Cavan Forum

Cavan Club Championships 2018

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To cavanblueman:  "Lacken are another Castlerahan, plenty of promise, but bottle it when it comes to Championship.

Yes, they're having a good league, but its not as if they've had years of success. Gaels are current Senior Champions, unbeaten in Cavan last year, and 5 months into 2018, they remain unbeaten, they haven't even got out of first gear yet, so imagine when they do. Up to last week, they haven't even been training midweek, a light session on a Friday and a game the weekend.

They've set the bar for Cavan Football, and as things stand, there's not a team in Cavan that will match them."
It's a lot easier to stay unbeaten for five months when you don't play for first three of those months and where the last one has only been in existence for two and a half days, in which no games have been played.

So they're in unbeaten in one month or five games. Same as Lacken.

Skelling (USA) - Posts: 272 - 03/05/2018 13:14:50    2096406

Link

Replying To Skelling:  "It's a lot easier to stay unbeaten for five months when you don't play for first three of those months and where the last one has only been in existence for two and a half days, in which no games have been played.

So they're in unbeaten in one month or five games. Same as Lacken."
And all last year as well in local competitions . But as everyone well knows Skelling youbwould pick holes in a in an empty space

Inaroundehouse (Cavan) - Posts: 628 - 03/05/2018 14:43:33    2096438

Link

So the Gaels are in second gear and first gear according to posters. Can we get a weekly update on what gear they're in. Also how many do they have? Is it five or six. Wow they're not taking it serious as they're not training midweek. You mean the sensible thing to do to aid recovery.

doratheexplorer (Cavan) - Posts: 1245 - 03/05/2018 15:54:33    2096454

Link

Replying To doratheexplorer:  "So the Gaels are in second gear and first gear according to posters. Can we get a weekly update on what gear they're in. Also how many do they have? Is it five or six. Wow they're not taking it serious as they're not training midweek. You mean the sensible thing to do to aid recovery."
No problem Dora, just let me know what updates you need. But I didn't understand your statement about aiding recovery, recovery from what exactly? My point being, a lot of Senior Teams were training twice per week since Jan/Feb, whilst the Gaels have really only started, yet they are winning games at their ease.

Not one team will touch them this year....you heard it here first.

cavanblueman (Cavan) - Posts: 277 - 03/05/2018 17:26:40    2096471

Link

Replying To cavanblueman:  "No problem Dora, just let me know what updates you need. But I didn't understand your statement about aiding recovery, recovery from what exactly? My point being, a lot of Senior Teams were training twice per week since Jan/Feb, whilst the Gaels have really only started, yet they are winning games at their ease.

Not one team will touch them this year....you heard it here first."
No one will touch them this year. Wow going out on a limb there. Best team in county.

And yet they trained Christmas day.

Recovery from matches.

doratheexplorer (Cavan) - Posts: 1245 - 03/05/2018 19:06:41    2096489

Link

Replying To cavanblueman:  "No problem Dora, just let me know what updates you need. But I didn't understand your statement about aiding recovery, recovery from what exactly? My point being, a lot of Senior Teams were training twice per week since Jan/Feb, whilst the Gaels have really only started, yet they are winning games at their ease.

Not one team will touch them this year....you heard it here first."
The gaels only stopped training in December when most haven't trained since august August September. Most clubs main training session is a friday too during the college year and the few lads who are around midweek might have a kick around midweek nothing hectic. Everyone is the same.

EastCavan (Cavan) - Posts: 146 - 04/05/2018 02:51:54    2096555

Link

Replying To Inaroundehouse:  "And all last year as well in local competitions . But as everyone well knows Skelling youbwould pick holes in a in an empty space"
Nah, I let some obvious ones go. Words like "youbwould" that don't exist. That type of thing.

He said they were unbeaten in five months in 2018 which is just silly talk.

Skelling (USA) - Posts: 272 - 04/05/2018 13:05:11    2096631

Link

Replying To Skelling:  "Nah, I let some obvious ones go. Words like "youbwould" that don't exist. That type of thing.

He said they were unbeaten in five months in 2018 which is just silly talk."
Just couldn't work out your comparison with Lacken?
They nowhere near the Gaels standard or record.

Inaroundehouse (Cavan) - Posts: 628 - 04/05/2018 14:24:44    2096653

Link

Replying To Inaroundehouse:  "Just couldn't work out your comparison with Lacken?
They nowhere near the Gaels standard or record."
Lacken and the Gaels are both unbeaten in 2016, I think.

Skelling (USA) - Posts: 272 - 04/05/2018 15:27:46    2096672

Link

Replying To Skelling:  "Lacken and the Gaels are both unbeaten in 2016, I think."
The Gaels were nearly relegated in 2016. And I don't remember Lacken winning the championship in 2016 either.
Get your facts right. I'm worse to be even answering you.

Inaroundehouse (Cavan) - Posts: 628 - 04/05/2018 15:51:29    2096679

Link

Replying To Inaroundehouse:  "The Gaels were nearly relegated in 2016. And I don't remember Lacken winning the championship in 2016 either.
Get your facts right. I'm worse to be even answering you."
Simple slip of finger. I meant in 2018. Always picking holes in things.

Skelling (USA) - Posts: 272 - 04/05/2018 17:42:49    2096703

Link

Replying To Skelling:  "Simple slip of finger. I meant in 2018. Always picking holes in things."
Where am I picking holes?
You wrote 2016.
If you meant 2018 then you should have written 2018. Agree?
You can make typing mistakes and posters are suppose to mind read?

Inaroundehouse (Cavan) - Posts: 628 - 04/05/2018 21:07:25    2096727

Link

Any idea what's going on over in kingscourt? Just seen they lost again by a large amount.

EastCavan (Cavan) - Posts: 146 - 08/05/2018 00:49:16    2097184

Link

Replying To Skelling:  "Simple slip of finger. I meant in 2018. Always picking holes in things."
Yes, Lacken are unbeaten in 2018, but you cant compare that to the Gaels unbeaten run in the league and the championship in 2017, and unbeaten run to date.

Lacken are nowhere near the Gaels standard, lets face it, there's no team in Cavan near their standard, and I can tell you now, no team in Cavan will reach their standard this year. Come Championship, they'll be even better that they were last year, and in my opinion, they'll stroll to another Championship win. And thats not being cocky, thats merely the truth.

cavanblueman (Cavan) - Posts: 277 - 08/05/2018 09:21:24    2097203

Link

Replying To cavanblueman:  "Yes, Lacken are unbeaten in 2018, but you cant compare that to the Gaels unbeaten run in the league and the championship in 2017, and unbeaten run to date.

Lacken are nowhere near the Gaels standard, lets face it, there's no team in Cavan near their standard, and I can tell you now, no team in Cavan will reach their standard this year. Come Championship, they'll be even better that they were last year, and in my opinion, they'll stroll to another Championship win. And thats not being cocky, thats merely the truth."
They have won two of the last 6 championships and one of them was by a point and the other by 5? They also featured in a relegation play off championship before last? Only Gaels supporters could say championship is over after a few early league games. A long tough year ahead and I expect it to be a close one.

EastCavan (Cavan) - Posts: 146 - 08/05/2018 17:09:06    2097343

Link

Replying To EastCavan:  "They have won two of the last 6 championships and one of them was by a point and the other by 5? They also featured in a relegation play off championship before last? Only Gaels supporters could say championship is over after a few early league games. A long tough year ahead and I expect it to be a close one."
They have also been in an Ulster Final which will bring them on leaps and bounds.

I said it before and I will say it again. Ramor have won one championship in 30 odd years and in the last two years have got beaten badly by the Gaels when they have met on the scoreboard and indeed physically. Castlerahan untill they go and win one will continue to be the nearly men. Kingscourt are a team that have ran their race and dont talk to me about Lacken. Cant get over the quarter final stage. Have never threatened to win a senior championship.

After that nothing will threaten....

I rest my case.

Go raibh maith agat.

YOUWONTCODME (Cavan) - Posts: 87 - 09/05/2018 14:37:17    2097579

Link

Replying To YOUWONTCODME:  "They have also been in an Ulster Final which will bring them on leaps and bounds.

I said it before and I will say it again. Ramor have won one championship in 30 odd years and in the last two years have got beaten badly by the Gaels when they have met on the scoreboard and indeed physically. Castlerahan untill they go and win one will continue to be the nearly men. Kingscourt are a team that have ran their race and dont talk to me about Lacken. Cant get over the quarter final stage. Have never threatened to win a senior championship.

After that nothing will threaten....

I rest my case.

Go raibh maith agat."
Christ, I only mentioned Lacken to show how ridiculous cavanblueman's post was. He said the Gaels were unbeaten in the five months of 2018, yet games had only been played for the month of April. Lacken are unbeaten in 2018 and it means nothing, just like the Gaels being unbeaten in 2018 means nothing.

Skelling (USA) - Posts: 272 - 13/05/2018 09:11:31    2099917

Link

Replying To Skelling:  "Christ, I only mentioned Lacken to show how ridiculous cavanblueman's post was. He said the Gaels were unbeaten in the five months of 2018, yet games had only been played for the month of April. Lacken are unbeaten in 2018 and it means nothing, just like the Gaels being unbeaten in 2018 means nothing."
If you knew anything about what you were talking about you'd know Lacken were beaten yesterday .
But you don't and your last post proves it

Inaroundehouse (Cavan) - Posts: 628 - 13/05/2018 10:44:34    2099933

Link

Are we still talking about the league here??? everyone know the league means little come championship so lets move on.

EastCavan (Cavan) - Posts: 146 - 13/05/2018 17:18:51    2100033

Link

8weeks to go to championship,, why not start it in july and space it out instead of condensing it into 2months football when the pitches are wet and soggy.

daddyknowsbest (Cavan) - Posts: 30 - 22/06/2018 11:20:03    2113716

Link