Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

National Forum

Longford GAA thread

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

U21 starting up this weekend, some good fixtures to start off. I would presume the A Championship will be top 2 in a final. Potentially the B championship is split into a top 4 middle 4 and bottom 4??? Does anyone have any info on this?

Gaalongford1 (Longford) - Posts: 9 - 06/10/2026 18:38:55    2696444

Link

Replying To Gaalongford1:  "U21 starting up this weekend, some good fixtures to start off. I would presume the A Championship will be top 2 in a final. Potentially the B championship is split into a top 4 middle 4 and bottom 4??? Does anyone have any info on this?"
Do Clonguish have teams in the 'A' and 'B' U21 Championship this year? If they do thats a lot of opportunity to help guys bridge gaps to senior/junior football while physically developing as well, fair play if they have the numbers but gives them a big advantage over other clubs at a vital age to retain/get players up to senior standard

keepitlit (Longford) - Posts: 47 - 07/10/2026 15:48:12    2696526

Link

Replying To BadgerDog:  "Frank74 will be quick to shut this down and tell you Clonguish haven't a hope and they have injuries and a few more excuses."
I don't think Frank74 has played down Clonguishs chances or has used excuses. Where are these excuses you talk of?

Oddball (Roscommon) - Posts: 1060 - 07/10/2026 16:31:23    2696530

Link

Replying To Gaalongford1:  "U21 starting up this weekend, some good fixtures to start off. I would presume the A Championship will be top 2 in a final. Potentially the B championship is split into a top 4 middle 4 and bottom 4??? Does anyone have any info on this?"
I would imagine at least top 3 qualify (1 to final and 2v3 in semi final)....just to keep clubs interested who might lose their first 2 games.
Not sure what way the B is working. You would think they would just go 3 or 4 groups and then semi finals. Not sure what lumping them in all together is about. They are hardly going to play all teams in the group? Interesting to see Clonguish have 2 teams entered at under 21 this year.

Oddball (Roscommon) - Posts: 1060 - 07/10/2026 16:34:44    2696532

Link

Replying To keepitlit:  "Do Clonguish have teams in the 'A' and 'B' U21 Championship this year? If they do thats a lot of opportunity to help guys bridge gaps to senior/junior football while physically developing as well, fair play if they have the numbers but gives them a big advantage over other clubs at a vital age to retain/get players up to senior standard"
I would assume there is nothing stopping any of the other clubs from entering 2 teams if they wish to do so.

Oddball (Roscommon) - Posts: 1060 - 07/10/2026 17:10:04    2696536

Link

I see that Frankie dolan has withdrawn from Longford race. What now for Longford.

B&G (Longford) - Posts: 457 - 07/10/2026 20:52:05    2696552

Link

No frankie dolan so

Rockshorecider (Longford) - Posts: 89 - 07/10/2026 22:58:06    2696562

Link

His statement said "I spoke with the chairman of the Longford county board earlier this week and have decided that I won't be going forward for the role".

Where to now?

LongfordgaaAbú (Longford) - Posts: 715 - 08/10/2026 10:47:12    2696576

Link

Replying To LongfordgaaAbú:  "His statement said "I spoke with the chairman of the Longford county board earlier this week and have decided that I won't be going forward for the role".

Where to now?"
I heard 2 weeks ago there was 2 to be interviewed. Frankie was one as that was quite obvious. But the lad who told me about the 2 interviews didn't know who the other one was. I'm assuming it is someone from outside the county.

Spinx (Longford) - Posts: 1604 - 08/10/2026 11:27:57    2696582

Link

Replying To Spinx:  "I heard 2 weeks ago there was 2 to be interviewed. Frankie was one as that was quite obvious. But the lad who told me about the 2 interviews didn't know who the other one was. I'm assuming it is someone from outside the county."
Mickey Graham?

LongfordSham (Longford) - Posts: 163 - 08/10/2026 11:50:08    2696588

Link

Replying To Spinx:  "I heard 2 weeks ago there was 2 to be interviewed. Frankie was one as that was quite obvious. But the lad who told me about the 2 interviews didn't know who the other one was. I'm assuming it is someone from outside the county."
It could be Dom Corrigan after Sunday next. He will go out on a high after leading his side to a County title.

B&G (Longford) - Posts: 457 - 08/10/2026 13:56:34    2696608

Link

I couldn't tell ye lads to be honest. The lad I was talking to had no inkling to who the second person was. I said to him it looks like its Frankie's if he wants it and his reply was 'I wouldn't be putting money on that'. So I thought he did know who the second person was going by that statement, but he said he had no name.

Spinx (Longford) - Posts: 1604 - 08/10/2026 15:21:12    2696616

Link

I believe Mickey Graham is going to be the next target for the Longford job

Sportrex (Longford) - Posts: 31 - 08/10/2026 16:21:40    2696626

Link