010 21:08:46    688707

Link

For a start i'll take anything someone from Tyrone says about Derry with a pinch of salt. Keeping it nice and simple Paddy is better than most of what was on display on our forward line against Carlow, from what i picked up is the tinkerman DC ( has he ever played the same 15) wanted to blood some young players against Carlow made nine changes some of them forced and Paddys ego came to the fore. To sum it up Paddy is not the player he was but is still to good to be not playing when you see who we have in reserve. Coming out of dr.cullen park on sat i would like to address one major point why is the turn over in our squad so high? Cassidy between league and championship has used so many players and still has no settled 15 and we need to address the full back position quickly.

brolly_4_pres (Derry) - Posts: 356 - 28/06/2010 08:59:26    688833

Link

There is usually more to a story than the public get to hear. But if its true that PB refused to travel with the team just because he wasnt selected on the starting line up , then he shouldnt get the chance to walk away, he should he kicked off the team!!

doire abu (Derry) - Posts: 540 - 28/06/2010 09:06:08    688842

Link

doire abu, I am reliably told that there is no other story other than being dropped. Terible attitude

MickeyMouse (Derry) - Posts: 174 - 28/06/2010 10:56:01    689023

Link

Just heard there now about it! Was there not talk of this being his last year anyway? Been outta the loop the last while so it's hard to believe what you hear. There will probably be another 2 or 3 versions come out in the next week.

MitchellMan10 (Derry) - Posts: 6 - 28/06/2010 15:26:44    689714

Link

High turnover of players in the last couple of seasons. Must be some common reason...

Fr.Ted.Crilly (Derry) - Posts: 449 - 28/06/2010 17:14:05    689958

Link

Ah father ted more digs. Derry have lossed Sean Marty, Murphy and Mc Cloy from last season. All were over the hill and were exposed in the c'ship games. Does Monaghan in Clones or Donegal in Ballybofey ring a bell. Were you even there. Lynn decided to walk after being taken off, not the first team or time he has done that i.e. Crozier. Mc Cusker injured.

MickeyMouse (Derry) - Posts: 174 - 28/06/2010 19:25:15    690207

Link

People lets get real here - I am a Derry fan through and through............but we must realise there is no player bigger than the county and if players decide to walk from the panel for whatever the reason maybe then that is there choice. I don't believe we should go begging for players to come back. It should full you with pride at being asked to represent your county on any sporting stage and I feel it's downright disrespectful to walk out on your manager, teammates and supporters.

I don't know why it happened all I have read is the articles in the press and if it is because he was dropped from the starting 15 then I think it was very selfish. Walking from the panel wasn't the right course of action, he should have stayed and let his undoubted football talent do the talking on the pitch when called upon. What better way to show someone that they where wrong to drop him.

I was at Carlow on Saturday and feel DC was using this as an opportunity to give some of the younger players a bit of championship action so if and when called upon they would have gained some experience. No doubt in my mind that the more senior players like Bradley etc would have got a run out on Saturday evening as we seen with Doc coming on for last 12 minutes.

Players need to respect management, management must support players and overall the must support each other, it's a team game and people must realise this.

OakGael (Derry) - Posts: 293 - 28/06/2010 20:20:23    690246

Link

There's been a hell of a lot of players who have walked away in the past 6/7 seasons. Know a few pretty well who have done so and it seems to be through frustration at lack of games / double standards etc. I'm not sure if PAddy expects to be asked back, or whether he will come back we have yet to see. My hope would be that he comes back, though on Cassidy's terms onl.

MitchellMan10 (Derry) - Posts: 6 - 29/06/2010 10:05:09    690492

Link

27/06/2010 21:08:46
Orlaith
County: Derry

688707 Greetings from Orlando :)
This craic needs to stop in the Derry camp, All this huffing is costing our county dearly. Wouldnt it be nice if we all could get on and win?
How was the game on Saturday I was listening to a bit of it in the Hotel was there many Derry heads down?

DUNGANNONABU (Tyrone) - Posts: 511 - 29/06/2010 11:18:54    690599

Link

The men who be called up to Derry Squads but go missing sending out an sos call where are Gavin McLaughlin, John O'Kane, Liam Hinphey,Andrew McCartney, Aidy McLaughlin, Gavin McShane, Cailean O'Boyle, Enda Lynn, Paul Cartin, James Conway, Joe O'Kane, Paul Young, Joe Keenan, Collie Devlin the list is endless it seems to me Cassidy cant keep a steady squad are the players not happy is the manager at fault?

brolly_4_pres (Derry) - Posts: 356 - 29/06/2010 11:51:47    690650

Link

Gavin McLaughlin-dropped after the M c kenna Cup, John O'Kane-Dropped after the Mc kenna Cup, Liam Hinphey- left due injuries and isn't playing football or hurling due to injuries,Andrew McCartney- left himself even thou he was on the team- nobody could figure that out, Aidy McLaughlin- injured and has had an operation, Gavin McShane- dropped after Mc kenna Cup, Cailean O'Boyle- at 20 yrs of age wanted to concentrtate on club, he played in the u21s and national league for Cassidy, not yet ready for senior county. Enda Lynn- left after being taken off, as said before has a long history of huffing if taken off by others managers as well, certainly not the attitude derry need. Paul Cartin-threw in the towel after a number of injuries, just got sick of missing big games due to injury, James Conway-dropped for a cowardly deed, and rightly so. Joe O'Kane- doesn't want to play county football, Paul Young- did a runner after the Tyrone semi final last year, just what Derry don't need, Joe Keenan- not asked back into the squad, Collie Devlin- still injured after 2 yrs and 2 operations, the same with Niall Mc Cusker

MickeyMouse (Derry) - Posts: 174 - 29/06/2010 12:32:33    690721

Link

Cheers mickey mouse for the update on what happened all those players its interesting. Cailean O'Boyle- at 20 yrs of age if you're good enough, you're old enough and as he is top scorer in club football in the county that would seem he's good enough. Paddy Bradley played in an ulster final at 19 and sure Emmett McGuckin was on against Carlow is only 19 as well as James Kielt and Chrissy McKaigue were 19 when they made there debut's in the team. What about Michael McIver from Ballinderry what happened him?

brolly_4_pres (Derry) - Posts: 356 - 29/06/2010 13:05:30    690771

Link

He was on Croziers squad and was never selected by Cassidy. I think he wasn't making the ballinderry team that got to the cup final 18 months ago

MickeyMouse (Derry) - Posts: 174 - 29/06/2010 13:25:13    690821

Link

I wouldnt be to worried about Cailean if I were yous. There are a lot of players from the McKenna cup who don't feature in the Championship games, With out a doubt there is plenty of potential there. It seems to me that Damian is going for the more experienced players over the younger players who are Derrys future, Of course there are exceptions with Charlie Kielt and a few others. I know that some players that played in January and February for Derry would be well able to play Championship level but sadly they aren't. I think that Damian should even it out, Some older players and some younger players because in 2 or 3 years the older players will not be there but most likely the younger ones will be.

Orlaith (Derry) - Posts: 4282 - 29/06/2010 14:08:39    690913

Link