National Forum

Brian Cody 23rd Season

(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post

Replying To gahfan:  "Incorrect. I watched it numerous times and could only see a throw. Anyway thay was just one example of many. It's rife in the game.
Throwing the ball was never in the game.
I think I've made my point at this stage."
Yes that's just one instance but you're suggesting these are major problems in today's game and like these are new instances that have never been part of the game up until now.
That's not the case. Your points are not valid.

catch22 (USA) - Posts: 1768 - 17/01/2021 22:34:02    2327860

Link

Replying To catch22:  "Yes that's just one instance but you're suggesting these are major problems in today's game and like these are new instances that have never been part of the game up until now.
That's not the case. Your points are not valid."
In what decade did players throw the ball instead of hanpassing it?
Anyway to say problems with the game were always there is hardly very helpful.
There are problems with the game here and now that need to be addressed.
Highlighting past ills of the game isn't going to solve anything.

gahfan (Wexford) - Posts: 524 - 18/01/2021 12:46:23    2327914

Link

Replying To gahfan:  "In what decade did players throw the ball instead of hanpassing it?
Anyway to say problems with the game were always there is hardly very helpful.
There are problems with the game here and now that need to be addressed.
Highlighting past ills of the game isn't going to solve anything."
All of the instances you suggest with the possible exception of short passing have always existed. You're making out these are new to the game and they are not. That's the point which you seem to be missing.
There are issues that could be addressed as in pretty much every sport but these aren't new.

catch22 (USA) - Posts: 1768 - 18/01/2021 17:40:00    2327973

Link

Have to say lads Im very much a fan of the big ball, although there are some fine hurling clubs in Meath and hurling certainly is growing particularly in the south of the county. A great sport and a shame there isnt a showcase team in north-Leinster or south-Ulster to follow. It just isn't big in the area sadly.
As a follower of the game, but having never played; In relation to Brian, a great acheivement to go on coaching for the length of time he has. Think of the reach, think of the fact that he managed lads who are now pushing 50, and is still now coaching lads maybe 19/20. That takes a serious operator. Massive respect.

Young_gael (Meath) - Posts: 426 - 18/01/2021 18:35:07    2327978

Link