(Oldest Posts First) - Go To The Latest Post
|
Had to pay cost price and stamp duty!
Seanfan (Roscommon) - Posts: 962 - 30/09/2026 10:01:00 2695638 Link 1 |
|
I'm also wondering what you think the problem with it might be? No different in essence from if my club arranged a challenge match with your club, somehow drummed up interest in it, and we decided to charge a tenner a head for people to see it and split the proceeds afterwards. Pikeman96 (Wexford) - Posts: 4119 - 30/09/2026 11:52:48 2695661 Link 0 |
|
Croke Park is among 23 bids from ten different countries to host an Investec Champions Cup final in the near future. Kew (Galway) - Posts: 438 - 01/10/2026 06:28:11 2695755 Link 0 |
|
I'm shocked you're for this, you normally have nothing good to say about the GAA.
Square_B (Leitrim) - Posts: 2520 - 01/10/2026 10:56:49 2695782 Link 0 |
|
The Indo podcast were talking about club management in Monaghan and highlighting how managers are asking for 250 euro a training session adding up to 1k a week? Seems a lot but I heard a Galway hurling team had been paying 50k to management and didn't believe it until I heard this on the indo podcast. Is this common enough for the top teams around the country? Or just a handful of teams who have money ? Kew (Galway) - Posts: 438 - 07/10/2026 07:41:31 2696474 Link 0 |
|
More fool the clubs who pay that sort of cash out. It's scandalous what's going on. Every club has the managers on the circuit going around to different clubs like a merry go round without little or any success.
yew_tree (Mayo) - Posts: 12291 - 07/10/2026 09:59:00 2696485 Link 0 |
|
Exactly.
GreenandRed (Mayo) - Posts: 8777 - 07/10/2026 10:38:24 2696487 Link 0 |
|
It's amazing clubs can raise so much money. I'd sooner pay a top class forward to join the club over a manager. I know the Galway club is already out of the championship so that money wasnt worth it. At least they were a senior team. paying 1k a week for intermediate is crazy
Kew (Galway) - Posts: 438 - 07/10/2026 12:17:29 2696501 Link 0 |
|
Don't I know well, more fool to the counties as well. Least ye your own lad doesn't charge too much.
Square_B (Leitrim) - Posts: 2520 - 07/10/2026 21:18:33 2696554 Link 1 |