National Forum

Roscommon GAA thread

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To Seanfanbocht:  "We were Quarter Finalists, Mayo weren't.
It's my list so I'll put us where I want to."
And that is your right. It could be argued that Louth should be ahead of Mayo and us. They won 4 championship games, lost one less game than us and reached a provincial final. Anyway's it's all opinion. Our league game next year with Louth will be interesting. I see Devlin has gone back from Derry to them to run their academies and underage development.

MachaireConnacht (Roscommon) - Posts: 972 - 19/07/2024 09:20:13    2560012

Link

Replying To endgame:  "No. Let's just hope Galway win on Sunday week.Connacht's best hope. Ye can't win a Final and we can't even get to a semi final so come on the Tribesmen."
100%

GreenandRed (Mayo) - Posts: 7523 - 19/07/2024 11:34:33    2560037

Link

If Galway win does each other Connacht County get Sam for 2 months?
It's Galway v Armagh not Connacht v Armagh!

Seanfanbocht (Roscommon) - Posts: 1711 - 19/07/2024 16:12:17    2560096

Link

Replying To Seanfanbocht:  "If Galway win does each other Connacht County get Sam for 2 months?
It's Galway v Armagh not Connacht v Armagh!"
I'd personally like to see Galway win it Sunday week. Just great to see a final without Kerry or Dublin in it. And if Armagh win fair play to them.

dave1988 (Roscommon) - Posts: 1121 - 20/07/2024 10:37:55    2560151

Link

Replying To dave1988:  "I'd personally like to see Galway win it Sunday week. Just great to see a final without Kerry or Dublin in it. And if Armagh win fair play to them."
It is indeed great to have a Final without Dublin or Kerry (and Tyrone, Mayo too).
I don't mind which team wins it.
Gakway with 9 m, Armagh with 1.
Instinct is always to root for the lads with 1.

Back to Roscommon.... great to see all the Leagues start and finish in one continuous period thanks to the "split season".
Clubs will now have August/September to themselves for the Championships with no complications, such as County games on TV etc, which is also great to see.

Any or many buy the €125 tickets?

Seanfanbocht (Roscommon) - Posts: 1711 - 20/07/2024 11:37:18    2560156

Link

Replying To Seanfanbocht:  "It is indeed great to have a Final without Dublin or Kerry (and Tyrone, Mayo too).
I don't mind which team wins it.
Gakway with 9 m, Armagh with 1.
Instinct is always to root for the lads with 1.

Back to Roscommon.... great to see all the Leagues start and finish in one continuous period thanks to the "split season".
Clubs will now have August/September to themselves for the Championships with no complications, such as County games on TV etc, which is also great to see.

Any or many buy the €125 tickets?"
Looking forward to going to croke park for next Sundays final. Have a feeling it is armaghs year

Agree about the leagues. Club Championship in two weeks and I purchased the club season pass ticket. Great value for money well done Roscommon gaa

BrigidsToom (Roscommon) - Posts: 15 - 21/07/2024 22:40:53    2560447

Link