The National Scór Committee has revealed its plans for the return of competitions, with the 2020 All-Ireland Scór Sinsir final set to take place in late November.
No date has been given yet but this year's All-Ireland Scór Sinsir final will be run as a one-day event with an early start time and overnighting is not recommended.
The remaining county and provincial finals will be completed by the end of October and the 2021 Scór na nÓg will commence upon completion of the 2020 All-Ireland Scór Sinsir final.
There are a number of key decisions and measures for members to note in the following statement from the National Scór Committee:
Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic we were forced to call a halt to Scór Sinsir 2020 competition in early March. In the intervening period coistí Scór at provincial, county and club level have been innovative in using social media and other fora to promote Scór. Molaim go mór na feachtais sin agus gabhaim buíochas le gach duine a bhí páirteach iontu.
As Ireland now moves out of “lockdown” and restrictions imposed North and South are being lifted we have had many enquiries as to what is intended for Scór competition in the coming months. With that in mind, an online meeting of Coiste Náisiúnta was held last weekend to ascertain the views of Coiste members across the country. Arising from that discussion a number of decisions were unanimously agreed. The purpose of this letter is to inform all units of:
1. Situation at Present
2. Agreed Positions
3. Future Plans
Situation at Present
At the point where Scór Sinsir 2020 competition ceased, three provinces were at provincial final stage and the fourth (Munster) had county finals to complete. Current regulations set 50 people as the maximum allowed at an indoor event and this will change to 100 in the coming weeks. A Provincial or National final with four competitors in each of the 8 stage events, together with mentors, adjudicators, stage, lighting and sound hands, stewards and organisers involve a minimum of 220 persons without an audience. While all the conditions attached to “Return to Play” on our pitches will not apply to Scór competition, a certain number will in terms of safeguarding competitors and others in contact with them. An event requiring overnight accommodation as is the norm in Scór All-Ireland Finals is fraught with dangers.
The members of Coiste Náisiúnta Scór were unanimously agreed on the following points:
- The health and welfare of our competitors, their mentors and supporters and our officials and adjudicators remains our prime responsibility;
- The completion of Scór 2020 is our number one priority in terms of Scor activity;
- There is no appetite to push ahead and complete the competitions behind closed doors in three or more sessions per provincial and National final;
- Competitors will require a reasonable amount of time to practice and prepare for their next performance;
- The most prudent course is to wait until autumn before restarting competition in the hope that the situation will have improved;
- On the completion of Scór Sinsir 2020, the next competition to commence should be Scór na nÓg 2021;
- A degree of flexibility must be afforded to provincial coistí in their efforts to complete Scór Sinsir 2020.
- The All-Ireland Final of Scór Sinsir will be held at a date to be decided in late November 2020
- The Final will be held on one day with an early start and no over-nighting involved.
- Provincial Finals of Scór 2020 will be completed by the end of October 2020
- Any remaining County Finals of Scor 2020 will be completed by early October, in accordance with a date set by Provincial Coiste Scór
- Three Adjudicators per competition will be in effect for the All-Ireland final but an Adjudicator may adjudicate in more than one competition. Provincial Scór Committees can vary the three adjudicators rule for Scór Sinsir 2020 only. An adjudicator who adjudicates at provincial level cannot adjudicate in the same discipline at All-Ireland level.
- Scór na nÓg 2021 will start once Scór Sinsir 2020 is completed with the All Ireland Final set for April/May 2021. Scór Sinsir 2021 will be held Autumn/Winter 2021.
Should the situation relating to Covid 19 change dramatically we will revisit these decisions as required. In all events changes will be notified in good time to give everyone certainty of the path ahead and time to prepare.
Idir an dá linn, tugaigí aire daoibh fhéin agus do bhur muintir. Leanaigí ar aghaidh ag canadh, ag seint agus ag rince agus déanaigí bhur ndícheall imeachtaí Scór a choimeád i mbéal agus i súil an phobail.
Le gach dea-ghuí
Aodán Ó Braonáin (Cathaoirleach)
Jamie Ó Tuama (Rúnaí)Tweet