Meath Forum

Pairc Tailteann

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

PT should have grass banks ALL the way around.
We could call it the Grass Bowl.

Coylers Elbow (Meath) - Posts: 1075 - 17/02/2012 18:27:23    1113841

Link

It's good to dream but lets not be so crazy to think we could build or redevelop a stadium akin to a smaller premiership soccer ground. I think Kildare planned to do something years ago using Swansea City's Liberty Stadium as an example, but that was pie in the sky. Why would we do any better. The money simply isn't there. Lets face it, while there are thousands of GAA members throughout the county, gaelic games is of minimal interest to the wider public at large. These people wouldn't contribute to any fundraising efforts in any significant way to even make it a possibility. It's a pipe dream. To do any major redevelopment would cost the kind of money that you would need all the major sporting bodies and communities, groups etc coming together to share the facility as a communal sports arena. Add in a few philanthropists for good measure. That's not going to happen, so if we lower our expectations and be more realistic, well then something decent could be achieved within the GAA community alone. But everyone would have to be behind it and make a huge effort to make it happen.

GlasagusOr (Meath) - Posts: 1348 - 17/02/2012 18:49:05    1113852

Link

I'm saying we build it all in one go, it can be done incrementally. But with out a strategy or a clear vision of what we are building towards redevelopment is much harder to do and harder to do correctly.

If we don't need the biggest or the best, just a good stadium.

LoyalRoyal (None) - Posts: 452 - 18/02/2012 14:10:10    1114050

Link

The terrace opposite the stand is fine and needs not be touched but at the very least it needs to be extended around the corner and replace the grass bank completely. This would sort out the attendance issue for us and all that would need to be done then is to put in proper seats in the stand. That much is feasible and would most likely get funding from HQ if needed.

Now I know the whole stand needs to be knocked and replaced by a stand similar to Pairc Essler but that can wait and people will be happy if there are just proper seats installed. The grass bank down the far end should be left, it's nice for family's to relax on it on a nice sunny day or even have a picnic. Lastly there should be proper toilets put in.

BettystownRoyal (Meath) - Posts: 3353 - 18/02/2012 18:35:15    1114207

Link

Bettystownroyal; unless they buy new seats for the current stand, then remove them and put them into the new stand if/when it's built, the idea of new seats is too expensive and doesnt make much sense. And HQ have decreed no more grass banks, so I'd say that the grass bank at the hospital end will be either terraced, or (more likely) just kept closed.

CastleBravo (Meath) - Posts: 1643 - 18/02/2012 21:39:18    1114309

Link