Corofin chairman Michael Ryder has revealed that they are waiting to hear back from Croke Park with regards to receiving funding for their rescheduled All-Ireland club SFC quarterfinal against Fulham Irish on Sunday, January 21st.
The original fixture was postponed due to heavy snow, but it was only called off on the morning of the match meaning that the Corofin party had already travelled over at great expense.
Croke Park do help with funding for such trips, but Ryder admitted to the Connacht Tribune he was unsure if this covers the re-fixture as well.
"What has happened is that we have sent our expenses to Croke Park (for the original fixture) and hopefully they will look at it. We have got some money - it has come into our account - but we would be hoping they would look at the balance and see what they can do for us."
He added: "They haven't said 'yes' or 'no' because the finance meeting that was to be on last Friday didn't take place. That now doesn't take place until the end of January.
"Yes it is, (a huge commitment travelling) but there is nothing we can do. We just have to plough ahead and take it from there. We have to assume that they (Croke Park) will look after us. They haven't said anything and they won't for the time being."