Cavan Forum

Cavan Club Championships 2018

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To rahanman:  "As the saying goes pressure is for tyres and all this chat about which of the Gaels or Ourselves are under the most pressure is absolute nonsense. Cavan Gaels lie in 8th position after loosing their first game so are still in place to qualify score difference will come into it and while either side are capable of taking the victory in round two a loss for either side will not put them out as they will score heavily against all but a coupe of the other sides in it. The Gaels have been the top Senior side over the last dozen or so years and it will be some time before they are anything other than Favorites to win the Oliver Plunkett cup . Reality is Castlerahan winning on Friday does not remove Cavan Gaels from the championship so in fact is a facile victory. What I do not understand is why this as a repeat of last years final and the stand out fixture in this round is not scheduled for Sunday Afternoon. Showing my age but Sunday Afternoons is when real championship football is played"
In case you did not know there is an All Ireland Hurling Final on Sunday afternoon that could be the reason it is not on then.

Breffnisbest (Cavan) - Posts: 342 - 15/08/2018 09:28:48    2133483

Link

I am well aware that there is an All Ireland Hurling Final @15:30 on Sunday. I am also aware that with Kingspan Breffni out of action Evening Championship matches at his time of year without floodlights available is a risk. Anyone that was in Dolan Park in Virginia last Saturday and stayed for the second match between Kill & Drung will know that the last 20 minutes were played in conditions that bordered on dangerous due to overhead clouds and subsequent lack of light

rahanman (Cavan) - Posts: 96 - 15/08/2018 12:36:25    2133554

Link

Why can they not play some of the championship games on Thursday night.? The Ramor lacken game was at 7.45 on Sunday because it was a double header with Ballyhaise and Cornafean. mullahoran isn't suitable parking wise, it's not breffni. Plenty of other grounds. The mullahoran pitch itself didn't look in good condition.

FoolsGold (Cavan) - Posts: 1716 - 15/08/2018 13:22:08    2133579

Link

Is Lavey a suitable venue on a Friday evening along the main Dublin/Cavan road and the crowd will start arriving shortly after 6.30?

Breffnisbest (Cavan) - Posts: 342 - 15/08/2018 14:03:23    2133593

Link