UK Forum

Popular Posts from timmyhogan

Click on the subject to bring you to the county where the message was originally posted 

The last 14 remaining in football championship - 4 Like(s)
With all this talk of putting Carlow into some second tier championship draw you are forgetting what they have done for the country this year. Were it not for Carlow and human rights violations against D Connolly we would not have Jim Gavins impassioned statement on the rights of citizens of the republic. A statement that I firmly believe will in the fullness of time be viewed in the same light as Pearse's oration at the graveside of O'Donovan Rossa. It will surely lead to a bright new dawn in Ireland, fair play and justice for all, a resolution of the National Question and who knows maybe better weather. So here's to Carlow and Up the Republic.

timmyhogan (National) - 13/07/2017 12:51:04

Mayo V Dublin - 3 Like(s)

Replying To Belclare:  "Yellow card only, o shea throwing himself to the ground feigning injury is nothing new.. He has been at it for years.."
Can you show us on the doll where the mayo girl (or boy) hurt you ;-}

timmyhogan (National) - 06/08/2019 21:08:26

Where are Sliotars made ? - 3 Like(s)
They have stopped making them in Ireland apparently, some lad in Clare has swamped the market with "as new" sliothars which he sources from Cork it appears.

timmyhogan (National) - 24/07/2017 13:25:32

Mayo V Galway - 3 Like(s)

Replying To Pullhard1985:  "Indeed Mayfair, as far as i can tell Mayos 'desperately unlucky' injury crisis amounts to 2 players being out, Diarmuid O'Connor and relative newbie Mattie Ruane, Seamus O'Shea wouldnt be getting his place anyway and Horan never fancied Parsons first time round so you could hardly include him in that. Smacks of making pre-emptive excuses, if they win it will be 'against-all-odds, injury hit, heroic warriors etc'... If they lose it will be because of their injury 'crisis', joe mcquillan etc"
Absolutely! And with all this wall to wall coverage nary a mention of the fact that Galway's Lee Keegan is out injured. Bloody media.

timmyhogan (National) - 03/07/2019 20:21:17

This Weekend's Football Qualifier Matches - Call Them - 2 Like(s)
Mayo Norway Westmeath Laois A long shot but you never know.

timmyhogan (National) - 26/06/2019 10:57:26

NFL Division 1 - 2 Like(s)

Replying To TheUsername:  "Meath might have a reprieve yet if the league is scrapped this year............"
Nope. The remainder of the NFL1 programme will be scrapped and 2 team relegated; Meath - because they are mathematically gone already & Galway - because **** em'

timmyhogan (National) - 12/03/2020 16:34:45

Replying To yew_tree:  "If only he could play against Galway and Sean Andy every week we'd be in business."
Very funny but the Galway boys have a plan for that....... Roscommon!

timmyhogan (National) - 29/10/2020 12:56:55

All Ireland Championship 2020 - 2 Like(s)

Replying To katser:  "Roscommon will clip their wings and bring them down to earth"
For months several Galway fans here have been chuntering on about the absolute necessity of finishing the NFL - so Galway could bate Mayo down to div 2. Now you hope the Rossies will stop them thus depriving Galway the chance to hammer them in a Connacht final. A case of "Once bitten , twice shy" perhaps - have ye no faith in this Galway team!

timmyhogan (National) - 20/10/2020 11:47:05

Replying To katser:  "Hard luck Mayo today...they gave it absolutely everything in pure desperation to try and claw on to Division 1 status, my heart goes out to them."
Could you not find it in your heart to acknowledge also the pain felt by the Galway fans who after being humiliated by this poor Mayo team just one week ago bitterly cried that they hoped Roscommon would beat Mayo in the Champo so as to save Galway the pain of facing them again. Where is your empathy, man!

timmyhogan (National) - 25/10/2020 20:33:18

All Ireland Football Final 2020 - Dublin V Mayo - 2 Like(s)

Replying To Ulsterchamps_32:  "Based on possession from kickouts alone I can't see how mayo can win. They won pretty much none of the tipperary kick outs so dublin should be able to do the same and when tipp eventually pushed up properly on the mayo kick out in the second half mayo struggled. Dublin would have to go out of their way not to make hay on the mayo kick out. This factor alone nearly guarantees dublin victory."
. Based on possession from kickouts alone I can't see how mayo can win That's it in a nutshell - Mayo have no midfield aerial presence. So unless they find a plan B ? its hard to win without possession.

timmyhogan (National) - 08/12/2020 10:03:38

Galway V Mayo - The Championship - 1 Like(s)
As a favour to the majority of the Galway fans on here I'll anticipate the Q & provide the answer to the only issue that will be of any interest to you guys till next year [indeed seemingly your only contribution even before today's game] ................1951 You're welcome

timmyhogan (Galway) - 15/11/2020 17:57:59

Monaghan And Cavan Amalgamation - 1 Like(s)

Replying To FootblockREF:  "There is no point Gilroy talking about a blank sheet of paper. There are red lines and we all know there are. A Cavan and Monaghan amalgamation is simply unthinkable. Gilroy did something quite impressive. He spoke utter rubbish but made it sound intelligent with a few buzz words."
. No he didn't, it was the kind of rubbish that exemplifies the output of RTE News & Sport. However the amalgamation idea brings to mind the possibly apocryphal tale about the first joint meeting of 2 east Galway clubs that had merged. A senior member of one club, a priest no less, made a speech about the need to pull together - let bygones be bygones etc. The former chairman of the 2nd club rose and replied " Well thanks for that Fr but I have to say that's the kind of Sh*** that sickens my h***."

timmyhogan (National) - 07/12/2020 18:55:21

NFL Division 1 - 1 Like(s)

Replying To katser:  "Hard luck Mayo today...they gave it absolutely everything in pure desperation to try and claw on to Division 1 status, my heart goes out to them."
This Div 2 lark seems to suit Mayo - lets hope you have some sympathy left over for the Galway fans ;-)

timmyhogan (National) - 16/11/2020 12:04:08

The Corona Virus And Possible Effects To GAA Matches - 1 Like(s)

Replying To galwayford:  "[quote=timmyhogan:  "The GAA need to finish the National league at least Well said - this point can't be repeated often enough. Of the many issues facing the country along with Covid & its economic impact; Brexit, a border poll , the rise of Sinn Fein etc its important that the primary issue facing the nation [completion of the NFL
is kept front & centre in the national debate. Thankfully certain Galway posters on HS are doing their bit in this regard. ps Remind us again lads, what's so important about the NFL this year?"]Timmy Hogan, Allianz are a big sponsor of GAA. They deserve a bit of respect. If you think I am sad, well last week in Seanad Eireann, a Green senator Martin, from Kildare, was moaning about not having a Schools rugby final on."]So the Galway fans are concerned that a trillion euro company aren't getting value for money from their GAA sponsorship deal. Well I'm glad we have cleared that up. Such noble sentiments are the heart & soul of the GAA ;-} Carry on.

timmyhogan (National) - 10/08/2020 21:02:33

Replying To monaghanman99:  "God that's hilarious honestly I'm in a hoop here"
Ah cmon, its kinda funny coz Monaghan are a very good team. Now if it was one of the weaker counties like Antrim, Louth or Galway say it would be a cheap shot.

timmyhogan (National) - 14/06/2020 13:59:12

Mayo Waiting In The Long Grass - 1 Like(s)

Replying To realdub:  "[quote=timmyhogan:  "[quote=AfricanGael:  "Dublin 1/100 Draw 50/1 Cavan 20/1 Mayo 1/4 Draw 10/1 Tipperary 7/2 It's like having Bayern Munich, Sligo Rovers, Athlone Town and Bray Wanderers in the last four of the Champions League. The Germans would be embarrassed to win it. Oh the Championship is competitive alright lol."
Perhaps, perhaps not but in recent years it was more akin to Anderlecht v Notts Forest or Juve vs whoever ;-)"]Anderlecht, now there's a blast from the past!"]Yea for some reason the soccer analogy brought Anderlecht v Notts Forest semi in 1984 to mind.

timmyhogan (National) - 27/11/2020 10:18:58

Return Of The Championship - Excited ? Not Overly Bothered ? - 1 Like(s)
Not really bothered too much - I'm with the Galway fans, the main thing is to finish the league! Wait, what !?

timmyhogan (National) - 23/10/2020 14:35:45

Replying To Trump2020:  "Despite the Virus, Corofin and St Thomas's both look ruthless and have been hammering teams in Galway. Hopefully inter county will be just as safe (so far) if it ever gets started."
. Would you not be worried that those Mayo hooligans might infect the Corofin lads (not the goalie obviously!) with the Virus to weaken the county team in the run up to the NFL relegation decider.

timmyhogan (National) - 25/08/2020 09:11:40

This Weekends Football - 1 Like(s)
Perhaps Div 3 is stronger than Div2 ;-)

timmyhogan (National) - 08/11/2020 18:21:02

Donegal v Galway - 1 Like(s)
Donegal v Galway in 2 weeks time. How good are Donegal; they struggled against Meath who are hardly a strong team if results / their own fans opinions are any guide. PP have Donegal installed as 8/11 favs so no real guide there ? or is there. Perhaps the thinking is that although Donegal aren't in great shape, Galway have already played their final against Mayo - that being the limit of their ambitions - and will lie down. How do the fans from both sides see it?

timmyhogan (National) - 10/07/2017 11:45:36