National Forum

Donegal GAA thread

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Donegal_abroad:  "Not talking silly, everyone has their right to a view and I respect that. But I just don't buy the idea that the players aren't good enough. It's a cop out for me and it's a way of excusing almost anything.

In 2010, we had a pretty abysmal year and within 2 years were All Ireland champions. I always believe the players are in Donegal. We have really only awakened as a proper force since the McGuinness era, before that we were always talented but the structures weren't really in place. The McGuinness era was a culture shift and badly needed. The problem is that we have pretty much reverted back full circle again. I don't see why management needs more than 5 years and why it needs constant defending at this point, sorry I just don't get that.

It's a shame that Declan hasn't read the room and clearly next week's meeting with McGrath means he is staying on, as it wouldn't be made public knowledge in advance if he was being asked to step aside. Again, I'm at pains to say most people in the county have massive respect for Declan and all he has given in service to Donegal football, but sometimes it's time to face actual reality."
Listen here I don't think bonner will come back. I read nothing into next weeks meeting. . I think he's had enough. Enough of backstabbers keyboard warriors especially fools I personally know who don't attend games or never kicked a ball in there lives a few on here I may add. I still stand by my prediction that the talent is not there, good players but lacking that extra step.please god I'm proved wrong but honestly I can't see it. I want my county to do well. But I'm reading a lot of nonsense of how talented the playersthat's in the county are. Let Mc Hugh take it on now ..

rorysboys (Donegal) - Posts: 1511 - 02/07/2022 11:58:49    2429152

Link

Replying To rorysboys:  "Listen here I don't think bonner will come back. I read nothing into next weeks meeting. . I think he's had enough. Enough of backstabbers keyboard warriors especially fools I personally know who don't attend games or never kicked a ball in there lives a few on here I may add. I still stand by my prediction that the talent is not there, good players but lacking that extra step.please god I'm proved wrong but honestly I can't see it. I want my county to do well. But I'm reading a lot of nonsense of how talented the playersthat's in the county are. Let Mc Hugh take it on now .."
I thought you were going to give us an update from your 'contacts'?

peiledoir20 (Donegal) - Posts: 237 - 02/07/2022 12:14:38    2429156

Link

Replying To rorysboys:  "Listen here I don't think bonner will come back. I read nothing into next weeks meeting. . I think he's had enough. Enough of backstabbers keyboard warriors especially fools I personally know who don't attend games or never kicked a ball in there lives a few on here I may add. I still stand by my prediction that the talent is not there, good players but lacking that extra step.please god I'm proved wrong but honestly I can't see it. I want my county to do well. But I'm reading a lot of nonsense of how talented the playersthat's in the county are. Let Mc Hugh take it on now .."
It's long past time Bonner went and time you dried up too, sick listening to ya at this stage.

Tirchonaill1 (Donegal) - Posts: 2069 - 02/07/2022 12:20:39    2429158

Link

Replying To Tirchonaill1:  "It's long past time Bonner went and time you dried up too, sick listening to ya at this stage."
Feeling mutual lad. It's about time you and your friends consider going to games instead of your foolish talk on here.. it's pathetic listening to your rants. Nothing positive to say or any solutions just . You sneak off to other forums then and run bonner and rochford to the ground. Get a life you f••l.. what will you do when bonner steps down you'll have nobody to run down.. as I say there's a few barren years coming and god help the poor unfortunate man that gets the job. We deserve nothing these players give there lives for Donegal and to have about a thousand supporters to about 19 thousand Armagh supporters says all about yous. Not interested in listening to crap about losing interest after the Ulster final, sure we were outnumbered by about 3/1 at Ulster final by Derry above all teams.. makes me laugh listening to yous on here.. as if yous deserve a good team. Lol

rorysboys (Donegal) - Posts: 1511 - 02/07/2022 13:00:26    2429170

Link

Replying To peiledoir20:  "I thought you were going to give us an update from your 'contacts'?"
I know more about Donegal gaa than the rest of yous put together. Fact. Are you not calling me John this week lad. Maybe you stopped your little guessing games. Why are yous all against me, must not be saying the right things, sorry I can't talk Irish or I would address you in our native language. Tiochadh at la.

rorysboys (Donegal) - Posts: 1511 - 02/07/2022 13:28:32    2429174

Link

Replying To rorysboys:  "I heard from a very good source that there's an announcement imminent on the management position. Watch this space.??"
Over a week now John. Source not as good as you thought?

peiledoir20 (Donegal) - Posts: 237 - 02/07/2022 13:50:48    2429180

Link

The fact is as senior manager in his two spells (8 years), all he has accomplished is two ulster final wins, one against fermanagh and the other against cavan. At a time when tryone were rebuilding, and armagh and derry were finding there way.
Not one All Ireland semi final.
For a county with the talent we have, that is a pretty poor record.
Sadly that is the ambition of rorysboys and Declan, and rorysboys is happy to give this manager another 3 years.
Thankfully there are supporter's out there that are airing there displeasure at our lack of ambition and voted with there feet.
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting different results.
The time has come to try something new, there are no guarantees that it will work , but surely we have to try. And who knows, maybe we will find a great manager in the mould of mcguinness.

The keeper (Donegal) - Posts: 519 - 02/07/2022 14:01:55    2429189

Link

Replying To The keeper:  "The fact is as senior manager in his two spells (8 years), all he has accomplished is two ulster final wins, one against fermanagh and the other against cavan. At a time when tryone were rebuilding, and armagh and derry were finding there way.
Not one All Ireland semi final.
For a county with the talent we have, that is a pretty poor record.
Sadly that is the ambition of rorysboys and Declan, and rorysboys is happy to give this manager another 3 years.
Thankfully there are supporter's out there that are airing there displeasure at our lack of ambition and voted with there feet.
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting different results.
The time has come to try something new, there are no guarantees that it will work , but surely we have to try. And who knows, maybe we will find a great manager in the mould of mcguinness."
I thought you were going to finish a post without mentioning Mc Guinness. I should have known. Supporters voting with there feet . Go away there not supporters, they are fair weather supporters no time for that species..

rorysboys (Donegal) - Posts: 1511 - 02/07/2022 15:10:04    2429213

Link

Replying To peiledoir20:  "Over a week now John. Source not as good as you thought?"
Sure do you know the decision, you must be leading a sheltered life.

rorysboys (Donegal) - Posts: 1511 - 02/07/2022 15:23:11    2429220

Link

Replying To rorysboys:  "Sure do you know the decision, you must be leading a sheltered life."
Still waiting for you to tell us what your source said. I wouldn't listen to anyone apart from yourself seeing as you are so well connected.

peiledoir20 (Donegal) - Posts: 237 - 02/07/2022 17:34:20    2429252

Link

Replying To peiledoir20:  "Still waiting for you to tell us what your source said. I wouldn't listen to anyone apart from yourself seeing as you are so well connected."
Thanks lad , nice of one poster to be nice to me. Wudnt like to spoil the surprise on you. Announcement on its way a pealidor.

rorysboys (Donegal) - Posts: 1511 - 02/07/2022 17:45:31    2429253

Link