Westmeath Forum

Popular Posts from mickcunningham

Click on the subject to bring you to the county where the message was originally posted 

NFL Division 1 - 12 Like(s)

Replying To royaldunne:  "Are you that thick?? I didn't like their antics at the last game them or Joyce LIVING UP TO HIS NAME. That been said prior to that I have always admired Galway , and Down. And a recent appreciation of Donegal due to their fans"
what an absolutely disgraceful and bigoted comment .

mickcunningham (National) - 11/03/2020 14:11:08

HS Readers' Football Team Of The Decade - Goalkeeper - 4 Like(s)

Replying To KingdomBoy1:  "A grain of rice can tip the scales in sport my furry friend."
you are a very bitter kerry man . using an old phrase paidi used to use about the grain of rice . stephen cluxton is the greatest goalie ever and even you should agree with that

mickcunningham (National) - 10/12/2019 15:27:59

Leinster Football Championship - 4 Like(s)
i think westmeath will beat laois and will not fear meath in a potential semi final . we have done all that was asked so far and a crack at meath would be worth waiting for . so lets see what happens

mickcunningham (National) - 13/04/2019 15:58:29

Football Squad 2019. - 3 Like(s)
Big win today . Full team performance . Great 2nd half. Lots of great displays . But luke loughlin was immense he was in great form and hungry for work . 2 games left it's as simple as this win both and we are promoted and have a final in croke park well done jack and all the team

mickcunningham (Westmeath) - 03/03/2019 20:21:15

Antrim -Kerry It Doesn't Make Sense - 3 Like(s)

Replying To rhudson:  "Yea and the the young u20 Galway and Dublin lads will play an All Ire final before the senior Final But they have been told to go as well they cannaot stay Some treatment for young lads who im sure would love to see the game up close What kind of message is that sending"
The people who are giving out haven't a clue. The GAA are to be commended for getting the championship played. People should be praising them but the trolls who are on this won't ever do that

mickcunningham (National) - 10/12/2020 20:01:12

Anti GAA Agenda - 3 Like(s)

Replying To galwayford:  "You are a troll, why are you on this site, trolling the GAA?"
why in the name og god do people take themselves so seriously its a bit of craic but humour is in short supply with the keboard warriors gaa abu

mickcunningham (National) - 15/02/2021 10:34:07

O Byrne Cup, Meath V Louth - 3 Like(s)
westmeath are only using the o byrne cup as a means of blooding new players . their focus is staying in division 2 and winning or losing an o byrne cup will not alter that plan

mickcunningham (Meath) - 10/12/2019 15:31:45

Forum Becoming Boring - 3 Like(s)

Replying To Furlong1949:  "Regards ur comments kildare73 and Waynol Listen fair enough. A few points though, I didnt copy and paste the above message. I rarely copy and paste. Only when I paste something on Hogan Stand main forum I might put it on Meath forum. But other then that I dont. It always surprise me the reaction to my posts. I am marmite. Some people like what I do. Which always surprises me and I always appreciate. And others really dislike.l them. There is no in between. I can be very hit and miss. Some what I write is decent I get praise from guys on the forum and then I go off on a tagent. What I will say I am probaly not as repetitive as u think. Ur right not to read it. Definatly recommend that if u dont like it. But when ur not reading them u dont see I am not as repetitive as u think. Some decent enough posts. If that doesnt sound to cocky . Anyway enough about me. (Just I wasnt acussing of yourself being on twitter I was just making a general point most of my post was a general point. ) I will leave it there I would rather be a viewer then participants. I like to come on now and again. I will take a break now and back in a few months to cause more trouble. I am on site now and again very sporadically, every couple of months. But when I come back, I will try to be less repetitive and less long winded in the future. However if Meath have a good season and we achieve the greatest shock of all time and beat Dubs in leinster final well the essays will be never ending and take days to read and be unbearable to say the least. Anyway no hard feelings. I respect all gaa supporters also. and that includes two great kildare supporters called Kildare73 and kildarekelly and a Dub called Waynol. No hard feelings guys . Peace."
so meath are already in a leinster final . we will see about that

mickcunningham (National) - 16/04/2019 15:26:48

Meath V Dublin Leinster Final. - 3 Like(s)
a boring stats man must live on a computer

mickcunningham (National) - 26/06/2019 19:28:20

Has Cluxton Had The Most Cluxton Of Endings? - 3 Like(s)
steven cluxton is an icon . if he has retired i wish him good health in his future life . when the all time greats of gaelic football are written about steven will be on top of the list

mickcunningham (Dublin) - 05/07/2021 14:43:43

Supreme All Stars - 3 Like(s)

Replying To Greengrass:  "You wouldn't have Pat Spillane in there Mick?"
He was brilliant but that's my top 5 that I have seen

mickcunningham (National) - 15/02/2021 20:18:51

So It'S Clare - 3 Like(s)
Big win in a titanic battle best wishes to meath

mickcunningham (Meath) - 07/07/2019 17:04:51

Are Louth Best Placed To Challenge Dublin? - 3 Like(s)

Replying To waynoI:  "Leinster is dead, we know that and it has been for a long while. The dubs will win it in 2021 but with Mickey Harte taking over at Louth, are they now best placed to give Dublin their closest contest in leinster in the next few years ahead of Kildare and Meath ? I think with Louths plans to build a new ground in Dundalk and the arrival of MH, alot of potential want away players could be persuaded to give it a bash and will be potentially very excited about the future and have alot more to be hopeful and upbeat about. You can see a vision and its bold. I like Louth. I've tonnes of time for them and I'd like if they were the ones to give it a good rattle cause the others have been brutal let's be honest."
Are u having a laugh. We have a saying you can not make a silk purse from a sows ear. Mickey harte is a clever man and is on a good deal. But to challenge Dublin not a hope. Louth will not improve one bit the only thing that will happen is that their county board will be poorer financially

mickcunningham (National) - 18/01/2021 19:37:46

Westmeath Hurling 2018 - 3 Like(s)
great will and effort from the hurlers . i was sitting behind the westmeath management for both games . the difference in the level of communication is vast . very professional set up with the hurlers ., they played very well . aonghus clarke is coming back to his best . eoin price and the legendary paul greville were outstanding . i think they will be the first winners of the joe mcdonagh cup . well done to all concerned

mickcunningham (Westmeath) - 14/05/2018 10:54:11

So It'S Clare - 2 Like(s)

Replying To overthehill72:  "we can make this out to be a hard assignment for the lads, but realistically if we dont win this by 6 plus points we are not up to much. we are a division 1 team. Clare were lucky to stay in division 2."
i am shocked at the meath arrogance and bull . yee score 4 points in 80 minutes and now yee are going to beat a battle hardened clare by 6 or more . will yee come down off the high horse

mickcunningham (Meath) - 02/07/2019 10:21:30

Westmeath Hurling 2019 - 2 Like(s)
Good luck to the hurlers on sunday . Let's hope we finally make it to division 1 b

mickcunningham (Westmeath) - 08/03/2019 19:50:19

Could A Professional Hurling/Football League Survive In Ireland? - 2 Like(s)
people who advocate prefessionalism in the g a a are coming from a background of not having a clue what the gaa means to a community , we see where rugby is and that would be where clubs would be in the gaa . ask the majority of players and they do not want to be professional . but to some on these forums love of community means nothing

mickcunningham (National) - 29/05/2020 08:23:26

Football Squad 2019. - 2 Like(s)
The humble pie tastes sweet. This win wasome richly deserved . Every player gave his all . From Eoin car berry to ronan o toole they fought like tigers . Great to see Kevin maguire back . He improved as the game went on . John Heslin also made a good contribution . We had heroes all over the field but Baidu stood out in all facets of his play . Well done to jack and pascal and the team

mickcunningham (Westmeath) - 24/02/2019 17:18:04

Westmeath Hurling 2018 - 2 Like(s)
am i right or have clonkill been asked to play a match on the day the little girl is being laid to rest . it proves that human life or the feelings of a family dont matter . my deepest sympathy to the loughlin family on this terrible tragedy

mickcunningham (Westmeath) - 05/11/2018 14:29:30

New Westmeath Football Manager - 2 Like(s)

Replying To Left Full:  "Plenty of good coaches inside the county (most of which are currently involved with their clubs) along with some former county players should all be approached to get involved in some capacity: J Keane G Dolan D Dolan R O Connell D Gavin K Hickey J Cooney K Burke A Mangan D Heavin"
one name only . luke dempsey end of story

mickcunningham (Westmeath) - 10/06/2018 18:10:46