National Forum

Louth GAA thread

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

At last the Club Championship starts this Thursday. 14 matches played over 5 days/nights. Some great derby matches to look forward to including the South Drawda clash of the Tones and nicks, Dundalk clash of D,hill and Naps, mid Louth clash of Glyde and Mitchell's and South Louth clash of Feckins and Dreads. Wee also have a Drawda v Dundalk clash of the super Rats and clans a repeat of the 2011 Inter final in which the Rats won.

Senior:
Mattock v Gers.........Mattock
Feckins v Dreads.........Feckins
Mary's v Joe's..............Mary's
Mochs v Pats..............Mochs

Inter:
Cooley v Plunketts........Cooley
Rats v Clans..................Rats
S.O.M v Roche...............S.O.M
Hunterstown v Kilkerly........Hunterstown

Junior:
Annaghminnon v Westies..........Annaghminnon
Naps v D'Hill.........Naps
Tones v Nicks.........Tones
Mals v Cuchulainn........Mals
Barrs v Mc Dermotts.......Barrs
Glyde v Mitchells.............Glyde

Ollie2 (Louth) - Posts: 568 - 15/08/2022 21:25:29    2437582

Link

Replying To Ollie2:  "At last the Club Championship starts this Thursday. 14 matches played over 5 days/nights. Some great derby matches to look forward to including the South Drawda clash of the Tones and nicks, Dundalk clash of D,hill and Naps, mid Louth clash of Glyde and Mitchell's and South Louth clash of Feckins and Dreads. Wee also have a Drawda v Dundalk clash of the super Rats and clans a repeat of the 2011 Inter final in which the Rats won.

Senior:
Mattock v Gers.........Mattock
Feckins v Dreads.........Feckins
Mary's v Joe's..............Mary's
Mochs v Pats..............Mochs

Inter:
Cooley v Plunketts........Cooley
Rats v Clans..................Rats
S.O.M v Roche...............S.O.M
Hunterstown v Kilkerly........Hunterstown

Junior:
Annaghminnon v Westies..........Annaghminnon
Naps v D'Hill.........Naps
Tones v Nicks.........Tones
Mals v Cuchulainn........Mals
Barrs v Mc Dermotts.......Barrs
Glyde v Mitchells.............Glyde"
I'm more focused on Junior; here are my views for a "par performance" for each team - with my overarching theme that the lack of relegation for 2 years has left 3B teams much more competitive against 3A teams than you'd typically expect;

Group 1:
Sean McDermotts: Very tough group for them. Don't expect them to make it out. A win and a QF would be massive accomplishment
Togher: Stabannan will be a big test but would expect to win group and will want to go the whole way.
Stabannan: Will fancy their chances of beating McDermotts after beating them by 7 and 10 in league. I think par performance is somewhere between a QF and SF and a lot will depend on QF draw if they do lose to Togher

Group 2:
Westerns: Very lucky to be drawn in group of 3 with Annaghminnon but still expect them to lose
Annaghminnon: Equally, very lucky to be drawn in group of 3 with Westerns. I expect a QF appearance and no further
Lannleire: 2 double digit group wins and and they should make Semis unless draw the runner up in Group 1 which might then prove tricky. I expect them to reach Final but fall at last hurdle

Group 3:
Dowdalshill: A win would a great achievement but I think they'll lose all 3
Naps: As with Mitchells, their season hinges on that second game against each other. Winner should make QF and that will probably be that
Mitchells: Same as Naps
Glyde: Seem to have good numbers and a some good young talent. Strong chance of winning it and Semi Finals at a minimum

Group 4:
Nicks: A decent draw and they won't fear Malachis. I think they'll make QFs
Malachis: Will fancy their chances with three 3B teams but I don't think they'll get out of group. Should beat Cuch Gales though
Cuch Gaels: A win would be a great achievement
Wolfe Tones: Strong favourites for group after narrowly missing out on winning 3A league. I think QFs but if they draw runner up in Group 2 a SF is potentially on the cards...

Lu88 (Louth) - Posts: 32 - 17/08/2022 12:38:56    2437763

Link

Senior:
Mattock v Gers.........Mattock by 5
Feckins v Dreads......... draw match
Mary's v Joe's..............Mary's by 12
Mochs v Pats..............Mochs by 2

Inter:
Cooley v Plunketts........Cooley by 6
Rats v Clans..................Rats by 9
S.O.M v Roche...............S.O.M by 3
Hunterstown v Kilkerly........Hunterstown by 3